1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

"Stand your ground" on trial again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by endus, Feb 6, 2014.

1. endus

endus

http://www.modvive.com/2014/02/04/jordan-davis-murder-trial-reopens-stand-ground-wounds/

Who wants to be the first to rush to judgement on this one?

Seriously, though, I think these types of trials really have an impact on the average non-gun-owner's thoughts about self defense. The Zimmerman trial is definitely perceived as a shit show and the end result is that people have this impression that you can run around shooting people at will. It's entirely possible that the verdict was correct and the obviously-tweaked Zimmerman was legitimately within his rights, but the lack of evidence in the case just left way too many open questions and room for debate.

To put on my Republican hat for a moment, when I went looking for an article link there really weren't that many to choose from. I did hear about this on NPR this morning, but there's not a whole lot of coverage despite the article's mention that there have been a lot of press credentials issued for the trial. I have a feeling a lot of news outlets are waiting to see how the trial goes before starting to cover it...if it winds up being a story about the justice system working properly to punish someone who did not act in self defense I doubt it will get much coverage. If it winds up being a tale of a white guy shooting a black kid and getting off I'm sure it will be the next Big Deal case.

2. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

it'll be one to follow, and most likely, it'll be on TV everyday.

3. bullseye

bullseye

Grid 17S with bugout longterm shelter and great fi
    Crapstorm, the sequel. This is not nearly as cut and dry as the Zimmy trial. No weapon recovered but the critters were acting suspicious. The problem with this one is there are others from the other side that can fill in the blanks, this is where a KSG comes in handy!
    I give this thread 8 pages before its closed and a new one pops up.

4. Cowgirlup

Cowgirlup NES Member

This guys is probably going to jail unless they get one of those kids to say they had a gun.

First off he'll be paying the price for those that believe Z shouldn't have walked. And Z was clearly attacked regardless of what led up to it which led to the verdict being acquittal.

5. endus

endus

Yea, I think so too.

6. xtry51

xtry51

Fled the scene (good decision while being shot at), then drove back (to where they got shot at)??

Darwin Award winners in that car.

7. Pete85

Pete85

Wonder if that strip mall parking lot has any surveilance cameras that caught anything.