Standing up "the militia" to call the bluff of 2A collectivists

It’s a silly interpretation, and one that’s not even remotely asserted in good faith, but why not put aside all the constitutional arguments supporting our right to pack heat and just call their militia bluff? Maybe we should reinvigorate the concept of a militia in our great nation, if only to annoy liberals.

So, pick up your weapon and fall in. Let’s do this thing. America, let’s get our militia on.
What kind of weapon? Well, the requirement for every citizen should be a firearm suited to combat – an actual assault rifle. The M16/M4 is the classic American military weapon, and every member of the militia should have one or an appropriate analogue. If you want to go with a 7.62 mm battle rifle instead of a 5.56 mm, that’s your prerogative. As a member of the modern militia, you’ll need to provide your own kit, and Kit Item No. 1 is some kind of rifle. You need to be able to defend yourself, your family, your community and your Constitution, whether with an AR, AK, FAL, SIG, HK or some other high-velocity acronym.
Let’s Call The Liberals’ Second Amendment Militia Bluff

I assume you subjects in MA and other gun ban utopias would not get to join, though. Maura is not going to let you have an M4. ;)

I assume you subjects in MA and other gun ban utopias would not get to join, though. Maura is not going to let you have an M4. ;)

How about a couple of M2's?
300px-M2_Browning%2C_Mus%C3%A9e_de_l%27Arm%C3%A9e.jpg

Interesting.
Replace "militia" with "your sportsmans/ rod and gun club" and thats how I associate it.

Besides, in this techno-age we live in, advertising as a militia would be the worst possible thing they can do to themselves. There goes the element of surprise.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after “let’s get our militia on”.

When and if the time comes to take up arms we’ll all know it.
He lost me when he said mass residents can't get an m4.

I assume he means carbine length ar platform as an m4 would obviously require the permission slip from the ATF so his total ignorance on this matter had me set off......and anything to follow from this person should just be ignored outright.

"Let me?" She is not my mother, nor am I 10 years old anymore..............

"let you" is correct.

Despite the fact that she had no authority and more than likely broke the law with her criminally stupid, unilateral, dictatorial ban on AR platform guns, you'll still have to work hard to acquire one that she dislikes.

Why concede the bullshit militia point at all?
I just read this, and Schlichter spends the first 5 paragraphs explaining that the interpretation of the Second Amendment as a collective right is bunk. I don't see him conceding anything but rather trying to win the Internet for today by suggesting the militia coalesce more often than, say, the current almost never to throw a wrench in the argument those who interpret the Second Amendment correctly (as an individual right) completely ignore the prefatory clause.

Fun idea, but it is fraught with problems. As the OP pointed out, it never could begin to get off the ground in states in which people are on bended knee before pro-disarmament regimes while waiting for the next restrictions to be enacted. And few of us currently are taking a modern firearms "suited to combat" to the range for regular practice. At least Schlichter is taking into account that the NFA is unconstitutional, and we should be armed with the same small arms the military uses--and to the extent we see fit.
How about a couple of M2's?
300px-M2_Browning%2C_Mus%C3%A9e_de_l%27Arm%C3%A9e.jpg
That would leave none for the rest of you.

I assume he means carbine length ar platform as an m4 would obviously require the permission slip from the ATF so his total ignorance on this matter had me set off......and anything to follow from this person should just be ignored outright.

Agreed.
Anybody that talks about this stuff with any seriousness online should at least;

1) know what they're talking about
2) know enough not to talk about it online or using open source devices

Can’t take them seriously when a complete failure and violation of PERSEC and OPSEC is the first thing out of their mouths.

Fantasy land mindset of people just dying (no pun intended) for a civil war so they can test out everything they learned online.

Well I'm gonna say it. Even Militias need good Officers. I'll define Officers as COs, NCOs or Tops (experience counts). A bunch of guys who show up with guns? That's a great start. An Armed Mob is great for instigating a fight but a properly led Militia wins fights and needs the leadership of Officers.

"let you" is correct.

Despite the fact that she had no authority and more than likely broke the law with her criminally stupid, unilateral, dictatorial ban on AR platform guns, you'll still have to work hard to acquire one that she dislikes.

Work hard? I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that much work to acquire one....

Eh, leave me out of your running around in the woods playing soldier bit. There is nothing to be gained from military training when I keep a weapon for the potential of some meth head breaking into the house at 3AM. The left will go full retard on any group say roughly 100 or more practicing and doing drills. One snapped picture on facebook will result in doxxing's galore.

So where does the rest of the "free" nation get it's m4s without a mg license?
That is a great question for the person who wrote the article, since he is the one who overlooked the fact that federal law is a barrier to ownership.

The only "he" in that context is the author of the article, and he made no mention of MA. I took his M4 comment to mean an M4, not a semi-auto-only AR platform carbine. Based on reading comprehension, YMMV. ;)

That is a great question for the person who wrote the article, since he is the one who overlooked the fact that federal law is a barrier to ownership.

The only "he" in that context is the author of the article, and he made no mention of MA. I took his M4 comment to mean an M4, not a semi-auto-only AR platform carbine. Based on reading comprehension, YMMV. ;)
You typed m4 in your comment with respect to mass residents not being able to procure an m4......when clearly the entire country has barriers at the fed level in buying one...doubling down on the authors ignorance through your failure to even recognize it. If your comprehension skills were up to snuff......you wouldn't have even posted in the first place.

You typed m4 in your comment with respect to mass residents not being able to procure an m4...
Ma'am, it was typed in jest--see the emoticon?
...when clearly the entire country has barriers at the fed level in buying one...
You don't say.
doubling down on the authors ignorance through your failure to even recognize it.
(WTF is this person talking about?) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If your comprehension skills were up to snuff......you wouldn't have even posted in the first place.
It was just an article, and one by @KurtSchlichter rather than me. You did not have to read it and go into an incel rage.

Last edited:
Agreed.
Anybody that talks about this stuff with any seriousness online should at least;

Can’t take them seriously when a complete failure and violation of PERSEC and OPSEC is the first thing out of their mouths.

Fantasy land mindset of people just dying (no pun intended) for a civil war so they can test out everything they learned online.

Spot on cams

Agreed.

Yes. Until the opportunity is in their faces to test what they learned on line and they discover that the opposition shoots back. Then mom's basement sounds pretty good.

Last edited:
Yes. Until the opportunity is in their faces to test what the learned on line and they discover that the opposition shoots back. Then mom's basement sounds pretty good.

Agreed. We all wanted to be tested as young men when we signed up, we had no real fear of it because we didn’t know what to expect, but you, I and a bunch of others here know now that it is nothing like the movies and it scares the hell out of you (it did me at least) and all I was thinking every time was wtf did I get myself into. Seriously, it sounds funny to say but I’d be in between ducking and moving and literally berating myself out loud for being such a f***ing idiot. lol

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still fight, on our streets if it comes to it, but in the meantime I’ll pray that it never comes to it, because it will be bad and we’ll all lose people.

Back
Top Bottom