• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Started building my gun room yesterday.

roccoracer

NES Member
My gun safe and all of my other goodies have been taking up to much room in the house. So I started building my gun room. It will be done tomorrow.
Here are pics if progress so far.
unara8ej.jpg
jyvepa6y.jpg
e9eqy5yr.jpg
ysy9uta4.jpg

Cut the board a little to get up off the floor more. The board your using isn't the best for basements and not putting a pt bottom plate on the floor is double trouble. If you haven't plastered the ceiling yet I'd drop real quick and strap it. You'll never run wires in the future if needed with it that way, and your much more likely to get cracks in the plaster without the strapping. You may also consider using plywood on the partition wall under the board so no one can simply punch a hole in the wall,reach in and unlock the door. Of course if your going to alarm The room this isn't needed as much. Good luck.

I need to do this too.. Right now I have stuff scattered all over the house.

Oh and make sure the door you use has the hinges on the inside. If on the outside all one needs to do is pop the pins and pivot the door out even if locked.

It is 12 feet by 12 feet with a 7 foot ceiling.

Same size as mine.
I thought that was going to be plenty big enough, and it was, until I added a second safe and started storing my prep gear in there as well. Now I wish it was bigger.

Cut the board a little to get up off the floor more. The board your using isn't the best for basements and not putting a pt bottom plate on the floor is double trouble. If you haven't plastered the ceiling yet I'd drop real quick and strap it. You'll never run wires in the future if needed with it that way, and your much more likely to get cracks in the plaster without the strapping. You may also consider using plywood on the partition wall under the board so no one can simply punch a hole in the wall,reach in and unlock the door. Of course if your going to alarm The room this isn't needed as much. Good luck.

Thank you. My basement is completely dry and my guns will still be in a safe.

im doing an area in my basement as well..but using half inch plywood then the sheetrock. a kid could punch his way thru sheet rock. so I wanted to have a tougher challenge if someone does attempt to break in. good luck and thanks for posting

im doing an area in my basement as well..but using half inch plywood then the sheetrock. a kid could punch his way thru sheet rock. so I wanted to have a tougher challenge if someone does attempt to break in. good luck and thanks for posting
Smart, I did the same. Also put a alarm system independent from the house alarm inside the room.Key pad is hidden from view as well. Motion sensor inside room so even if the steel door was beaten off the frame the alarm gos off the second anyone enters the room. Fun project. Everyone should have one.

Back
Top Bottom