State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Parking:

Ming's supermarket has a large free parking lot, about 15 minutes walk from the State House. It's near the Boston Herald building, through Chinatown and past Tufts Medical Center.

THis might be a questions already answered but...
Who is the ultimate organizer for the rally at the MA statehouse? NRA/GOAL/NES?
Do we need a permit? Has one been acquired? (I still dont get why we need a permit to express our thoughts as a group)

Thanks.
We do not and BPD agrees with you almost verbatim. [smile]. That is what The Captain said.

We have been in contact with BPD to let them know we are coming and have spoken with parks, transportation and ultimately BPD to confirm that no permit is required and give them as much warning as possible that there will be a large group coming.

A poted above, there isn't really an organizer per se, just people stepping in to handle the details to help things go smoothly. GOAL has been getting the word out and obviously this thread and Facebook pages are doing the same.

Wow. The MA Poll is up to over 300! And that's just from this forum sight. This is great news. Hopefully we really do only represent a small precentage, and theres a HUDGE crowd

I will be there. I don't have a sign or anything, I just plan on being there as another "face of gun ownership".

Re: Attendance List: State Capitol Demonstration Saturday January 19th @Noon

THis might be a questions already answered but...
Who is the ultimate organizer for the rally at the MA statehouse? NRA/GOAL/NES?
Do we need a permit? Has one been acquired? (I still dont get why we need a permit to express our thoughts as a group)

Thanks.

This is a grassroots effort; there is no single organizer, though DongaLonga played a crucial role in getting this started early on. Show up, and bring as many people as you can.

Regarding permits: A few people have called the BPD to inquire. There are some posts earlier in this thread that cover it. The bottom line is that we're all set.

To all you members still on the fence about attending this rally: come down off it and join us, for Liberty's sake, for your own sake, and for the sake of your children! Now is not the time for hesitation, for tyranny is at our doorstep! If you allow your rights to be eroded by the fear and ignorance of others, you will not regain them, but through bloodshed! We must face this evil head-on, and put it down decisively! History will judge our actions over the coming weeks, and we must embrace it!

Join us!

Buck.

We do not and BPD agrees with you almost verbatim. [smile]. That is what The Captain said.

We have been in contact with BPD to let them know we are coming and have spoken with parks, transportation and ultimately BPD to confirm that no permit is required and give them as much warning as possible that there will be a large group coming.

A poted above, there isn't really an organizer per se, just people stepping in to handle the details to help things go smoothly. GOAL has been getting the word out and obviously this thread and Facebook pages are doing the same.

Thank you very much cekim!

This is a grassroots effort; there is no single organizer, though DongaLonga played a crucial role in getting this started early on. Show up, and bring as many people as you can.

Regarding permits: A few people have called the BPD to inquire. There are some posts earlier in this thread that cover it. The bottom line is that we're all set.

To all you members still on the fence about attending this rally: come down off it and join us, for Liberty's sake, for your own sake, and for the sake of your children! Now is not the time for hesitation, for tyranny is at our doorstep! If you allow your rights to be eroded by the fear and ignorance of others, you will not regain them, but through bloodshed! We must face this evil head-on, and put it down decisively! History will judge our actions over the coming weeks, and we must embrace it!

Join us!

Buck.

I'm bringing myself, and 3 friends so far. Trying to get the word out to my whole club (500+ members)

welcome! TTLESNAKE;2837523]I was able to get on the Radio w/Jeff Kuhner this morning to plug the Rally tomorrow, I hope more people heard about it..[/QUOTE]

I heard it, I was waiting for you to "say send it" at the end LOL.
Thank you for making the call.

I will absolutely be there. I was afraid when I first heard about it I would be there with 10 other people, 7 of which would be wearing camo. I apllaud everyone taking the time and effort to do this and do it right. We must make our voices heard, nobody is going to help us.

Thank you to the members who have gone above and beyond to aid in the organization and communication with local authoritues. You have my gratitude.

I have already emailed all 200 members of our state house and senate my thoughts on the new proposals. I have all of the email address in text files ready to be copied and pasted into your email BCC field. If anyone is interested I can post them up as plain text. I have received a total of 3 non-auto replies. Two Dems and one repub. One Dem was on the fence and didn't say much, the other two were very supportive of our position.

Speaking out is our only course of action at this point. We can't roll over on this one.

welcome! TTLESNAKE;2837523]I was able to get on the Radio w/Jeff Kuhner this morning to plug the Rally tomorrow, I hope more people heard about it..

I heard it, I was waiting for you to "say send it" at the end LOL.
Thank you for making the call.[/QUOTE]

Your Welcome.. I was glad they let me get on the air..Anything helps..as for saying "send it" it would have possibly scared any anti's listening..[wink]

I will be there in Boston. Black suit, pink shirt, looking sharp as ****.

also- for the cheap asses in regards to parking, remember you can park in the boroughs like in Brighton, and ride the T into the city. I will be riding the T in from Cleveland circle. You can take the B, C, or D line from there, and go straight to Government Center. It's a 30-45 minute ride depending on what line you take (B is the slowest, then the C, then the D which is like a half hour to that stop)

There is public street parking on Comm Ave and in the cleveland circle area. Just don't park in brookline if you plan on leaving your car there overnight.

So it's like $4 on the T and 45 minutes of your time if $25 for a day parking pass is too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom