• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staking, penning or pressing a strut to a 1911 hammer..

What's your favorite method for attaching a strut to a 1911 hammer. I was thinking of staking it but the more I think of it penning it with a 4 ounce ball penn hammer seems little easier.

I saw no need to lock the strut pin to the hammer in any way on my 1911 Caspian Commander because the interior sides of the frame hold the pin in place once the hammer is installed. Then again this was my first 1911 build so I may be completely wrong.

I saw no need to lock the strut pin to the hammer in any way on my 1911 Caspian Commander because the interior sides of the frame hold the pin in place once the hammer is installed. Then again this was my first 1911 build so I may be completely wrong.

I have heard that it is possible for the pin to work itself out after the hammer has been installed. I use a staking punch on the pin. this expands it enough to hold it in the hammer.

Back
Top Bottom