• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stack on cabinet and hand guns.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
jubujysy.jpg

So this is my safe.
How do you guys store your hand guns in these?
I only got two and I'm stuck placing them on the floor .

Any one do it different ?

I have a small pistol rack mounted on the door of my 18 gun convertible stack-on cabinet. I'm pretty sure I bought it on amazon, but they have a website; www.rackems.com

Installed with a couple self tapping screws. It's been installed for about a year now, still holding strong.
photo_1.JPG photo_3.JPG

Have similar setup, but I put my shelves on the left.

Ben, doesn't look like you are using any shelves. [thinking]

Thanks for the link! Definitely going to check that out. Pistols are multiplying.

I have a small pistol rack mounted on the door of my 18 gun convertible stack-on cabinet. I'm pretty sure I bought it on amazon, but they have a website; www.rackems.com

Installed with a couple self tapping screws. It's been installed for about a year now, still holding strong.
View attachment 89226 View attachment 89227

I wrap harbor freight mag strips for holding tools in duct tape and use self tapping screws in strategic places. Will post pics later.

I have the same Stack-On cabinet and I'm using it pretty much the same fashion as OP. Only difference is I've mounted foam along the interior where the barrels rest to keep them from scratching against the bare metal. It seems to be designed for long guns with barrels +22in, so for me there's quite a bit of wasted space. As for the shelf, since it doesn't sit flush with the rear of the cabinet small items can fall through the gap. For what I paid ($80) it's more than adequate.

IMAG1049_zpsfz4n8wcm.jpg

Last edited:
It seems to be designed for long guns with barrels +22in

I almost forgot.....I noticed the same thing when I purchased my stack-on cabinet, so before securing it in it's final location, I mounted another set of rifle rests below the stock ones. I did some rough measuring and drilled two holes in the rear of the cabinet. I had an extra set of rests because of the way I decided to set up my shelves. See the pic below.

photo_2.JPG

I have a similar setup as the OP, I put the rifle rests all around the cabinet at the pre-drilled locations. The top shelf with a hacked together home made pistol rack (probably going to be replaced soon). I keep one or two magazines with each pistol, the extra magazines going into a separate storage area.

For the 16-20" barrels, I made PVC tubes with a PVC T Joint at the top. These allow the rifle to use the existing rest and still be quickly removable. If you want to protect the barrel a bit, you can use something to wrap around the barrel or some felt to line the PVC. So far, it hasn't marred any of the barrels I'm using it on.

I've got 15 of the 18 rifle spots filled. If I moved the ARs to the middle, I could probably get that up to 16.

As for the pistol rack, this is the plan I used but I used softwood, so the ends of the fingers popped off when I was trying to smooth it out.

View attachment 89226 View attachment 89227
Very neat and organized. I like the lower holders you put in for the ARs as well.

Back
Top Bottom