• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Started building my gun room yesterday.

Do you have one big safe or a few smaller ones. I originally wanted to put my 36 gun safe in the basement but the safe company said I probably wouldn't be able to get it out once it was down there.
My basement looks similar to yours, at least how the stairs come down. I'd love to make something like this, but I get some moisture in mine through the bulkhead stairs so I guess it's out of the question.
Looks great though.

looks awesome man, i have a prefect basement to turn into a gun room one day, unfortunately its still my old man's place, hopefully my wife and i can buy it from him in the next few years, then i can get my hands on that basement haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

now all it needs is the big screen television connected to a camera system, redundant communications system and you have a panic room as well.

Panic room?

Who needs a panic room when you have more than enough to fend off any poor bast**d that may try and pull off some shenanigans. I'm thinking the potential ne'er-do-well would be more apt to consider the remaining basement space to be the "panic room" as bullets zip past him coming through the sheet rock from inside the room. [laugh]

Now I want a gun room. [sad2]

I don't know what you have for a boiler or hot water, but if they take in air from the basement, you may need to add air vents in the new room to the outer parts to allow for the proper make up air required for your boiler BTU input, and any other oil/gas fired appliance down there, also a C.O detector would be a good thing if one is not already down there

In any case it looks good hope to have one like it some day,

Last edited:
Some Suggestions.

I put 1 inch plywood and steel inside the inside walls(not against the concrete) so someone couldn't kick them self through the wallboard.

I had one window in the room. I have iron bars installed over the window from outside and a way to block the window from inside. Just in case.

I used the dricore on the floor as a subfloor DRIcore 7/8 in. x 2 ft. x 2 ft. Aspen Subfloor Panel-CDGNUS750024024 at The Home Depot

Instead of normal peg board. I ordered stainless steel peg board from Home depot's web site. I like the look if it. I live in NH so I can just display the guns like this without locks

IMG_5405.jpg

Mark

Mark

Some Suggestions.

I put 1 inch plywood and steel inside the inside walls(not against the concrete) so someone couldn't kick them self through the wallboard.

I had one window in the room. I have iron bars installed over the window from outside and a way to block the window from inside. Just in case.

I used the dricore on the floor as a subfloor DRIcore 7/8 in. x 2 ft. x 2 ft. Aspen Subfloor Panel-CDGNUS750024024 at The Home Depot

Instead of normal peg board. I ordered stainless steel peg board from Home depot's web site. I like the look if it. I live in NH so I can just display the guns like this without locks

View attachment 81038

Mark

Mark

is that an RPG?

and I plan to do the same thing in mass but have u bolts from behind the peg board so I can lock them to the wall.

my Window is in the back of my house. With a fence and forrest behind me. I don't any issues.Back of my house has a walk out basement and two windows. I secured both of the windows with bars. and put in a steel reinforced outside door. Plus the same on the door to the room.

Some one else asked. I have a empty law tube and a used practice rocket in the picture.

Mark

... I live in NH so I can just display the guns like this without locks...

100_1716.jpg

For the life of me I can't find a trigger lock for this sucker.

Here is the push button locked door knob that I put on mine:

Keyless Electronic Digital Door Lock - Amazon.com

Keyless Electronic Digital Door Lock
by Taft
List Price: $99.99
Price: $66.99
You Save: $33.00 (33%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Laykor USA.

Reprogrammable Master code and user code (for guests)
1 master code and 9 user codes programmable
Fits in standard door knob installation hole - Adjustable latch backset 2 3/8" to 2 3/4"
Comes with 4 x AAA batteries - Battery life exceeds 15,000 uses under ordinary use
Equip with backup battery power adapter to use when out of battery

My room is locked with a secure and easy way to open (if you know the code and you can program it). That way I meet the letter of the law if I happen to have a gun on the counter for cleaning forget to lock the safe.

Last edited:
It's a palm gun. Unless I'm mistaken, the trigger is the lever on the right. You place the gun in your hand with the barrel(on the left) protruding through your fingers. To fire, you squeeze your palm.

I hate to admit it but what am I looking at?

It's a palm gun. Unless I'm mistaken, the trigger is the lever on the right. You place the gun in your hand with the barrel(on the left) protruding through your fingers. To fire, you squeeze your palm.

This. 1880's Chicago Palm Pistol. Fires a .32 Extra-Short Rimfire (if you can find it), which is guaranteed to annoy the heck out of the person you're shooting. Come to the Pumpkin Shoot - I'll bring it along.

This. 1880's Chicago Palm Pistol. Fires a .32 Extra-Short Rimfire (if you can find it), which is guaranteed to annoy the heck out of the person you're shooting. Come to the Pumpkin Shoot - I'll bring it along.

I've seen it at one of the car shoots and will vouch for it's cool factor... the thing is awesome, and has me in a perpetual hunt for the ammo it takes.

Back
Top Bottom