• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato C2 or P?

Which Staccato 2011 to get/carry/range use?

• C2 (aluminum frame)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • P (aluminum frame)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P (steel frame)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Flatec™ Patent pending.
Staccato not only reduces felt recoil, they harness it and channel back into the platform. It is a revolutionary design with the polymer grip

Let Tony guide you through the benefits of Flatec™. You too will be convinced that a polymer grip is the path to recoil enlightenment and every high end maker of 2011 have strayed down the path of darkness with their metal grips. Do not be concerned whatsoever about the fact the every STI metal grip ever made, cracked. That was the devils work.

View: https://youtu.be/Pmct-cak810?t=60

Seems like snake oil…

@Supermoto I'm already planning to get one of the new Staccato pistols. Watching that vid didn't "sell me" on them, just explained some (more) of the engineering going into it. I fully plan to keep the pistol as it arrives at least for a while (year or more). Well, other than mounting the dot I want to use with it.

My decision difficulty is with WHICH of the two (P or C2) I should get. Or, get first. Yeah, I'll probably end up getting both at some point. I'm trying to get answers around the grip size of the C2 to determine how well it will fit in my hand. I don't have big/fat hands, so it wouldn't take much to work. If I don't get a reply from Staccato by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to reach out to them again. Maybe see if I can give them a call. They're getting my money either way. I just want to be sure that my FIRST pistol (from them) will fulfill my expectations. High chance it will, but a bit more info is all it will take to put those concerns to bed.

I also want to know the expected round count of their aluminum frames. Are we talking 10k rounds? 50k rounds? 100k rounds? Is that considered a "normal wear" item, or covered under their warranty? Not that I expect to put 100k rounds through it, but if it is as I expect, I'll be shootin it more than a bit.

Yeah, I was kinda being a douche about Staccato. Here are my thoughts on the guns, having not shot either by having owned around 10 2011s

If this is going to be a CCW that you actually plan to carry a lot, and practice CCW drills with it. Go with the C2.

The C2 has a smaller grip, but not by that much. I have found for me, the big and wider the grip, the faster and more accurate I am with a gun to about 7-10 yards. Caliber, sighting system, barrel length didn't matter. Only how well I could control the gun thru the grip matters. So if I found the C2 grip too small, I could you with the fullsize grip.

Now if you want to do a lot of shooting 12-25+yards. the P (steel) will be more settled and easier, smoother to shoot. So if I was going to get a range gun with the occasional BBQ, look at what I am carrying gun, then it would be the P.

I would not want an AL frame on a gun I was planning on putting a lot of rounds thru.

Last edited:
@Supermoto At this point I'm thinking of occasionally carrying the pistol. Mostly because that's about as often as I carry anyway. I've carried the DE1911C before without issue (smaller than my other 1911 carry option). Things might change once I've moved again, but that's some time from now.

I like the idea of the toolless takedown option for the P (guide rod). I suppose that IF I end up carrying more often, I could always pick up the C2 model at that time.

I believe the aluminum alloy they use for those frames is 7075, but don't have full confirmation on that just yet. Which means they COULD hold up to a lot of rounds.

Hopefully, I'll get some better info when I call Staccato tomorrow (provided someone is available to talk).

I suspect that once I get the Staccato, my definition will be closer to his too. I have the setup to reload already (for the caliber) so it's just a matter of getting things going there. Or I can start purchasing rounds by the barrel. :D

@Supermoto At this point I'm thinking of occasionally carrying the pistol. Mostly because that's about as often as I carry anyway. I've carried the DE1911C before without issue (smaller than my other 1911 carry option). Things might change once I've moved again, but that's some time from now.

I like the idea of the toolless takedown option for the P (guide rod). I suppose that IF I end up carrying more often, I could always pick up the C2 model at that time.

I believe the aluminum alloy they use for those frames is 7075, but don't have full confirmation on that just yet. Which means they COULD hold up to a lot of rounds.

Hopefully, I'll get some better info when I call Staccato tomorrow (provided someone is available to talk).

If the gun is fitted correctly and being 9mm, then AL vs steel should not be that big of a deal.
I never used a tool-less GR, so I don't have an opinion either way

Sounds like you are leaning to the P. I think if you're going to occasionally carry, but put a lot of rounds thru it, then this is the way to go. It's a good barrel length for a slide that hasn't been cut into a lot

Last edited:
Had a good conversation with a person at Staccato this afternoon. Looks like I'll be getting the P model with the steel frame. With the time frame for getting out the P, normally, I'll probably use the 'fast track' option to get it in time. Also going to see about getting the FFL I want to use added to their system for receiving orders (not a stocking dealership).

I'll get the steel frame (DLC) as well as the DLC treated barrel.

There are three shops in NH that are listed as in their FFL network currently. Going to see if the closest has any of the model in stock, or not. Just got off the phone with the closest one. There's a couple people that work there that have the C2 model. I'm thinking of shooting up there over the weekend to pick their brains and maybe handle one of the C2's. If nothing else it will tell me how it feels in the hand. If the shop has a reasonable transfer fee, I might just get it sent to them.

Been thinking about this more since the weekend. Seriously considering getting both a C2 and P model now. I'd set up the P with the threaded barrel so that it could use a suppressor later. The C2 would have the non-threaded barrel (DLC coated). Need to reach out to the shop I visited over the weekend to find out if they have the optic plates available (don't recall if I saw them on the wall or not). As well as a couple of other items. That way I won't need to put those on the order from Staccato.

Good thing I'm set to receive a decent tax refund this year.

get an XL too if you`re on the train. :)
Not in a place where I can order THREE Staccato's at one time. I really want one to carry, but also want something that will be fun to shoot at the range.

I keep flipping between both and just the P. With going to the threaded P barrel, that makes it 5". Thinking that the C2 would be easier to carry at that point (drawing from the holster). I plan to get suppressors over the coming years, so getting the pistol ready from the start makes sense. Especially since it doesn't add much to the price at initial purchase. It's a good deal more if you want them to change it out later.

I don't think it would be an issue to sell off one of them if I find I really don't want to keep it. With how these are pretty hard to get in stores currently and all that.

and that will be an xc or xl.
Not looking to drop the extra ~$2k at this time... Also not 100% sure about going with the threaded barrel on the P. Especially since I haven't even started the process for a NFA trust.

I'm going to try to make a decision on what to order by either the end of the week, or at least end of the weekend.

My biggest concern with the C2 was the actual grip length (for hand fitment). I resolved that concern last weekend.

Online - don’t think so, but they have dealers around.
Three in NH. The one in Merrimack has zero in stock as of Saturday. IIRC, they have a list of people wanting them as they come in. So they're basically sold as soon as they show up (if you don't order direct from Staccato). I'll be ordering direct so that I don't need to fight others to get one.

Leaning back to just getting the P again. Helps that I've located some holster makers that have models that will work with either of the two pistol lights I have (from Olight). Giving more thought to how much I would actually put a can onto this pistol once I have one. Worst case, I could always get Staccato to fit a threaded barrel to it later (will cost more than doing it now, but then I'd have both barrel types). Need to call Staccato to see if I could get that from the start. Have two barrel sets so that I could just swap as I want.

I would just get a threaded barrel if you plan to ever put a can on it. Or throw a baby comp on it if you don't
That's been on my mind too.

Planning to call them again this week to find out if the slide serrations option would add more time or not. Plus what else it does to how the pistol functions. Since it's removing more material from the slide. If it's going to extend out the time to ship, I'll just go with the standard option there. If it's not going to add more time, then I'll need to think on it more.

Going to the threaded barrel makes it 5" long (adds just over 1/2" to the gun length). Not sure what else that will do for things. Yes, it's only a 1/2" more, but it's a balancing act IIRC. Putting a comp onto it extends that out even more (beyond a government length 1911/2011).

This is going to be the most money I've dropped on a [single] firearm at one shot.

I've been eye-screwing the Staccato pistols for a while now. At this point I'm trying to decide between the C2 and P models. I have more than a single use case for the pistol. I want to both carry it (concealed, or open) and use it at the range (need to practice after all). Probably not shooting more than about 25 yards, but might stretch it to ~50 yards (depends on what I want to do that day). I like the slightly lower weight on the C2 (for carry reasons) compared with the P (I'd go with the steel frame for the P). I do see that the weight difference for both with the aluminum frames is minimal (3oz). The steel frame on the P is 5oz more on it (8oz total increase between the two models). I like the thought around the added durability of the steel frame. Just not sure if I'd run either enough to show wear on the aluminum frame version.
The barrel on the C2 is 3.9" where the P is 4.4". Not sure how much that extra 1/2" will effect things at the ranges I'm looking at. From what I've read/heard, the C2 is a very accurate pistol. Recoil mechanism is different between them (the guide rod). I like the way the P is 'tool less' for taking the slide off/apart (Dawson guide rod setup).
I would go with the optics ready version, with a plate to hold the dot I already have.
Not sure if there's anyone on here who has actually shot both models in the same session, to have good comparison data.

I'm looking to order/purchase fairly soon. Mostly so that I can have it before summer is in full swing. I have another wedding to go to in mid-June (in VT) which I would look to carry it to. Plus going to visit my uncle in Maine with it. For the trip into VT, I'd probably get a couple of the Staccato 15 round magazines due to the stupidity in VT around capacity limits.

My other carry option for the wedding is my DE1911C, which weighs the same as the Staccato P (only 8 rounds in the flush magazine in the 1911C).

Basically, I'm looking for people that have either of these two models and can give feedback/info on carrying them as well as shooting them (accuracy and recoil impulse). IIRC, the Staccato pistols are very accurate right out of the box. Could be partially due to the superior 1911/2011 trigger characteristics (always loved the 1911 SA type triggers).
I was going through a similar dilemma for a couple months, only difference being that I was stuck between the C2 and CS. I was carrying a 4.25in Prodigy for about a year, but that thing got to be too heavy.

I was able to feel the difference between C2 and CS prior to buying my CS and in my personal opinion the size difference is quite noticeable. I stared at the same spec sheet for months telling myself there isn't much of a difference. The grip module has different texture, and much thinner in the CS. So much so the CS mags are not compatible with C2/P. I purchased a DLC barrel with curved trigger, added Delta point and can honestly say it's my prized possession. f***ing thing is the epitome of tack driver...good for at least 1-2 comments from people when I go to the club.

C2 was recently added to MA roster so it'll be much easier to get a feel

I've been eye-screwing the Staccato pistols for a while now. At this point I'm trying to decide between the C2 and P models. I have more than a single use case for the pistol. I want to both carry it (concealed, or open) and use it at the range (need to practice after all). Probably not shooting more than about 25 yards, but might stretch it to ~50 yards (depends on what I want to do that day). I like the slightly lower weight on the C2 (for carry reasons) compared with the P (I'd go with the steel frame for the P). I do see that the weight difference for both with the aluminum frames is minimal (3oz). The steel frame on the P is 5oz more on it (8oz total increase between the two models). I like the thought around the added durability of the steel frame. Just not sure if I'd run either enough to show wear on the aluminum frame version.
The barrel on the C2 is 3.9" where the P is 4.4". Not sure how much that extra 1/2" will effect things at the ranges I'm looking at. From what I've read/heard, the C2 is a very accurate pistol. Recoil mechanism is different between them (the guide rod). I like the way the P is 'tool less' for taking the slide off/apart (Dawson guide rod setup).
I would go with the optics ready version, with a plate to hold the dot I already have.
Not sure if there's anyone on here who has actually shot both models in the same session, to have good comparison data.

I'm looking to order/purchase fairly soon. Mostly so that I can have it before summer is in full swing. I have another wedding to go to in mid-June (in VT) which I would look to carry it to. Plus going to visit my uncle in Maine with it. For the trip into VT, I'd probably get a couple of the Staccato 15 round magazines due to the stupidity in VT around capacity limits.

My other carry option for the wedding is my DE1911C, which weighs the same as the Staccato P (only 8 rounds in the flush magazine in the 1911C).

Basically, I'm looking for people that have either of these two models and can give feedback/info on carrying them as well as shooting them (accuracy and recoil impulse). IIRC, the Staccato pistols are very accurate right out of the box. Could be partially due to the superior 1911/2011 trigger characteristics (always loved the 1911 SA type triggers).

Attachments

• IMG_2846.jpeg
    IMG_2846.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom