Stag Arms leaving CT.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Good for them

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. – A Connecticut gun-maker announced on Wednesday it intends to leave the state, just six days after passage of restrictive gun control legislation, while two other manufacturers said they are considering relocation offers from other states.
Manufacturers also plan to lobby the state's congressional delegation next week "to make sure they hear from our side," said Mark Malkowski, president of Stag Arms in New Britain.
Bristol-based PTR said in a statement posted on its website that it has not decided where it will move, but has commitments from most employees to relocate. The company makes military-style rifles and employs more than 40 people. PTR Vice President John McNamara said the company expects to make a more formal announcement about a move within six weeks.

Read more: Connecticut gun-maker to leave state over new laws | Fox News

im guessing money will talk.....is mikes dad leaving also (owner of CMT) thats where mike gets his parts?

the smaller companies seem to have more integrity then the larger ones with the exception of hopefully Beretta

They also don't have the pull or get the offers the large companies do. It's not all about pure integrity. I'm sure the logistics of moving Remington are just a bit more involved than moving the 40 person Stag operation.
While I still applaud the small companies sending a message, I'm not quite as quick to attribute to a higher moral standard since its generally a lot easier for a small company to relocate than a large one.

They also don't have the pull or get the offers the large companies do. It's not all about pure integrity. I'm sure the logistics of moving Remington are just a bit more involved than moving the 40 person Stag operation.
While I still applaud the small companies sending a message, I'm not quite as quick to attribute to a higher moral standard since its generally a lot easier for a small company to relocate than a large one.
Oh yeah? try it sometime.

Did I miss something in the article, or is it that PTR announced they are leaving and Stag is only considering? I love Stag, but I home they leave CT and set up shop in a more 2A-friendly state - and poke Gov Malloy in the eye on the way out. If I were a betting man, I would bet Stag stays.

Did I miss something in the article, or is it that PTR announced they are leaving and Stag is only considering? I love Stag, but I home they leave CT and set up shop in a more 2A-friendly state - and poke Gov Malloy in the eye on the way out. If I were a betting man, I would bet Stag stays.

You have it backwards. Stag is leaving and PTR is considering.

The smaller ones are likely privately owned companies too. They have to answer only to themselves, unlike the larger ones that need to answer to shareholders where the bottom line is, well,,,, the bottom line.

These politicians dont have a clue of the damage they have cause to Connecticut's economy...
These 7 gun mills give the state 120 million in taxes and employ 7500 jobs...
now with 1 billion in the hole. they will raise taxes and the Connecticut resident will suffer. These taxes will do nothing to help the economy and just put a burden to the populace and businesses..
What a bunch of moronic idiots in the state government We have they do not know what they have done until its to late because these laws will be overturned in time. These jobs will be gone forever..

These politicians dont have a clue of the damage they have cause to Connecticut's economy...
These 7 gun mills give the state 120 million in taxes and employ 7500 jobs...
now with 1 billion in the hole. they will raise taxes and the Connecticut resident will suffer. These taxes will do nothing to help the economy and just put a burden to the populace and businesses..
What a bunch of moronic idiots in the state government We have they do not know what they have done until its to late because these laws will be overturned in time. These jobs will be gone forever..

Don't forget the 25 mil they set aside (but don't have) to arrest people who violate the new law...

The smaller ones are likely privately owned companies too. They have to answer only to themselves, unlike the larger ones that need to answer to shareholders where the bottom line is, well,,,, the bottom line.

Yes, but if the state passed laws that negatively impact your business then the decision should be easy especially when other states are throwing money at you to move. No brainer.

According to the Hartford Courant, PTR is leaving CT and plan to be gone by the end of the year. Stag Arms has NOT made a statement that they are leaving CT. Given that it has been all of a week since my idiot governor signed the bill, it isn't realistic to expect Stag, Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, etc to say they are moving or not, although I expect that has been a discussion each company has been having internally.

According to the Hartford Courant, PTR is leaving CT and plan to be gone by the end of the year. Stag Arms has NOT made a statement that they are leaving CT. Given that it has been all of a week since my idiot governor signed the bill, it isn't realistic to expect Stag, Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, etc to say they are moving or not, although I expect that has been a discussion each company has been having internally.
With all due respect do you think if i was the owner of a company and pay millions of dollars in taxes and the state doesnt support my business I am going to stay???
Believe me all these gun mills will leave some other state will give them land and maybe a state tax deduction of what they are paying in CT

They don't have to move 100% tomorrow, they can move division by division. They would also get major funding, road improvements etc. from another state to relocate there.

Also, Remington isn't just staying in NY, THEY ARE EXPANDING. As far as Remington, they can FOAD. I don't own their crap now and I will not own their crap. I'll bad mouth them to everyone too and try to lose them as many sales as possible.

They just don't care. They rush to pander for votes while trampling people's rights and destroying jobs. Will those soon to be unemployed voters still vote for these douches? It is the northeast after all.

Much of the douche voting is coming from those that are already voluntarily unemployed. [wink]

With all due respect do you think if i was the owner of a company and pay millions of dollars in taxes and the state doesnt support my business I am going to stay???
Believe me all these gun mills will leave some other state will give them land and maybe a state tax deduction of what they are paying in CT
I think they are going to leave, I merely think a week after the bill was signed is too early to expect these companies to make a statement publicly. If I had to guess, I think either Ruger or Stag will be the next to say they are leaving.

I'm sure the logistics of moving Remington are just a bit more involved than moving the 40 person Stag operation.

Plus the union is going to want to have a chat with Remington management about severance, relocation, the plant closing law, etc.

where are the larger companies joining the boycotts? With the exception of Barrett how many of these large companies have made any attempt to boycott these Totalitarian states? Everything they have done is about the all mighty dollar, they dont give 2 ***** whether or not our 2A rights are intact.

Plus the union is going to want to have a chat with Remington management about severance, relocation, the plant closing law, etc.

Exactly. In short, these bigger companies do not exist to make guns. They exist to make MONEY. The decision to move or not is based purely on whether or not they make more money by moving.

Back
Top Bottom