• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STARTING SOME B.S. FOR FUN AND STRESS RELIEF

Hey cut the Rhino a break - it's clearly what happens when you emphasize lowering the bore axis as much as possible. For good or ill, they've turned the traditional design upside down, and it shows in the styling. By firing from the bottom chamber, they put the line of action for recoil right through the hand.

Of course I've never handled one, let alone shot it. And I agree it's not conventionally attractive...

Customer or co-worker?

Customer. About 30-40 bikes left here for a ride and a co-worker and I noticed something sitting in the middle of the parking lot. He got there first but turned around and said "This ones you Michael" Ruger LCR in 9mm.

Funny thing was, it was unloaded!?!?!??? So I secured it thinking that I had a 50-50 shot at a free gun. An older fellow showed up that afternoon looking for it. The story he gave me was that it fell out of his ankle holster and he didn't realize it was gone until they stopped for lunch.

I had to ask about it being unloaded. He said he found out when he got to the dealership that the ride was going through CT and he thought that he would have been "OK" if it was unloaded............... (MA resident, no CT papers) I explained that he was just as felonious with it empty.

He had an IPSC target pin on his vest so of course we talked guns/competition. Seems he used to shoot IPSC years ago at Harvard.

For years now, I've wished I could get a hold of a Philippines guerrilla gun. My wife says her father used to have one, but he sold it for a bottle of Tanduay.

guerilla.png

An older fellow showed up that afternoon looking for it.
Now that is classy customer service. A less enlightened business would have called the PD to surrender the gun which would probably also be surrendering the customer's LTC by proxy. I'll bet his BP and HR each dropped 30 points or so when you produced the gun.
So I secured it thinking that I had a 50-50 shot at a free gun.
That little deal you made a good number of years ago was way better than a free Ruger, so you are ahead of the game even though you did not boat this bass.

Omitting details, but I doubt anyone could ever beat IPSCDRL "best deal I ever got on a gun", not even my $80 mint condition Glock 27.

Look at this ugly thing. It is what I carry.
Ugly AF.
Dependable AF.
Best mag release for conceal carry out of any handgun.
Thin AF.
Solid.

Walther-PPS-Pistol-9mm.jpg

Now that is classy customer service. A less enlightened business would have called the PD to surrender the gun which would probably also be surrendering the customer's LTC by proxy. I'll bet his BP and HR each dropped 30 points or so when you produced the gun.

That little deal you made a good number of years ago was way better than a free Ruger, so you are ahead of the game even though you did not boat this bass.

Omitting details, but I doubt anyone could ever beat IPSCDRL "best deal I ever got on a gun", not even my $80 mint condition Glock 27.

True enough, however I shudder to think what might have happened to those beautiful Colt's had I not taken guardianship of them. I keep them clean, oiled, and occasionally exercised and will pass them on to the next generation to care for and cherish. That is all the previous owner wanted. (But I gave him a little walking around money anyway) 😉

Hey cut the Rhino a break - it's clearly what happens when you emphasize lowering the bore axis as much as possible. For good or ill, they've turned the traditional design upside down, and it shows in the styling. By firing from the bottom chamber, they put the line of action for recoil right through the hand.

Of course I've never handled one, let alone shot it. And I agree it's not conventionally attractive...
It should be great for competition. But I haven't heard good things about the trigger and finding people that can work on the gun. Looks like no one makes anything for the gun (as far as springs).

It should be great for competition. But I haven't heard good things about the trigger and finding people that can work on the gun. Looks like no one makes anything for the gun (as far as springs).
The Rhino I saw at the Shot Show a few years ago had a terrible trigger.

Back
Top Bottom