• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Human Rights Commission attacks private citizen for “Black Rifles Matter” bumper sticker

Incident wasn't even 24hrs ago and the culprits are getting hammered unmercifully.

Hopefully, a couple of heads will roll for this shit, but I'd be shocked if anything happened to the two jackwads.

"In a now deleted Facebook post, the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights called out a private citizen on their official Facebook page for a bumper sticker on the back of his truck. Not long after, they deleted the post and made another post explaining why they did. The comments are something else.

But that is just a small part of this story. The owner of the truck, Brenton Linegar, was parked at the building to visit a client. He owns Sage Mechanical, a plumbing and refrigeration company. When he returned to his truck, he found two business cards. One of them had a message telling him not to park there any longer. This was written on the back of the card of Marti Buscaglia, the Executive Director of the Human Rights Commission. Linegar posted pictures of the business cards, the note, and a picture of the bumper sticker in a Facebook post. In just six hours the post has almost 1,000 comments and 655 shares.

However, it did not end there. I spoke with Linegar about what happened. He said about an hour after he found the cards and note he got a call from his client, who owns the building. The client had received an email from Marti Buscaglia, the Executive Director of the Commission. According to Linegar, the email implied Linegar was a racist and asked the client to “please do something” about Sage Mechanical. The email also accused Sage Mechanical of performing substandard work and exercising poor judgement.

The State Human Rights Commission and the State Probation and Parole Division both rent space in the building. The business cards were from the Executive Director of the Commission and the Chief Parole Officer."

State Human Rights Commission attacks private citizen for "Black Rifles Matter" bumper sticker - The Alaska Landmine

Balck Rifles Matter.png

Screen-Shot-2019-03-15-at-12.58.09-AM.png

"Dunleavy investigating bureaucrat’s attack on gun-loving plumber

HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION MAY HAVE ABUSED AUTHORITY

Gov. Michael Dunleavy has asked the Department of Law to launch an investigation into the apparent abuse of state power that occurred on Thursday at the parking lot of the Alaska Human Rights Commission.

The executive director of the Alaska Commission on Human Rights, in her own handwriting, told a plumbing company to move its vehicle from the parking lot due to what the bureaucrat thought was a racist sticker.

The sticker on the worker’s truck said “Black Rifles Matter,” and is a pro-Second Amendment statement, according to the owner of the truck, Brenton Linegar, who owns a small plumbing firm that had a contract to do repairs on the building.

In a conversation with Must Read Alaska, he expressed concern that he would lose work because of what the state official had done, and he had trepidation that publicizing her action could harm his future business opportunities, including his future contracts to work on that particular building on A Street in Anchorage.

[Read: Human Rights Commission vs. 1st, 2nd Amendment]

“Protecting an individual’s constitutional rights, including the 1st amendment, is of the utmost importance to this administration,” said a post on Gov. Dunleavy’s official Facebook page this morning.

There are at least two areas where the Department of Law may seek to get further information to clarify the intent of the bureaucrat’s actions and possible corrective action:

1. Buscaglia used her official business card to send a message to to Linegar, telling him to not use the lot because of the sticker that Buscaglia found offensive.
  2. Buscaglia and her staff then posted a photo of the truck on the state agency’s official Facebook page, and derided the owner with the message, “In what world is this OK?”, while displaying his license plate. This is use of state resources for what may be an unconstitutional “government shall make no law” act.
  3. Buscaglia and her staff then argued with citizens on the agency’s Facebook page and said she thought the message was racist. This could be harmful to the plumbing business and grounds for a lawsuit against the state.
Dunleavy investigating bureaucrat's attack on gun-loving plumber - Must Read Alaska

I think those were too unwise to realize that it was a 2nd amendment sticker and not related to race which it seems to me, it is what they reacted to. Needless to say, a snowflake move.

I think those were too unwise to realize that it was a 2nd amendment sticker and not related to race which it seems to me, it is what they reacted to. Needless to say, a snowflake move.
Even if the sticker's message actually was raciest (which I would find detestable), we still have the 1st Amendment.
"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

It was clearly the intent of the halfwit government hack to use her bullshit position and the supposed authority that comes with it in a threatening manner. At minimum she needs to lose her job, but the people of the state need to weigh the costs and benefits and consider whether or not they need a State Commission for Human Rights at all.

