Star Wars Rogue One

goodzilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Didn't realize they were departing from the Star Wars VII story line in the sequel. Hmm, #DisneyWhores.

That said, I'll still watch it. Can't get enough Death Star construction story lines in all these damn films.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Didn't realize they were departing from the Star Wars VII story line in the sequel. Hmm, #DisneyWhores.

That said, I'll still watch it. Can't get enough Death Star construction story lines in all these damn films.
it's not really a sequel, disney plans to release a bunch of Star wars films.

or rather, films set in the star wars universe.

Isn't there a Han Solo origin movie planned?

CobaltBlueSteel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
it's not really a sequel, disney plans to release a bunch of Star wars films.

or rather, films set in the star wars universe.

Isn't there a Han Solo origin movie planned?
Yes. Would be pretty hilarious (and epic) if the young Han Solo actor also got picked up for the young Indiana Jones movie that is planned.

TheGreekFreak

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Disney is going to milk the franchise for every dime they can get until we're sick of it. They paid $4 billion for Lucas Films and already raked $2 billion worldwide from ticket sales alone. They're not gonna stop anytime soon until we choke on it, just watch. Why would they take their time to make the best movie possible every few years when they can pop them out every 6 months and gross billions?

I'm definitely disappointed that its coming out so close to the last one but based on the trailer the movie at least looks well made. Still, another movie with a Death Star? Really? That makes the Death Star appear in 6 of the 8 movies. They have to start coming up with more creative ideas, its getting old. The last one was ok until Ren took his mask off to reveal the face of the least intimidating person on the planet. Also, they made Finn come off as too goofy and somewhat dependent on the characters around him for most of the movie. Despite this, he can hang with Ren in a lightsaber battle? Major let down, makes no sense. Don't get me started on the super cool original idea of a BIGGER Death Star....so exciting.

I really liked the protagonist Rey in the last one. She did a great job and struck a good balance between being strong vs. overcompensating. I hope this next female protagonist is there to serve as a cool character instead of Disney saying "look look, we like women, don't hurt us, here's another tough 90lb chick kicking ass!" Hope I'm wrong but I feel it will be more of the latter reason given the endless criticism they get for not having as many cool female characters vs. male ones in the series as a whole.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Looks like a crime thriller that happens to be set in the Star Wars universe.

Good director? Good movie. So I'll watch it happily. Disney is much better at Lucas' films than Lucas is.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The wife and I are going. We made The Force Awakens a day date this past December, I am looking forward to making that an annual Star Wars tradition. I think Ep 8 is due Dec '17, I hope they stick to that.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Disney is going to milk the franchise for every dime they can get until we're sick of it. They paid $4 billion for Lucas Films and already raked $2 billion worldwide from ticket sales alone. They're not gonna stop anytime soon until we choke on it, just watch. Why would they take their time to make the best movie possible every few years when they can pop them out every 6 months and gross billions?

I'm definitely disappointed that its coming out so close to the last one but based on the trailer the movie at least looks well made. Still, another movie with a Death Star? Really? That makes the Death Star appear in 6 of the 8 movies. They have to start coming up with more creative ideas, its getting old. The last one was ok until Ren took his mask off to reveal the face of the least intimidating person on the planet. Also, they made Finn come off as too goofy and somewhat dependent on the characters around him for most of the movie. Despite this, he can hang with Ren in a lightsaber battle? Major let down, makes no sense. Don't get me started on the super cool original idea of a BIGGER Death Star....so exciting.

I really liked the protagonist Rey in the last one. She did a great job and struck a good balance between being strong vs. overcompensating. I hope this next female protagonist is there to serve as a cool character instead of Disney saying "look look, we like women, don't hurt us, here's another tough 90lb chick kicking ass!" Hope I'm wrong but I feel it will be more of the latter reason given the endless criticism they get for not having as many cool female characters vs. male ones in the series as a whole.
as long as the product is good, let them milk it. Given what Disney is capable of in terms of finanical means. I have no issue with this.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

What do you mean? This takes place before IV.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the Officer he first choked out in Episode 4 was in this trailer, I would hope so.
no way, really? I missed that, that's awesome!

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

While some of your criticisms are valid, just think of Jar-Jar and Hayden Christiansen, and you'll feel right as rain about the new films.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The wife and I are going. We made The Force Awakens a day date this past December, I am looking forward to making that an annual Star Wars tradition. I think Ep 8 is due Dec '17, I hope they stick to that.
My gf went on a family trip the week 7 came out . Every day she would call me "you better not go see it "

CobaltBlueSteel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
no way, really? I missed that, that's awesome!
Apparently I did too. Like as in I completely forgot I posted this halfway through a 21 hour shift. Probably half crazy by then just staring at virus swirling around a glass jar trying to make something magical happen.

I rewatched the trailer and I have no idea what I was talking about back there.

But I don't see why they would make a movie set in Vader's time frame without Vader. So I'm sure there will be more familiar faces than just Mon Mothma.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yeah I was of the same opinion watching the new Star Wars movie. It's literally all the cliches, lines, themes and people from IV - VI. I also really hated how JJ Abrams screwed with the new Star Treks with the whole "parallel dimension" thing; the Original Series explained a lot of what the new ST movies were poking at, plus the six movies with the TOS crew.

If you're going to keep a series alive, honor its memory, don't be like a person stuck forever with a high school mentality that doesn't grow up.

Top Bottom