Stag Model 2

Stag arms model 2. Anyone with any experience with this rifle? I own a few rifles already, but I finally want to indulge to an AR. With that said, anyone want a Lee Enfield MK III [smile]

-James

EDIT: Not really too interested in selling it :)

Last edited:
I have a Model 2T Left hander. I have had it about 2 months only have a few hundred rounds through it. No problems so far no FTFs, jams or need to force the bolt withthe FA. The main shooting I have done was to try different ammo, to see how it does with cheap steel stuff vs better quality brass. No specifics but it shot everything well. I have had a ton of stuff going on that has limitted my time at the range but with graduations and all the kids school stuff done I expect more time on the range. I should be getting a Fed Ex delivery with a bunch of toys for it Weds. I ordered mine directly from Stag and have an A2 stock on it. I can hear the buffer spring and don't know if that is normal or not. Has a little bit of a slinky sound. I bet if I put bore snake in the compartment it would quiet it down. Feels realy nice and looks very well put together. No slop or wiggles anywhere. I am pretty much of an AR noob but I am very happy with my decision. And it is nice not have brass flying across my filed of vision. Lefty.

Last edited:
Has a little bit of a slinky sound. I bet if I put bore snake in the compartment it would quiet it down. Feels realy nice and looks very well put together. No slop or wiggles anywhere. I am pretty much of an AR noob but I am very happy with my decision. And it is nice not have brass flying across my filed of vision. Lefty.

That "sproing" sound is normal. I have the same thing with my Stag. You can do various things to the buffer to quiet the sound or try to get rid of it all together but I don't see the point unless something is broken.

I've got one and love it. Eats anything I feed it (but I don't do steel cased), only one double feed and that was a new/old mag with a bum spring.

The slinky sound is normal.

Thanks Drum and Bob. I won't worry about the noise now that I know it is normal. I did not want to shoot the steel either but someone told me to give it a try and see how the rifle liked it. A funny thing I did notoce with the steel is that the ejected shells were ejecting the same distance but they were all going in the same spot. I was shooting 5 round sets and then picking up and the shells were landing witihn a couple inches of each other. The brass was feet apart. Not any valuable information but interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom