• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stack on safe feedback

As i wait for my ltc i figured i would buy a safe. I went to BJs and got a Stack On safe model ps 1508. It is a key and combination safe. It isnt a top of the line safe and i realize that. Wanted something sufficient to get me started and to keep away from the little ones.

Anyone have any quick reviews about this model or any other stack on safes? Amazon reviews were good and it was on sale for $60

For $60 I assume it is a lockable cabinet not a safe? I have one for my long guns, it does what its supposed to do but once we close on a new home Ill be upgrading to a real safe.

I have a smaller 1 in a bedside draw for my ccw and it does a good job on staying locked until i punch in my code. They can easily be broken into in a matter of 2 mins but its good for just that

I have a stack on safe for my rifles nothing fancy but it works. Quite frankly you could probably open the side with an old style can opener but the law says lockable container not what it has to be made of.

Cabinets are different than safes. Understand that for starters

Keep the second key and a copy of the combo somewhere that you can find later. It took me 3 years to remember where I put the spares, found them during a move.

Log the serial and register for warranty. Stack-on customer service was great but you need a few things, the serial is one of them

My cabinet is modest, the safe was free and I'm happy with both

I have a stack-on metal cabinet I use for my ammo container, and a Stack-on non fire rated safe I bought from Home Depot as my gun locker, None of the sides are accessible so I feel safe, all in a locked closet.In the safe all my long guns have cable locks and all the pistols except my daily carry pistol have cable locks I damn well hope I'm covered by Mass's convoluted storage laws. I like all the Stack- On products for what they are and what I paid for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom