• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SSC / Savage Service Corporation?

Hey all,
Ran across a rifle today that appears to be a modified Savage - the Savage buttplate is still there, but all the maker's identifiying marks were removed and the serial number is now "SSC00xx" with a VERY low x. The owner swore it was a "Savage Service Corporation" rifle, but I can't find any information on such a place. A barrel weight has been added...I'd be willing to believe it was some sort of custom shop job.

And yes, I know Savage is officially "Savage Sports Corporation," but the xx is so low, I have a hard time believing it's actually a Savage-issued serial number. And then there's the question of what happened to the Savage company markings...

Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:
PM KMM686 (think thats his SN), his name is Kevin. He is a Savage aficionado. If anyone would know, i would like to believe it would be him. When in doubt call savage [smile]

Will do - thanks! Message to Savage went out this afternoon too and someone who knows an engineer at Savage is promising to check back with us next week when the engineer reemerges from the Maine woods. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom