Stag Arms leaving CT.

Just saw on Stag Arm's Facebook page that they have been talking to Rick Perry for quite some time at the NRA show today. Hinting that they will be relocating. Hope something will come of it - especially since the lower I built says Stag on the side.

Just saw on Stag Arm's Facebook page that they have been talking to Rick Perry for quite some time at the NRA show today. Hinting that they will be relocating. Hope something will come of it - especially since the lower I built says Stag on the side.

I hope they go. And I hope colt, mossberg, ruger, et al follow.

I agree.. but when we really step back and look at this .... think about all the good people that will be hurt... all the family's not only directly but indirectly from satelite companys subbing work... This moron of a governor and other policticians need to be voted out of office and good common folk need to step up and make this right...!

I agree.. but when we really step back and look at this .... think about all the good people that will be hurt... all the family's not only directly but indirectly from satelite companys subbing work... This moron of a governor and other policticians need to be voted out of office and good common folk need to step up and make this right...!

Elections have consequences.

Well, moving a manufacturing facility can be pretty complicated. Gotta find a new place to go, make arrangements, set up the new facility, etc.... all while still trying to keep production going... it can take months. So even if they wanted to move quickly I doubt Stag could move before the fall.

As for Remington, that's a completely different story... this may already be covered here but Remington is a subsidiary of Freedom Group which is based in North Carolina... the executives of Remington cant do a thing without the approval of their owners.. whether they want to move or not.

The beautiful thing is when the realization hits the taxpayers that CT just lost a bunch of jobs and tax revenues as a result of the liberal stupidity, you might see some of those "guns are bad" politicians being shown the door. I guess we can hope, anyways.

Elections have consequences.

Connecticut is lost. How much clearer does it have to be before the more intelligent citizens realize that the pendulum has swung left and continues to head left for the long-haul future. There will be no conservative resurgence. The will be no grabbing back the reins of power. We are beaten here for God-knows-why there aren't enough of us to even stand together to keep warm on a cool spring evening. So, we are leaving. As soon as we can. We have been driven out by historically high taxes, an unknown financial future of our state government, and the most heinous, liberal and anti-gun laws in the USA. We simply won't stay here. Remember, this governor is challenging the entire gun industry to leave this tiny state of 3 million people. I guess we don't need the revenue nor the jobs. He's out of control, an Obama minion and will continue to drive this state into poverty and state/federal government reliance. So much for the 'land of steady habits".

We will be spending our entire four weeks of vacation searching properties elsewhere. So much for fun in the sun.

Rome

I would bet there are a good amount, if not a majority, of them that voted this for themselves.

Connecticut is lost.

Its only temporary.

What we need is an acelleration of the exodus from liberal crap holes to pro liberty states.

Once the productive hard working people are eclipsed by the welfare drones, the state will collapse.

There's no painless way around this.

Look at it this way....as it stands you're completely and utterly politically disenfranchised......you're a host with a 1000 lb tick on your back (Liberals in power) and the longer you stay in Ct the longer the liberals remain in control.

Gov. Malloy, nor any of the boneheads that voted to pass their new gun laws, will ever admit that losing tax revenue or satellite jobs associated with the gun manufacturers, is hurting the state. That would be any admission that they made a mistake, and pols almost never do that. They certainly won't do it when it pertains to gun laws.

Can't wait to see what eventually comes to light here in good old MA in terms of new gun laws. Let's hope our pols realize we are already screwed here as gun owners (I know, try not to laugh). Linsky's bill is even worse than Patrick's. Storing large cap firearms at 'storage facilities'? Really? Hmm, those won't be targeted by thieves. Not to mention, who the f**k wants to drive to who knows where just to pick up their guns, then drive to the range to use them, then drive back to the 'storage facility' to put them back. Sigh.

. . .Not to mention, who the f**k wants to drive to who knows where just to pick up their guns, then drive to the range to use them, then drive back to the 'storage facility' to put them back. Sigh.

Ah, but that's the point! They are not making it illegal, just so absurdly inconvenient that is almost as good as illegal. Plus, there is the added bonus of knowing you are getting someone to jump through hoops. There is nothing oh so good as feeling that you are humiliating someone. [puke] Sorry, I'm getting sick just pondering the mindset of the folks who propose this stuff.

-Gary

Connecticut is lost. How much clearer does it have to be before the more intelligent citizens realize that the pendulum has swung left and continues to head left for the long-haul future. There will be no conservative resurgence. The will be no grabbing back the reins of power. We are beaten here for God-knows-why there aren't enough of us to even stand together to keep warm on a cool spring evening. So, we are leaving. As soon as we can. We have been driven out by historically high taxes, an unknown financial future of our state government, and the most heinous, liberal and anti-gun laws in the USA. We simply won't stay here. Remember, this governor is challenging the entire gun industry to leave this tiny state of 3 million people. I guess we don't need the revenue nor the jobs. He's out of control, an Obama minion and will continue to drive this state into poverty and state/federal government reliance. So much for the 'land of steady habits".

We will be spending our entire four weeks of vacation searching properties elsewhere. So much for fun in the sun.

Rome

Im with you. Im in north eastern ct, and cannot wait to leave. Main reason, cant find a job. Graduated uconn 4 years go; not one interview for a job. CT led the way in job loses last month, -5700. Cali added 41k jobs; even RI gained jobs. Hoping for a job in MA (I know, but their employment rate is ~6%), and live in NH.

Gov. Malloy, nor any of the boneheads that voted to pass their new gun laws, will ever admit that losing tax revenue or satellite jobs associated with the gun manufacturers, is hurting the state. That would be any admission that they made a mistake, and pols almost never do that. They certainly won't do it when it pertains to gun laws.

Can't wait to see what eventually comes to light here in good old MA in terms of new gun laws. Let's hope our pols realize we are already screwed here as gun owners (I know, try not to laugh). Linsky's bill is even worse than Patrick's. Storing large cap firearms at 'storage facilities'? Really? Hmm, those won't be targeted by thieves. Not to mention, who the f**k wants to drive to who knows where just to pick up their guns, then drive to the range to use them, then drive back to the 'storage facility' to put them back. Sigh.

Good luck making people comply.

No to mention that the storage facility will only be open from 2 PM to 3 PM every other Thursday on months with less than 5 letters that begin with Q

where are the larger companies joining the boycotts? With the exception of Barrett how many of these large companies have made any attempt to boycott these Totalitarian states? Everything they have done is about the all mighty dollar, they dont give 2 ***** whether or not our 2A rights are intact.
Barrett sells direct, afaik, while the others sell through distributors. They have no say as to whom will end up buying their product, and no control wether or not LEO from tyrant states purchase their stuff.

I think it has probably been on the drawing table for a long time to compete with the 15-22. I still don't think they will move though.

I'd copy and paste from facebook, but I can't get it on my office computer. But to paraphrase from Stag:

Stag just made new CT compliant rifles, and is continuing it's campaign to get the laws reapealed. Last week Stag talked to Perry about moving to Texas at the NRA show, but are "still evaluating" the idea due to the cost involved and other "variables".

Sounds like a cop out to me.

I'd copy and paste from facebook, but I can't get it on my office computer.

Sounds like a cop out to me.

They're still sitting on the fence, it appears.

Hartford Courant - Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That Might Be Legal In Connecticut

num1i.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a guy that has the nut and the resolution to think the problem through before he makes any real moves. But some would like him to0 act on emotion just like the masses and politicians have since SH... which way do you want it... he has a responsibility to his faMILY, TO HIS EMPLOYEES AND I'M SURE TO MANY LOCAL SATELITE COMPANIES... but guess you don't have to worry about that.. it's just so simple to move a gun company out of Ct...

Maybe you should start by reading the "Original Post" that started this thread.

Maybe you should finish with reading the rest of the interview...

Malkowski said he's received many emails from customers "fed up with Connecticut."

"They urged us to pick up and leave," he said.

Malkowski said he spoke Tuesday with Texas economic development officials trying to lure the company, which was founded in 2003 and employs more than 200 employees.

"It's something we'll strongly consider," he said, adding that leaving Connecticut would be difficult. "If you're a lawyer with a laptop, that's one thing," he said. "It's not something we're going to do easily."

Jonathan Scalise, owner of Ammunition Storage Components, also of New Britain, said he's received offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Texas. He said he will carefully evaluate the impact of a move on his business and its 150 employees.

"I have a very serious commitment to my employees, which is more than they got from their state legislators," he said.

Malkowski and Scalise said they will meet with members of Connecticut's congressional delegation next Tuesday and Wednesday to counter lobbying from gun control advocates.

An agreement between two conservative senators — Democrat Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Republican Patrick Toomey of Pennsylvania — was expected to make it likelier that the Senate's initial vote Thursday to begin debating gun legislation will succeed. But the fate of gun legislation remains unclear, clouded by opposition from many Republicans and moderate Democrats in the Democratic-led Senate and Republican-run House.

"I have a duty to make sure they hear something from our side," Malkowski said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lares-intention-to-leave-state/#ixzz2SzOp9YDM

Rome

Give it time. Remember, a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged. These people are about to be mugged and then some. They might have to leave the state to survive once their jobs are gone.

I have nothing in this but maybe some friends directly effected by losing Stag. My main reason for responding here is simply, I don't agree with taking shots at a businessman who is obviously taking a step back and looking over the whole picture before making a move that affects the lives of many good people around him... He, like many of us has responded on emotion and has now stepped back.

Back
Top Bottom