• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Level Gun Ban Efforts

Please note there will still be a push at the national level to enact AWB and Background checks (it appeared it was being killed off by Reid but there is pressure he bring it to a vote now) now there is a BIG push at the state level (lots of anti 2a money coming in). So just when you thought Mass cannot get any worse, they are sure trying to make it worse. It is not just Linsky and Mayor Menino either, there are some big money business people behind this push in the background.

One of them is John Rosenthal President of Meredith Corp, a large real estate development firm in Boston. He runs the firm fighting to develop around Fenway and has many properties and projects in Boston. He "Claims" to be a Gun owner and Not for any Gun Bans, but please take a few moments and read this handout that John Rosenthall is associated with developing for several of the Anti 2A groups. This is NOT a run of the mill High Cap ban or background checks, this advocates more intrusive government oversight like having 2 people sign an affidavit for you when you buy a firearm and when you are licensed, training for each purchase, extensive waiting periods, give the Consumer Commission control over manufacturing etc.. This is the route to a full ban of guns, period. Take a look and pass it around, and just remember when you see projects like Yawkey Way, Fenway Center etc.. you can thank John Rosenthall for using his millions to take away your rights as a law abiding gun owner.

View attachment Anti-2A Handout.pdf

I would like to just satisfy this chump once and for all and ban clips that hold more than ten rounds.

NcSTAR-AK-%2F-SKS-Stripper-Clips-%28Pack-of-20%29.jpg

Looks like he's awfully for gun bans for a guy against gun bans.

Also looks like he's trying to curry favor with Boston politicians who control his real estate development company's future and legacy.

From his website:

"Definition of a perfect day?"

"Its starts off with a walk in the woods with my dog and a cup of coffee at Beaver Brook Reservation in Belmont, followed by untracked powder skiing all day long in Vermont. It’s perfect powder that you ski through and it blows up over your head and you can’t wipe the smile off your face. The day would finish with an overnight sail from Gloucester to Maine by myself with moonlight shining off breaching whales on either side of the my 36-foot Sabre."

Didn't see any shooting with his shotgun in there.

From his website:

"Its starts off with a walk in the woods with my dog and a cup of coffee at Beaver Brook Reservation in Belmont, followed by untracked powder skiing all day long in Vermont. It’s perfect powder that you ski through and it blows up over your head and you can’t wipe the smile off your face. The day would finish with an overnight sail from Gloucester to Maine by myself with moonlight shining off breaching whales on either side of the my 36-foot Sabre."

He forgot to include the bag of dicks he munches on at breakfast time.

Sent from my mobile shitbox.

I am debating John Rosenthal in Leominster in a couple week, and will have a goal rep with me. He spews pure lies. He doesn't own firearms.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

I just read that attachment and wow. What a bunch of unsubstantiated drivel! There's not one referenced fact and they're all grossly incorrect! He even used the "shoots planes out of the sky" one! It's got whiskers!

OLDSOLDIER
good luck in the debate. Rosenthall is aiming for a ban on everything by skeet shotguns and even those you will have to get affidavits from people to own. Hes bankrolling the Moms against guns group and can fed then whatever he wants as many dint know the difference between a magazine cartridge or clip.

"including 3,000 children under 19 years old and over 100,000 gun related injuries every year." This is my favorite fact. Children under 19 eh? How many were during the commission of a felony or by police? Oh, no source citations?

From his website:

He portrays himself as a "loner." His perfect day is spent alone. Criminal history shows us that it is the "loner" who goes bonkers and kills the innocents. It seems to me, the authorities ought to be keeping an eye on him.
Best regards.

OLDSOLDIER
good luck in the debate. Rosenthall is aiming for a ban on everything by skeet shotguns and even those you will have to get affidavits from people to own. Hes bankrolling the Moms against guns group and can fed then whatever he wants as many dint know the difference between a magazine cartridge or clip.

That's funny. 2/3 of my panel are women. Tell them they can't own firearms.

I am debating John Rosenthal in Leominster in a couple week, and will have a goal rep with me. He spews pure lies. He doesn't own firearms.

Clearly. Otherwise he might have a clue.

"Dead Results:
More than 30,000 gun deaths including 3,000 children under 19 years old and over 100,000 gun related injuries every year."

Where does he describe how many lives are SAVED by guns?! Anywhere between 860,000 and 2,500,000 crimes are stopped with a gun each year! And in less than 1% of those incidents a shot is fired!

Back
Top Bottom