• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

stainless rifle barrel/blue iron sights

I'm looking to put some iron sights on a stainless rifle barrel but haven't found any aftermarket stainless front bands.

something similar to this:
MasterpieceBanded.lrg.jpg

My question:
What is the best method for installing a front sight on a plain rifle barrel and still have it look good? Form does follow function but damn closely in my book. I do not have a problem with a blue front/rear sight on a stainless gun

Why not just get a blue gun to start with? Because the deal on the stainless may just be too good to pass up but I still want irons as an option.

I'm looking to put some iron sights on a stainless rifle barrel but haven't found any aftermarket stainless front bands.

something similar to this:
MasterpieceBanded.lrg.jpg

My question:
What is the best method for installing a front sight on a plain rifle barrel and still have it look good? Form does follow function but damn closely in my book. I do not have a problem with a blue front/rear sight on a stainless gun

Why not just get a blue gun to start with? Because the deal on the stainless may just be too good to pass up but I still want irons as an option.

Industrial Hard chrome is very similar to SS. Perhaps you could have a band plated?

I'm more interested in the procedure for attaching to the barrel - I've read where the in-the-white sight was attached to a blue barrel, soldered, then blued.

Would the solder be visible on a SS barrel? Is solder available that would be of similar color to either the blue or SS - the third color would look - awkward for lack of a better term.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind

Back
Top Bottom