• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SR9 vs SR9c trigger question

Just curious.

My dad has a Sr9c he bought in MA and it has the best striker fire MA approved trigger I have used. Does the sr9 have that same trigger (short crisp) or is it like the m&p's heavy and mushy?

I was thinking about picking up a full sized gun and already have many Gen4 glocks and wanted something different for a change. I like the m&p's but the MA trigger even with the apex kit or trigger jobs are crap IMO compared to a NON-MA trigger. I owned a Springfield xd and didnt like it, not a 1911 fan owned a few and sold them all. Sold all my .45s actually because I got a 10mm. Also not into Da/Sa guns like sigs or berettas. (unless I could find a SMG compensated Beretta so I could be like robocop...original robocop not this new POS one)

i have one of the early SR9 versions. bought it used two years ago. the trigger wasn't bad but it was not great. it was long and had rubbery feel.
i changed it to ghost rocket few weeks ago and it is better now.
i'm not sure if new SR9 have same triggers as SR9c but i'm sure someone will chime in shortly

i like SR9 better than my gen3 g17. i feel that it conceals better and fits better in my hand. only gripe is 10-rd mag but if you don't care then its a great value and very good gun. i paid $325 for it and i don't have a single shred of regret.

Last edited:
I have the old style SR9 and new style SR9c. They improved the trigger significantly on the SR9 & 9c and I am told that they are the same on the newer models of both.

IMHO the SR9 is a waste here because you're stuck with retard mags unless you're a full on outlaw. But you can get Glock preban mags just about anywhere so that wins in my book. I have an SR9c and love it but the SR9 won't take the short mags and you're stuck with a double stack with wasted mag capacity [puke]

Back
Top Bottom