• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stand your ground

stand your ground also hold your ground to refuse to do what someone else wants While others urged him to try to rescue the peace process, he's been insisting he'll stand his ground.
Etymology: based on the literal meaning of stand your ground (to refuse to move back during a fight)

I'm pretty sure i dont see anything in that definition that says anyting about guns. But of course according to all the anti gun retards out there they think its just a law for us awful/irresponsible gun owners. I've been hearing about this crap for the past week or so and it's been making my blood boil how ignorant people are and lack common sense. Why is it always the gun, say someone comes speeding down the road and hits a pedestrian. According to everyone it's automaticaly a bad driver unlike a shooting its a gun that's the issue not the person behind it. Sorry about this little rant and i know most of this has already been brought to attention but i had to just get it off my chest because it annoys the hell out of me.

I've been tying to get it through peoples heads that 'stand your ground' laws aren't about guns. They're about being able to defend yourself and others. It can be something as simple as using a rock to fend off an attacker. Some people get it, some don't.

I've been tying to get it through peoples heads that 'stand your ground' laws aren't about guns. They're about being able to defend yourself and others. It can be something as simple as using a rock to fend off an attacker. Some people get it, some don't.

Sorry Bill, you can't use a rock in MA unless it falls under Atty.Gen guidelines and you have a valid LTB ( license to bash)

It just gets me going when i hear some of the stuff the anti gun idiots say, i drive for a living so i listen to a couple talk radio stations and whenever the gun topic comes up the people that call in just lack so much common sense and say the dumbest things. For instance the whole trayvon martin case people blame the gun, no if the moron listened to dispatch when they said to back off everything would be fine so instead he continues to follow him and get out of the car for whatever reason. It's gun owners like that who make things so much harder for us and of course the crimals with illegal guns dont help either so they make more gun laws for us, pretty much making things better for the criminals. So if the stand your ground law doesnt pass in the end criminals win.

a close friend of mine was epically opposed to guns. he wouldnt even come into my home after he found out i owned....a few guns. two weeks ago after a day of convincing him to go with me (and a bottle of bourbon the previous nite hehe) he agreed to see what it was like. after almost an hour of me drilling him on safety and how to correctly use them he fell in face first. he shot all three pistols i had out with me and both my rifles. his exact words after an awesome fun day: "why the hell are people so miffed? its all about being safe and correct...DAMN THATS FUN!"

the only way we can truely remove the tarnished rep guns have on most people, is pure and true exposure. I agree with what Kursac said...

Dom

I've never met someone who didn't have fun at the range! The tide is turning our way (looking at recent firearm sales), bring someone to the range every chance you get!

Back
Top Bottom