Stag is losing their FFL

Link here.

New Britain-based Stag Firearms LLC pleaded guilty Tuesday to violating federal firearms laws and as part of a plea agreement company president and owner Mark Malkowski agreed to sell the company and have no further ownership or management role in a gun manufacturer.

good guns...My AR15 is an A2 from them...I also am using the mouse pad that came with the rifle...lol

Too bad....

They're going to sell it and someone else will have their name in the FFL.

Hell, Red Jacket went through a few different people on their FFL even before the owner was found to be a diaper sniper.

Last edited:
I personally don't know when the S/N has to go on the lower as long as it leaves the factory with one and is entered into the disposition record. Maybe they failed to get "blocks" of numbers before making the lowers. Jack

Tadeusz Malkowski, the federal firearms licensee for the Stag facility where the unserialized parts were found, told ATF inspectors that the receivers had been on the premises between seven and 30 days because the employee who serialized the receivers was on vacation, according to the filing.

The company, with Malkowski serving as its representative, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Hartford to a single felony count of possession of a machine gun not registered to the company.

Machine gun?

Were these BS charges or were they legitimately trying to pull a fast one somewhere? Is my Stag stuff illegal now? [wink]

Unless these were built under a military contract (and specifically built for auto fire capabilities) I can't see how these lowers were classified as a machine gun

This was my exact first though as well.

And I'm not sure I need to point out the irony of the government literally destroying your personal livelyhood over products that you are making for the government, only to be potentially used to arrest you.

Unless these were built under a military contract (and specifically built for auto fire capabilities) I can't see how these lowers were classified as a machine gun
If the hole for the autosear is drilled, the BATFE will consider it a machine gun.

No, I do not know if the hole was drilled in the received in question.

I'm pretty sure a full auto AR lower and a semi auto lower have some differences in the way they are machined.

But I'd have to go look it up again to verify that to be fact.

I can, all you need to do is have the third hole drilled out and have the right parts in there. Maybe they were building up engineering samples and whoever was in charge of that didn't bother to register them....

-Mike

I can, all you need to do is have the third hole drilled out and have the right parts in there. Maybe they were building up engineering samples and whoever was in charge of that didn't bother to register them....

-Mike

Oh, I know. Just like with AKs, that third hole is evil and will get you a free stay at Club Fed. My question should have been what the hell were they doing with 65 evil lowers?

Other than the hole, what is there to mill? Unless the lower they started out with had a colt-style shelf in it.

-Mike

nfa-ar-m16-01.jpg

Not mine sadly. Wish I could afford one and the ammo to feed it!

Other than the hole, what is there to mill? Unless the lower they started out with had a colt-style shelf in it.

-Mike

The pocket needs to be milled out a bit to fit the FA trigger group. At least for the 3-round burst triggers anyway, not sure about the real FA ones.

Back
Top Bottom