Stack-on 14 gun cabinet sale

Dicks sells these for $149. They are being discontinued and are on special for $135. Then they are 20% off and there is a coupon in the flyer for $20 off on purchases over $100. Coupon good today and Monday. No more at North Attleboro. Final cost was $88. [thumbsup] I know they are not really secure and Dick's sucks but it is a great deal. Now find yours.

I feel like I should know this but does this meet MA storage requirements? In other words, if I put firearms in one of these with no trigger or other locks on said firearms, would I be in compliance with the MA storage law?

I know it’s California compliant and they have certain standards. I don’t think MA has any specific requirements besides being locked.

I feel like I should know this but does this meet MA storage requirements? In other words, if I put firearms in one of these with no trigger or other locks on said firearms, would I be in compliance with the MA storage law?

I'd be interested in this answer too. I currently keep my rifles with trigger and magazine locks, my pistols with a lock on the box so it can't be opened, and my shotguns disassembled. There's also three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I have one.
They should be sued.
14 is stretching it immensely if they mean rifles.
7. If you are lucky, unless you want them banging together.
14 10/22's without scopes maybe.

You could do 7 on the bottom, and a 7 pistol rack on top. Maybe.

It is decent tho. Does what it's supposed to do. Good for MA requirements.

This cabinet was my first "safe" when I first got into the hobby. I've since outgrown it, and now it makes a better ammo locker than it ever did a "safe". It is far from impenetrable and I once opened mine with just a pair of groove joint pliers when the key would not work. Stuff had fallen inside and jammed the latch so it wasn't the key's fault. But it will meet MA requirements and keep kids and others from casually getting into stuff that they shouldn't.

As said above, you'd have to be creative to ever get 14 guns into it. But this is the case with just about any gun "safe" out there. A good rule of thumb is to at least cut the capacity in half.

Agreed with those who commented on space. I recently received my safe with “room” for 15 long guns. 4 of my carbines have optics, and my .30-06 has a big scope on it too. It would be really challenging to add another rifle in there.

Of my 3 shotguns, 2 are short enough they can be with the rifles noted above, and the other is just outside the shelving area. So my “15 gun configuration” isn’t going to have more than the 8-10 that are in there. I have no idea where I’m going to put a current build project as well.

Every article I read when I was looking at safes said to think about what you have/need and go to the next size up. I kick myself daily for not doing that. I’m actually considering ordering another safe just for the overflow, ammo, other sensitive stuff.

+EDIT+ Pics included for a reference point (door organizer is amazing):

780CD3AB-F346-4FB0-9B2C-5040736A1A0F.jpeg

02C6E726-FD17-428C-9CF3-26D46D1E8E27.jpeg

Last edited:
Does it come with carpeted interior? Or that cool carpet shelving thing that looks like a cat tree? If not, how much do those go for?

It was an option. I don’t recall it being that much. Safe is from Zanotti and well worth the wait time. They’re averaging 5-6 weeks from order to delivery, but I find it to be a quality, well-built residential case. The only knock on it, which I knew going in, was that it’s not fire rated.

There are various configurations they offer on their sight.

I outgrew mine and use it for ammo and pistols.

For those without door organizers in their safe(s) Next time Harbor Freight has the magnetic strips for free with a coupon go get you some and mount them to the door. I use them to hold magazines, knives etc.

As far as gun cabinets, no safe is impenetrable- especially a retail safe, but non fire rated cabinets are kinda a joke. Ammo i guess they are ok but they aren't gonna hold up to fire, do you really want to fill one with $5000 in uninsurable ammo? And if its just a little ammo who cares, put it on a shelf. And never buy from dicks, never give them a cent.

As far as space requirements, nothing wrong with owning more than one. I keep mine on 2nd floor - these I bolt down together but can move up stairs, and its 4x as hard to bust into them than just one. I organize whats in them by height, set the shelves above to match. Is really sweet I think, almost time for another :) - nothing fancy but they hold 6 ARs with optics easy, 8 max in a pinch, and run $300 to $380 depending on what sales are happening at the time. 20190626_014905.jpg

Last edited:
A big thanks to the last few posters who bumped this far enough so that I saw it this morning at 5. I’m still somewhat new to the hobby/lifestyle and was using what my mother had bought me to store my .22, 20 years ago. This Stack-on was the perfect next step for me. I drove 30 minutes to Tractor Supply in Millis to purchase the second to last one at $99! Grabbed a couple of cheap-o, thin entry mats at Ocean State down the road and some 3M spray adhesive to line it. Only gripe is that the shelf doesn’t extend all the way to the back of the cabinet. I will inevitably push crap off of it. It was also extremely tight fitting after putting the lining in, but that’s my fault. I know it’s not fire proof nor does it afford any real security if someone really wants in, but safes and locks are for honest people, right? Have a 19” motion activated LED already on the way. Perfect day off project. Many thanks!
D1D044A9-6D92-4511-8888-B6D6F2B50829.jpeg

Agreed with those who commented on space. I recently received my safe with “room” for 15 long guns. 4 of my carbines have optics, and my .30-06 has a big scope on it too. It would be really challenging to add another rifle in there.

Of my 3 shotguns, 2 are short enough they can be with the rifles noted above, and the other is just outside the shelving area. So my “15 gun configuration” isn’t going to have more than the 8-10 that are in there. I have no idea where I’m going to put a current build project as well.

Every article I read when I was looking at safes said to think about what you have/need and go to the next size up. I kick myself daily for not doing that. I’m actually considering ordering another safe just for the overflow, ammo, other sensitive stuff.

+EDIT+ Pics included for a reference point (door organizer is amazing):

What are those rods in all the rifle barrels?

Having done research on just that this morning, I can confidently say they are barrel rods. They velcro to the underside of a shelf or the top of the cabinet to hold the firearms up without the use of traditional barrel rests. Notice the AR in the back left stuck to the underside of the small shelf. Seems like a decent system to stack them up beyond the use of the perimeter of a safe.
Gun Storage Solutions Pack of 10 Rifle Rods Starter Kit with Loop Fabric (15 x 19-Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00570T3R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9V-eDbA26YXCG

Zanotti calls them Rifle Rods. Because the shelving is carpeted on both sides, one end of the rod goes into the barrel, and the other end has a Velcro cap that affixes to the bottom of the shelf. The part of the rod below the Velcro cap is 14-16” in my best guesstimate. I’m sure the Zanotti site has the actual length.

Without a doubt, my X-Bolt is the heaviest gun in there, so with it rested lightly against the back (to not move the scope), the rod has kept it in place. I think it’s a kinda cool thought, and they were very cheap.

Having done research on just that this morning, I can confidently say they are barrel rods. They velcro to the underside of a shelf or the top of the cabinet to hold the firearms up without the use of traditional barrel rests. Notice the AR in the back left stuck to the underside of the small shelf. Seems like a decent system to stack them up beyond the use of the perimeter of a safe.
Gun Storage Solutions Pack of 10 Rifle Rods Starter Kit with Loop Fabric (15 x 19-Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00570T3R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9V-eDbA26YXCG

The AR is not stuck. It’s a pre-94 so I put the stock at it’s lowest position so it can attach to the lip of the cutout instead of going straight up to the main shelf. My other pre-94s are in there the same way.

The AR is not stuck. It’s a pre-94 so I put the stock at it’s lowest position so it can attach to the lip of the cutout instead of going straight up to the main shelf. My other pre-94s are in there the same way.

I only meant stuck in the sense of having a rifle rod attached to the shelf/lip. Unless I’m mistaken of course.

A big thanks to the last few posters who bumped this far enough so that I saw it this morning at 5. I’m still somewhat new to the hobby/lifestyle and was using what my mother had bought me to store my .22, 20 years ago. This Stack-on was the perfect next step for me. I drove 30 minutes to Tractor Supply in Millis to purchase the second to last one at $99! Grabbed a couple of cheap-o, thin entry mats at Ocean State down the road and some 3M spray adhesive to line it. Only gripe is that the shelf doesn’t extend all the way to the back of the cabinet. I will inevitably push crap off of it. It was also extremely tight fitting after putting the lining in, but that’s my fault. I know it’s not fire proof nor does it afford any real security if someone really wants in, but safes and locks are for honest people, right? Have a 19” motion activated LED already on the way. Perfect day off project. Many thanks!
View attachment 290664

It's a "feature" that the shelf doesn't go all the way back, and I was confused too when I first got mine because things would fall off the back. And then I got a large locking file cabinet (okay, a couple) for ammo instead and didn't have the problem anymore. And then I got something long enough that I realized the opening in the back is so that a long gun can fit behind and up there, out of the way. It's perfect for long shotguns.

So this is what I did. Home Depot gray carpet, spray adhesive, brackets bolted through back wall, shelf brackets, white laminated shelving (cut to size and carpeted) and good to go. Shelves are full depth front to back. Heavy duty brackets and arms. Oh yeah, bought cabinet from Tractor Supply for $100 on sale. Only store bulitz and the stuff in it!! Things that make bulitz go boom stored elsewhere. Total investment around $200.

upload_2019-6-27_19-43-14.jpeg

upload_2019-6-27_19-42-28.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom