• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Standard Manufacturing DP-12 Legal?

BREWINZ

NES Member
I've been doing some reading and it appears that "High capacity" has been a debate. Also, pistol grip, etc. Whether the shotgun is a pump or not. So, is the DP-12 MA legal?

The "large capacity feeding device" is a nebulous thing on a shottie, for various reasons, so if you have an LTC, there should be no problem. It's not a semi-auto, so it's not an "assault weapon."

The DP is sold here, so.....buy it, if you want.

I've shot one; I personally don't see the point, other that the OMG/WTF factor when someone sees it for the first time, which is admittedly, quite high [laugh]. Of course, that's because I am used to: Shoot, pump, shoot, pump...... Unless you remember that it's Shoot, shoot, pump.....you drop half of your ammo on the ground [laugh]

I think the reason that it exists is so that when Cleetus "cocks" his double-barrel shotgun on the Simpsons (sounds like a pump to me!), there's a real-world equivalent.

Of course, that's because I am used to: Shoot, pump, shoot, pump...... Unless you remember that it's Shoot, shoot, pump.....you drop half of your ammo on the ground [laugh]

Minor correction: the action is locked until you've fired both shots. So you can't accidentally dump ammo on the ground.

On this topic though as a new DP-12 owner, it's very easy to get in a new rhythm as long as you're in that shoot, shoot, pump mindset... like shooting steel targets or pumpkins (the DP-12 got a lot of attention at the NES Pumpkin Shoot yesterday). But if for some reason you're shooting clays with it, you'll probably forget when you pumped last or fired the 2nd round in the time between clays (which happened yesterday too).

Minor correction: the action is locked until you've fired both shots. So you can't accidentally dump ammo on the ground.

On this topic though as a new DP-12 owner, it's very easy to get in a new rhythm as long as you're in that shoot, shoot, pump mindset... like shooting steel targets or pumpkins (the DP-12 got a lot of attention at the NES Pumpkin Shoot yesterday). But if for some reason you're shooting clays with it, you'll probably forget when you pumped last or fired the 2nd round in the time between clays (which happened yesterday too).

Not on the one that I tried out. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom