• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SSL for login: I will donate $50 to make it happen

Makes sense, never seen it done like that but whatever works.

We use cloudflare as a CDN/anti-ddos which actually provides the SSL cert which you are seeing, and this encrypts the traffic between your browser and cloudflare. There is an additional cert on the webserver (which is a traditional, longer lasting cert, but not visible to the outside world) which encrypts the traffic between cloudflare and the forums.

Chrome does not like the cert. I get the crossed out HTTPS due to the cert used outdated encryption. It is only chrome. I just went through this at work and had to get a re-issue that used SHA-2.
Not a big deal, just thought I would mention it

Chrome does not like the cert. I get the crossed out HTTPS due to the cert used outdated encryption. It is only chrome. I just went through this at work and had to get a re-issue that used SHA-2.
Not a big deal, just thought I would mention it

What version of Chrome are you on? I just tried on three different machines and I'm getting the green lock on all of them.

The current cert is valid 9/8 through 10/09.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I just checked it again and it doesnt cross out anymore. It has a small yield style sign on the lock now. maybe something was cached. I dont normally use chrome so I dont really have any history with it on this site.

The money is suppose to go toward the effort and expense on account of Derek, Shorty, and any required fees.

Shorty, please run this by Derek and let me know where to send the $50.

I would put it toward Comm2a in the name of NES if requested!

There were no additional expenses put toward this - I would vote you go with a charitable donation if you feel the need.

Done!!!

Oddly enough I just checked it again and it doesnt cross out anymore. It has a small yield style sign on the lock now. maybe something was cached. I dont normally use chrome so I dont really have any history with it on this site.

After a little more playing it only seems to do it here https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/content/

Got it. There is one element on that page loaded from another site that does not provide SSL.

If you are browsing in SSL, it will automatically ignore that element but still throw the 'insecure' error, even though all loaded elements are secure.

Firefox here does a lock icon with yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0 ID:20150911030204

Firefox here does a lock icon with yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0 ID:20150911030204

At the moment, this is due to an article on the front page loading an offsite image from a non-secure resource. With exception to this single image, all content is loaded securely. The website in question does not offer secure connections.

This will happen occasionally, but all relevant traffic continues to load securely.

Back
Top Bottom