• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Lines Guns, Ammo, & Archery - Plaistow, NH

Hi everyone,

I am from Mass. I bought a Sig 716 off of an individual in NH and used State Lines as the FFL. The guys at State Lines were great. Transfer was easy and the owner helped me on the fee a little bit because I'm a former Marine. Shop seems really cool, guys there are laid back and funny, but knowledgeable.

I wasn't impressed with their gunsmith there, Gary. I used them to do the transfer because they had the shortest wait time (or so they said on the phone) to make a rifle MA-Compliant. Other shops were saying 3 week minimum. State Lines said one week. They said $160 including a muzzle device, when I told them it was a 308 they said a little extra. OK Cool. Transferred my Sig on a Saturday (March 23), they said the gunsmith wouldn't be in until Tuesday (March 26). I called on Tuesday night to contact the gunsmith, he said it should be ready by the weekend. When I called on the weekend, he said he didn't have any 308 muzzle brakes in stock and it would be the end of the following week to get one (April 4th ish). I said ok. I called over a week later, on Monday or Tuesday (April 8-9), and he couldn't get a 308 muzzle brake. I was upset that he didn't bother calling to tell me, that I had to call him to find out that he couldn't get one. I told him all I wanted now was a nut pin and welded on there to cover the threads, I don't care if there's a muzzle device. He said it would be a little cheaper because obviously a nut costs less than a muzzle brake. I called two or three days later because I was going to be going to NH on Friday and it would be convenient to pick it up then, he said it would be ready Friday afternoon (April 12). When I went to pick up the rifle, it was ready. But he cut the flash suppressor that was on there. And it was still $160 (minus a $10 veteran discount). I was going to give the flash suppressor to a friend in NH to store for me. I was very confused how a one week job that cost $160, including a muzzle device (plus a little extra for being a 308), turned out to be a three week job that cost me $150, without a new muzzle device, and cost me a flash suppressor. I was so excited to finally get the rifle (2 weeks later than I expected it) that I just coughed up the $150. Needless to say, now that I thought about everything that happened, I will be calling Gary to see if he can give me a 308 flash suppressor (that I won't bring into Mass), which I highly doubt, or some sort of refund (why I paid full price when I didn't receive a brake and my flash suppressor was destroyed). If he is unwilling to compromise, I won't be using him as a gunsmith anymore.

The guys at State Line are cool. Not their gunsmith.

Back
Top Bottom