Star Wars: The Old Republic

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, updated the website majorly for those still curious about the game. Have basic overview of all the Sith Classes, as well as Professions, basic rules. There is no application to fill out if you want to join (at least for the moment).

Also, reminder about the Q&A I am holding for the game tomorrow at 8pm EST. It's pretty easy to join the right server by just going to the Guild Website (below) and click on "Join Server" (MUST have Teamspeak 3 installed and set up as far as basic name + speak commands).

New England Bay

soloman02

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok, updated the website majorly for those still curious about the game. Have basic overview of all the Sith Classes, as well as Professions, basic rules. There is no application to fill out if you want to join (at least for the moment).

Also, reminder about the Q&A I am holding for the game tomorrow at 8pm EST. It's pretty easy to join the right server by just going to the Guild Website (below) and click on "Join Server" (MUST have Teamspeak 3 installed and set up as far as basic name + speak commands).

New England Bay
How do you know so much about the game? Was there a beta that you got to participate in?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
How do you know so much about the game? Was there a beta that you got to participate in?
Got into 2 Beta's and right now waiting on my 3rd. Bioware is doing a massive beta invite to test its servers (large as in if you put in to be in the Beta prior to 11/10 your in the next beta test).

If you got any question about it, just ask away.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, major beta over the thanksgiving day weekend. If you want a chance to check out the game, many of the gaming sites are having beta keys to give away.

Planned Dates are 11-25 thru 11-28. Start times TBD

Some quick links of the sites giving them away (registration MAY be required for some).
Curse Gaming
Massively
Ten Ton Hammer

Last edited:

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
My buddy was playing the beta last weekend while I was over. The game certainly looks pretty cool. I made a character Smuggler and ran him up to Lvl 4 before my buddy wanted to take back over. I would certainly get this game if I had a computer setup that could handle it. Right now I just keep buying guns/ammo and never have the $$ put away for the new computer.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
My buddy was playing the beta last weekend while I was over. The game certainly looks pretty cool. I made a character Smuggler and ran him up to Lvl 4 before my buddy wanted to take back over. I would certainly get this game if I had a computer setup that could handle it. Right now I just keep buying guns/ammo and never have the $$ put away for the new computer.
I dont think that this game is going to be ultra demanding on computers.

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I dont think that this game is going to be ultra demanding on computers.
Lets put it this way I am using my mom's old computer because mine shit the bed...lol
So I don't even think that could handle anything more than Ms. Pacman

BTW that's one of the reasons you never see my on WOT, my gaming computer died a few months back or longer and have not replaced it. I only play that when I use my buddies spare computer lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Lets put it this way I am using my mom's old computer because mine shit the bed...lol
So I don't even think that could handle anything more than Ms. Pacman

BTW that's one of the reasons you never see my on WOT, my gaming computer died a few months back or longer and have not replaced it. I only play that when I use my buddies spare computer lol
MMO's tend to have a lot lower system requirement than something like a FPS. Here is SWTOR's

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.
You wont be able to play everything with the eye candy turned up, but could still play.

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Ok make it simple for you guys - shes got 500mb for her memory.. not 1 gig not 2 gig... 500mb lol
Still got any ideas for a new game - maybe Ill dust the Leisure Suite Larry's up :D

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, seems they also cleaned up some of the graphics. Wont post the pics directly here, but will link to the site (Beta Cake).

Star Wars : The Old Republic : New Build Screenshots

Also found out that it seems WoW is going to introduce Pokeomon to the game as well. Not to mention 'borrowing' a few ideas from SWTOR (Huttball and cut scene animations). Before you say I'm paranoid both of the listed aspects that they 'borrowed' from SWTOR happen to be two VERY highly popular features of the game.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, it's official. The NDA has been lifted!

I can now openly talk/post about the game. I have been in 2 Beta's within the past 3 months. Followed the game since July of 2009. Got a question, feel free to ask.

Also, site that has lots of info. Darth Hater DB. This is the the link to class abilities.

Last edited:

soloman02

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone else having trouble selecting a display name for the SWTOR site? Hansolo apparently is considered inappropriate language.

soloman02

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Think more along the lines your trying to use a trademarked or literary canon name for it.
That doesn't make sense though because while dengar also gives me that error (he was a minor bounty hunter) Darklighter does not. Instead darklighter is in use. Darklighter is definitely literary cannon since Biggs was killed in the first movie. Also if WedgeAntillies is in use then there is no reason hansolo should be cast as un-allowed.

Also kingkong gives me the inappropriate language error, but I have seen people on the forums with trademarked names.

I'd do soloman02 (my usual PC gaming alias) but bioware is stupid and doesn't allow numbers.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That doesn't make sense though because while dengar also gives me that error (he was a minor bounty hunter) Darklighter does not. Instead darklighter is in use. Darklighter is definitely literary cannon since Biggs was killed in the first movie. Also if WedgeAntillies is in use then there is no reason hansolo should be cast as un-allowed.

Also kingkong gives me the inappropriate language error, but I have seen people on the forums with trademarked names.

I'd do soloman02 (my usual PC gaming alias) but bioware is stupid and doesn't allow numbers.
Then not sure man. Be sure to check out the guild website if your playing. I'm pretty much heading up the MMO aspect (Played WoW since it's release as well as Warhammer, LoTRO, Rift, APB). We may be going to a PvE server but not sure. We may end up having some newbies and rolling on a PvP server may scar them forever.

And trust me, PvP will be avail even on PvE servers. Just look at Outlaw's Den. Will also have endgame PvP in the form of Planet Illum which is looking to be a MUCH bigger version of Outlaw's Den w/ even more stuff.

• Free-for-all rules: Kill anyone and everything that isn’t in your own party/group, including players of your same faction
  • Rare vendors – that are killable – and don’t re-spawn on a regular schedule
  • Rare resources for Crew Skills
  • Map designed with objects and architectural features such as arenas and pits – to do with as you please
  • Commerce area with access to your cargo hold (bank) and the Galactic Trade Network (auction house.) Even this area of Outlaw’s Den is not a sanctuary. Always keep one eye open at the mailbox ;)
  • It’s well-marked so players shouldn’t be surprised if they stroll into the area

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
About 2 days before the huge beta. They are pretty much using it as a test run for official opening and early access. And from the looks of it, the servers will be crying out in pain opening day as there are about 865,669 (as of Nov. 12) physical pre-orders. This doesn't count the tons of digital copies sold, and this is just US sales.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
opinions on Beta please!
not that bad. I PvP'd a lot and it was fun in the Warzones and such. Travelled to Illum to check it out (this is a full PvP zone on all servers) but turned back when I saw lvl 50 mobs about (I was lvl 19).

There were issues, wont deny that:

- UI needs major work, but with them implementing addons this wont be much of an issue, unless addons are going to be 6 months to a year after launch. In it's current state one doesn't raid with this addon as a healer.

- Still bugs, but that's normal for an MMO coming out, so no worries there.

- Character creation can be better, as well as enabling tutorials on for those new to MMO's.

- Clean up/refine the que time listed. Lots of times it said 2hrs on some PvE servers when the wait was really 15-30 mins.

This weekends test was mainly to test the hardware and got to say it stayed stable and playable for the most part. The only time it got hectic was when they purposly stressed the servers more at full to see how much to break and the like. They had 20+ servers easily just for the U.S and nearly all were full come Sunday.

Have actually been a part of WoW's launch day can honestly say the SWTOR beta weekend had more people, more servers and ran TONS smoother than WoW.

When playing this game people need to remember two very key concepts. This is not Star Wars Galaxies 2, and this is not Knights of the Old Republic in terms of gameplay/style.

Some positive points:

- You can be a 'good' Sith or an 'evil' Jedi if you wish.
- Dark Side Corruption is interesting in that was you accrue dark side points your body starts to misfigure. First step is you get some AWESOME orange colored eyes ala Palpatine.
- Crafting is no longer a time sink (and things are still fleshing out)
- The Wall of Crazy has some great ideas that are to be implemented in either a patch or expansion. Some things up on the wall include:
1) Guild Capital Ships
2) Pazzak, Swoop Racing, Pod Racing
3) Full 3D space and PvP space based Combat
4) Dejarik (for those that don't know what it is, it's the game R2-D2 and Chewie play in the Falcon that looks like chess with monsters).
5) Tools for Role Players and even animal based mounts (right now in game you get various speeders).

Again, not everything is going in at launch, and yet to see an MMO do that (just not in the nature of the beast for an MMO release).

One thing is for sure, not sure if we should roll Sith or Republic now. Played both sides classes to 10 and like the Jedi side tad more than Sith.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Early Access starts on Tuesday at 7am.

After researching more, and the fact that RP-PvP servers were not listed as a server choice for Guild Launch, a lot of RP-PvP guilds have decided to roll on the same server. Yah, it's people who RP in MMO's, but you seriously get the most mature community in an MMO on these servers.

Will post the server when I'm able to choose it.

Also, lots of new information on the Guilds website. Some basic videos showing gameplay by Ed Park. Does a GREAT job of his videos by actually teaching you about PvP in an MMO. In the forums you will find all sorts of info on the various classes and advanced classes, especially skills and the class trailers and progression (IE how the generic class and then the advanced class options).

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm building a Core i7 gaming rig this week and have ordered Staer Wars TOR. Can anyone point me in the direction of a video or a link that can summarize for me how this game works? I've never played a MMO game before and quite frankly I'm afraid of it turning into a huge time suck. I have no intention of getting addicted to it like a few people I know who play World of Warcraft, but I'd like to at least try it out.

Also, any recommendations on a single-player Star Wars game I can play? I just looked it up and am amazed to realize that the last Star Wars game I played was Star Wars Jedi Knoght: Dark Forces II, which was released in 1997...15 years ago!!! I really enjoyed that game.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm building a Core i7 gaming rig this week and have ordered Staer Wars TOR. Can anyone point me in the direction of a video or a link that can summarize for me how this game works? I've never played a MMO game before and quite frankly I'm afraid of it turning into a huge time suck. I have no intention of getting addicted to it like a few people I know who play World of Warcraft, but I'd like to at least try it out.

Also, any recommendations on a single-player Star Wars game I can play? I just looked it up and am amazed to realize that the last Star Wars game I played was Star Wars Jedi Knoght: Dark Forces II, which was released in 1997...15 years ago!!! I really enjoyed that game.
The game is super addictive.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I don't know if anyone here still plays this game, or is interested in it, but just as a quick FYI:

90% of the North American servers are going to be closed soon, probably. they already had transfers off them and they are just running empty now. The game has failed.

I guess this is what $150,000,000+ budgets get you these days. [rofl]

Scarecrow

Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wasn't really interested in this game, but some of my buddies LOVE IT. I, personally, will be playing Minecraft until Guild Wars 2 comes out.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I wasn't really interested in this game, but some of my buddies LOVE IT. I, personally, will be playing Minecraft until Guild Wars 2 comes out.
I've been recently looking at GW2, it looks way better than SWTOR. I'll be picking it up. If your looking for some people to play with, shoot me a PM.

Top Bottom