Starting in IDPA (@ Harvard?)

Any recommendations how to get started - new to handguns but a long time competitive rifle shooter wants to learn about IDPA as way to improve skills.

Are Metrowest/Harvard IDPA practices good place to start, handy for me as 15 mins from home. Any members have any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim

Showing up at a Harvard practice is a great idea. What hand guns are you planning to use and what's your experience using them?

Respectfully,
jkelly

Don't worry, I'll be putting in some range time before I show up! BHP as of this week. I can shoot, but not with this gun before, and zero experience out of the holster. I'll admit to being a complete newby. All past competitive stuff was 3position rifle.

For equipment you will need a firearm, 3 magazines (min), a holster, a cover garment, 2 magazine holders, as well as eye and ear protection.

Tell the shooters at Harvard that you are new to the sport and the SO will take care of you by giving you safety instructions as well as paying extra attention to you.

You need to be real safe so don't worry about speed.

Do you have a holster and mag holders for your BHP?

Respectfully,
jkelly

It's so much fun.

See you out there.
Just wear bright orange clothing and a hat so we know you are new.

just kidding about the orange :)

We have a practice this Monday at 7:30PM. Like jkelly said- just bring what you have or ask before you come to see if someone can loan you what you might need. Of course you can just come and watch... but that's no fun!

Just don't ask for ammo... that's not easy to get these days. ;)

Would you guys that know be able to give us a list of dates for practice times at Harvard? I too would like to take advantage of the instructions etc.
EX; Monday May 4th 7:30pm

Would you guys that know be able to give us a list of dates for practice times at Harvard? I too would like to take advantage of the instructions etc.
EX; Monday May 4th 7:30pm
I think that Harvard runs practice on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. The starting time is 7:30 and they suggest bringing 150 rounds of ammo.

Worcester runs practices on the first Sunday (at least) at 6:30. they suggest you to bring 100 rounds.

There are good people at both the Worcester and Harvard clubs.

Respectfully,

jkelly

So I'm a little wiser, and poorer due to the ammo shot and classes attended - is Harvard/Metrowest IDPA practice Monday evening a good time to show up, check the club out and see what IDPA is really about?

-Tim

Come on out...It is a great time!
I was hooked after my 1st time out.

7:30 tomorrow night at the HSC indoor range.
Hope to see you there!

Steve

What a blast - had a great time, I'll be back in 2 weeks. Way more fun that plinking at a target ...

Great crew, thanks for being so helpful to a newby.
-Tim

What a blast - had a great time, I'll be back in 2 weeks. Way more fun that plinking at a target ...

Great crew, thanks for being so helpful to a newby.
-Tim

Why wait? Worcester Pistol and Rifle club IDPA match Saturday June 13th - 9:30 AM registration. Be there!!!!

Back
Top Bottom