• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SR9C MA Compliant Model is there a diff in the non MA compliant model

First let me start out at Ruger has some of the exemplary customer service I have ever seen. I had a Ruger LC9 and had nothing but problems with it. First time it went was for the front sight falling off and it had a firing pin replaced. Got the gun back extractor blew out, sent it back got it fixed and continued to have issues with it. (Maybe a lemon?) I know that I seen a lot of differentId threads on various boards about its issues. Well Ruger upgraded it to the SR9C at no cost to me! Besides magazine size is the internals of the firearm the same? Thanks for any answers.

Thanks,
Big_D

I have an SR9c, Shootin' Buddy has an LC9. The difference is night and day - SR9c is a double-stack mag, striker-fired with a Glock-style trigger (and it's a pretty smooth trigger pull, too!). LC9 is a single stack mag with an obscenely long and rough trigger pull.

Yes, the SR9c is larger but IMHO it's a far better gun.

I have an SR9c, Shootin' Buddy has an LC9. The difference is night and day - SR9c is a double-stack mag, striker-fired with a Glock-style trigger (and it's a pretty smooth trigger pull, too!). LC9 is a single stack mag with an obscenely long and rough trigger pull.

Completely agree. I don't own either myself but I have shot both and found the SR9c to be far superior

As said in the previous post, you got a FAR better gun out of this deal. I have also shot and compared them, as well as owning an SR9c myself. As to your question, I believe that unlike S&W and others which have "free state" models with different trigger weights and features, I don't believe this to be the case with the SR9c. It is without a doubt the best trigger you will find in any MA compliant gun in this price range. Aside from it being slightly bigger than the LC9, it is superior in every way, so you should be a very happy camper at this point.

Only difference I know is that a free state SR9C will come with a 10 and a 17 round mag, while MA has two 10 rounders. Not sure of any other differences.

First let me start out at Ruger has some of the exemplary customer service I have ever seen. I had a Ruger LC9 and had nothing but problems with it. First time it went was for the front sight falling off and it had a firing pin replaced. Got the gun back extractor blew out, sent it back got it fixed and continued to have issues with it. (Maybe a lemon?) I know that I seen a lot of differentId threads on various boards about its issues. Well Ruger upgraded it to the SR9C at no cost to me! Besides magazine size is the internals of the firearm the same? Thanks for any answers.

Thanks,
Big_D

The best warrantee and customer service, is that which is never needed. I'd rather have a gun that worked right out of the box the first time, than to have to rely on their exemplary service.

While it's nice you had a good CS experience, returning something to the factory TWICE would not be a good thing, IMHO.

YMMV.

The best warrantee and customer service, is that which is never needed. I'd rather have a gun that worked right out of the box the first time, than to have to rely on their exemplary service.

While it's nice you had a good CS experience, returning something to the factory TWICE would not be a good thing, IMHO.

YMMV.

True, but they made it right by giving him an upgrade, which is all that matters in the end. EVERY manufacturer bar none has lemons from time to time that get through QC. All that matters is how they stand behind the product after the sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Only difference I know is that a free state SR9C will come with a 10 and a 17 round mag, while MA has two 10 rounders. Not sure of any other differences.

Good point, I forgot about the larger mag in the free state model. Functionally, though, the gun itself is the same.

This.

Said before, The SR9c is a better gun, you'll be happy with it. I traded up from the LC9 to it and couldn't be happier, I think you will too

As said in the previous post, you got a FAR better gun out of this deal. I have also shot and compared them, as well as owning an SR9c myself. As to your question, I believe that unlike S&W and others which have "free state" models with different trigger weights and features, I don't believe this to be the case with the SR9c. It is without a doubt the best trigger you will find in any MA compliant gun in this price range. Aside from it being slightly bigger than the LC9, it is superior in every way, so you should be a very happy camper at this point.
Thanks guy's, I went and shot it today for the first time I cant believe the accuracy difference between this and the LC9. At fifteen feet I was getting 21/2 in groups on 10 rounds. The LC9 was very hard to do that with the nasty trigger it had. The SR9c you practically squeeze the trigger a little bit and bang. For being a free upgrade I'm very pleased. I would buy another Ruger I think maybe it was just a lemon.

You will be more than happy with the Sr9c.
I recently purchased one myself and just the other day put 50 rounds threw it. I am glad to get your confirmation on your customer service experience.

Look forward to reading your comments after you shoot it. But I think I know what they will be in advance.

Ruger sure got that right!

You will be more than happy with the Sr9c.
I recently purchased one myself and just the other day put 50 rounds threw it. I am glad to get your confirmation on your customer service experience.

Look forward to reading your comments after you shoot it. But I think I know what they will be in advance.

Ruger sure got that right!

The firearm is amazing!!! The trigger is better than the $800.00 Para Ordance LDA Hi-Cap 9mm. Accurate as an SOB. It's shooting a little high to the left need to adjust the sights. Easy fix. I put a 100 rounds through it and it worked very well. I'm very satisfied with it. I like the fact it came with a plastic case. I don't know why but I'm fond of them even though I have a big safe with not so many guns to fill it. But I'm working on it. Any of you fine NESers recommend a good IWB holster with a high concealment I'm a small dude and it's on my side I print to bad So i have to carry around the 1 or 2 position. I have a Uncle Mike's nylon #1 that I purchased when I got the LC9 but it seems a tad bit to small and moves around a bit and I'm afraid it could fall out which would be a bad situation regardless of where I am. Damage to pistol, dropping it in a public place, a round going off from being dropped.. I'm a worry wort.

The firearm is amazing!!! The trigger is better than the $800.00 Para Ordance LDA Hi-Cap 9mm. Accurate as an SOB. It's shooting a little high to the left need to adjust the sights. Easy fix. I put a 100 rounds through it and it worked very well. I'm very satisfied with it. I like the fact it came with a plastic case. I don't know why but I'm fond of them even though I have a big safe with not so many guns to fill it. But I'm working on it. Any of you fine NESers recommend a good IWB holster with a high concealment I'm a small dude and it's on my side I print to bad So i have to carry around the 1 or 2 position. I have a Uncle Mike's nylon #1 that I purchased when I got the LC9 but it seems a tad bit to small and moves around a bit and I'm afraid it could fall out which would be a bad situation regardless of where I am. Damage to pistol, dropping it in a public place, a round going off from being dropped.. I'm a worry wort.

I carry my sr9c in a MTAC minotaur..very comfortable. I have heard many recommend the crossbread as well.

I've used a Remora for my SR9c. Works pretty well. PM me if you want to give one a try. I'm moving away from IWB. I've got a Mitch Rosen OWB coming in for it.

I carry an LC9 as a pocket pistol sometimes. I'm in and out of Prohibited places so I wanted something like that. It's a little larger than I like, but it does the job.

Aloha

bought mine 18 months ago. Didn't think it was a popular gun then, but you can't beat it - especially for the price. I've tried my friends M&P's AND M&P's with trigger jobs... I'll take my SR9c any day.

I agree with what you say about their customer service. I've misplaced parts before & they've shipped replacements to me FAST for no charge.

Back
Top Bottom