Star Wars Rogue One

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Excited for this (I'm calling it Ep 3 1/2), and the Han Solo film.
Heck, I read the entire EU before it turned to dust. I don't actually care. The books were a fun read.
This is fiction, not history. I like them all, even the prequels. If I want to bitch, I'll look at real life.
This looks like a real fun movie.

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The one that just was released on DVD takes place when???

This one is before or after that?? lol

I'm lost.
The one that just came out is set thirty years after Return of the Jedi, the death of Vader, etc., etc. Old Luke, old Leia, Old Han.

Rogue One is set before A New Hope, and looks like it addresses how the rebellion got hold of the Death Star plans they used in the first movie to destroy the Death Star. Luke would still be a kid on his aunt and uncle's farm, etc., Vader was still badass.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The one that just came out is set thirty years after Return of the Jedi, the death of Vader, etc., etc. Old Luke, old Leia, Old Han.

Rogue One is set before A New Hope, and looks like it addresses how the rebellion got hold of the Death Star plans they used in the first movie to destroy the Death Star. Luke would still be a kid on his aunt and uncle's farm, etc., Vader was still badass.
Ah ok.

Thanks for the info!!!

SeanT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If they've cast Han Solo yet, hopefully we'll see him somewhere in Rogue One. Even a throwaway cameo would be cool. I remember when Episode 3 came out being a small bit disappointed we didn't see a young/teen Solo pulling a con.

Vader should be in this as well somewhere.

I love SW so as long as it's not bad movies they make, take my money. Hell, I have more trust in Disney not rolling out crap as opposed to Lucas at this point (SW prequels, Indy & Crystal Skull).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised at the cast. Forrest Whitaker crazy eye, oh yeah. I think there are some big names from Asia in this one too (IP Man). I saw a couple other people I 'recognize' but can't place. Big names, but not really current in the US market.

I've read some of the Solo books from when he started out. They were pretty good 'airplane' books, took about 5-6 hours to read them while flying somewhere.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Disney is going to milk the franchise for every dime they can get until we're sick of it. They paid $4 billion for Lucas Films and already raked $2 billion worldwide from ticket sales alone. They're not gonna stop anytime soon until we choke on it, just watch. Why would they take their time to make the best movie possible every few years when they can pop them out every 6 months and gross billions?

I'm definitely disappointed that its coming out so close to the last one but based on the trailer the movie at least looks well made. Still, another movie with a Death Star? Really? That makes the Death Star appear in 6 of the 8 movies. They have to start coming up with more creative ideas, its getting old. The last one was ok until Ren took his mask off to reveal the face of the least intimidating person on the planet. Also, they made Finn come off as too goofy and somewhat dependent on the characters around him for most of the movie. Despite this, he can hang with Ren in a lightsaber battle? Major let down, makes no sense. Don't get me started on the super cool original idea of a BIGGER Death Star....so exciting.

I really liked the protagonist Rey in the last one. She did a great job and struck a good balance between being strong vs. overcompensating. I hope this next female protagonist is there to serve as a cool character instead of Disney saying "look look, we like women, don't hurt us, here's another tough 90lb chick kicking ass!" Hope I'm wrong but I feel it will be more of the latter reason given the endless criticism they get for not having as many cool female characters vs. male ones in the series as a whole.
Spoken like an. . . . adult.

Let's take your average 9 yo. When I was 9 and Lucas was spitting out SW movies, it was THREE YEARS in between. 1/3 of my ENTIRE LIFE waiting for the second part and 1/4 of my life for the 3rd. Eternity! All we had in between was that awful Christmas special.

They are doing this the way they did Marvel - do a movie every 2-3 years, with other movies with similar/same characters in between, rolling through so at least one Marvel movie comes out every year. All tie in with some similar themes.

Seems like a good plan. They are raking in the dough. Who cares. Are they making good movies? If yes, I don't care how much money they make. If no, I don't care how much money they make. Simple.

As far as Bothans - wrong movie. As far as Darth Vader - he's very "technically" alive between Episodes 3 and 4. Especially the early Episode 4 (otherwise known to all 40-somethings as. . . STAR WARS) when he tortures Princess Leia and is run around by Grand Moff Tarken. But I suspect his appearance in this film will be limited like with SW Rebels cartoons. Basically, the good guys will just run the heck away.

What will be interesting is where they end it. Do they hand the plans to Leia or does it end before then? Who plays Leia?

I'm excited. 7-and-change more months to go.

hpm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Norfolk County, MA / Piscataquis County, ME
The one that just was released on DVD takes place when???

This one is before or after that?? lol

I'm lost.
The one just released on DVD is part of the new Star Wars trilogy.
This was part VII (The force awakens) and plays 30 years after part VI (Return of the Jedi).
The remaining two parts of this trilogy will hit theaters end of 2017 (part VIII) and end of 2019 (part IX).

The movie being released end of this year is a spin off movie - not part of a trilogy. Disney plans to release a few of them (my guess each year no trilogy movie gets released - 2016 and 2018 for sure. Maybe more.)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The one just released on DVD is part of the new Star Wars trilogy.
This was part VII (The force awakens) and plays 30 years after part VI (Return of the Jedi).
The remaining two parts of this trilogy will hit theaters end of 2017 (part VIII) and end of 2019 (part IX).

The movie being released end of this year is a spin off movie - not part of a trilogy. Disney plans to release a few of them (my guess each year no trilogy movie gets released - 2016 and 2018 for sure. Maybe more.)
Thanks!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Y'all are a bunch of geeks, you know that, right?

This is why I like this place.
I view NES as my secret man-cave, nerd-hole, venting space and a place to ask about random crap. Here, no one thinks your (too) weird for liking guns, motorcycles, beer, Star Wars, Star Trek or history. Because we're all weird. Very, very weird.
[rofl]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised at the cast. Forrest Whitaker crazy eye, oh yeah. I think there are some big names from Asia in this one too (IP Man). I saw a couple other people I 'recognize' but can't place. Big names, but not really current in the US market.

I've read some of the Solo books from when he started out. They were pretty good 'airplane' books, took about 5-6 hours to read them while flying somewhere.
Donnie Yen is the Asian. He grew up in Boston. It seems as if he's going to blow up soon in the US. Ip Man 3, Star Wars, and XXX Return of Ridick with Vin Diesel

soloman02

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
OMG. This is awesome. I can't wait til December.

[video=youtube_share;HUb_zpdyDpU]http://youtu.be/HUb_zpdyDpU[/video]

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm not too keen on the behind the scenes stuff. I don't care about the cameras, or actors or any cinematographic crap. I just want to see previews of THE MOVIE. As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far away. Sorry, I like movies, but not art. Don't make sci Fi art, please.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm not too keen on the behind the scenes stuff. I don't care about the cameras, or actors or any cinematographic crap. I just want to see previews of THE MOVIE. As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far away. Sorry, I like movies, but not art. Don't make sci Fi art, please.
It's really more about showing fans of the franchise that this one wasn't completely shot on a green screen either than about showing its artistic merits. They're still trying to separate themselves from episodes one, two and three with these ads (they did one just like it for episode 7).

Top Bottom