Doesn't the Second Amendment guarantee a Constitutional Right? ... How ironic that someone on a 'Human rights commission' would deride a Second Amendment supporter. ...

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. How can they abridge the human/civil rights of this guy? The fact that this person is SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE OF PROTECTING THIS RIGHT is beyond description.

I hope a law firm takes his case Pro Bono and he gets a nice payday down the road and Alaska State authorities fire those involved!

It was clearly the intent of the halfwit government hack to use her bullshit position and the supposed authority that comes with it in a threatening manner. At minimum she needs to lose her job, but the people of the state need to weigh the costs and benefits and consider whether or not they need a State Commission for Human Rights at all.
Especially one that violates the rights of others!!

WOW, and this in in Alaska....... I am not a bumper sticker guy and we just had a thread on that and the possible consequences of displaying them, but I would expect this sort of anti 2A crap in MA but not Alaska.

I have a Black Rifles Matter T-Shirt and like all my pro 2A gear I am careful where I display it, but I am thinking now maybe I will just wear it around the house.

The FaceBook page for the 'Alaska State Commission For Human Rights' is getting slammed pretty good.

Alaska State Commission for Human Rights

"...Buscaglia whose background is in newspaper publishing, mostly in Minnesota. Her resume doesn’t list any law or civil rights experience."

Resume you say?...[rofl]

"Resume claim costs publisher new post

Marti Buscaglia, the outgoing publisher of the Duluth News Tribune, no longer is destined for a new job as publisher of the Orange County Register in Santa Ana, Calif.

N. Christian Anderson III, the sitting publisher of the Register, said Wednesday that Buscaglia withdrew after it came to light that she had misrepresented her educational credentials on her resume.

Buscaglia's resume incorrectly claims she earned a Bachelor of Arts in advertising/communications from the University of Lima in Peru.

Anderson said the misrepresentation had "the potential to harm her credibility."

He went on to say: "Credibility is the hallmark of our company and its products. It would have been impossible for her to move forward given this development."

Anderson said he didn't want to talk about how the misinformation on Buscaglia's resume came to his attention but said he learned of it "very recently."

"I definitely want to apologize to our readers," said Buscaglia in an interview Wednesday afternoon. "Any misrepresentation on the part of a newspaper publisher really is inexcusable. I'm not going to ask to be excused. I ask to be forgiven."

Resume claim costs publisher new post | Duluth News Tribune

Alaska is a big state with lots of wilderness...what if theses two were walking in one of theses wilderness areas and accidently got lost and eaten by Bears.....[smile]
LOL
A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all f***in' night.

LOL
A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all f***in' night.

And the answer to that is:

cartoon-backhoe-loader-260nw-713351002.jpg

Every agency that uses the term "Human Rights" should be renamed if not abolished. It's a meaninglessly wishy-washy, open-ended, leftist term. In MA it's the Mass Commission Against Discrimination, which at least actually describes what they do accurately.

"Human Rights Commission" makes it sounds like the Nuremburg trials, like they're actually dealing with serious stuff.

“How shall the state be most vigorous? It shall be most vigorous when it is without conflict. How shall it be without conflict? When it is without disagreement. How shall disagreement be banished? By banishing the four causes of disagreement: lies, foolish talk, boastful talk, and talk which serves only to incite quarrels. How shall the four causes be banished? By speaking only Correct Thought. Then shall the state be without disagreement. Being without disagreement it shall be without conflict. Being without conflict it shall be vigorous, strong, and secure”
-Gene Wolfe, Book of the New Sun*

So. If your message is not approved, you're not apprpved.

*If you're not familiar with it, it's a future-set fantasy novel series; the above quote is from a member of an uber-totalitarian society.

Wearing my black rifles matter t-shirt when I get home. It’s a little small on me like most cheap shorts are, and not a tall so it’s obvious that I’m carrying, but I need to wear it tonight in solidarity with sage mechanical!

Wearing my black rifles matter t-shirt when I get home. It’s a little small on me like most cheap shorts are, and not a tall so it’s obvious that I’m carrying, but I need to wear it tonight in solidarity with sage mechanical!

Coincidentally I am wearing my "All Rifles Matter" shirt right now! Just happened to be the one I was wearing when I read this.

All you "Black Rifles Matter" guys out there, don't forget there are many other colors of rifles that matter also... Don't be racist

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom