SR 22 for CCW

I once shot a huge-ass snapping turtle right between the eyes with a .22 velocitor round. All that did was piss it off and I had to crush it's head with a big rock to finally kill it. I stopped carrying a .22 as a main gun after that.

I gotta say though, out of all the .22 pistols I've ever shot, my Beretta 87 is the most accurate and reliable with any ammo by far. If I were forced to carry only a .22, that would be the gun. I've had it since I was 21 and in fact I did carry it a lot before the snapper incident. At that point I had only that Beretta and my 1st 1911 and I didn't like carrying the 1911 on the long hikes and fishing trips.

The .22 is on the far right. You tell me what you'd like to carry.

800px-Comparitive_handgun_rounds.jpg

#2...I've always thought the AA Duracell was underrated as a SD round.

Crappy analogy, IMHO. A handgun isn't a nuclear weapon.

If you want to look at it from a damage standpoint playing with a .22 LR for self defense is like doing a D&D damage roll with a single six sided die. While you're messing around hoping you roll a 6 I get two, maybe even three extra dice to roll simply because I refuse to carry anything smaller than a 9mm. The wound ballistics, power factor, etc, all back this up.

If mousegun calibers were "good enough" for self defense then police departments and other LE agencies everywhere would be doing things like issuing handguns chambered in .32 ACP, etc. to get extra capacity.

-Mike

eF0Fg.jpg

ok, this guy has been to basic AND AIT, not to mention FIVE FREAKIN YEARS of "Private Security" experience. when he talks, you know people listen.

Sorry, with statements like this;

if you shoot them in the arm or leg, you can typically assume that the burglar will leave you alone.

I am not listening.

You're not giving proper credit to experience.

...a former National Guardsman with five years of Private Security experience including HollyWood Movies and has trained with an Israeli Counter-Terror operator and former Special Forces operators.

Note the odd capitalization. Isn't "HollyWood Movies" a video-rental chain? Is this guy really saying he was a security guard at a video rental outlet?

You're not giving proper credit to experience.

Note the odd capitalization. Isn't "HollyWood Movies" a video-rental chain? Is this guy really saying he was a security guard at a video rental outlet?

[rofl]

Maybe I should start writing self defense blogs, I mean, I went to boot camp and served 6 years active duty, watched LOTS of youtube, and worked security at Great Woods in the summer after HS graduation. [laugh]

i know it's cruel, but knowing that i helped contribute to this gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

also this:

Haters are always gonna hate. Hey you, Northeast Shooters, if you don't like what i have to say, or my experience isn't good enough for you, why not go do your own shit? The collective experience over here at HCM is 30+ years special operations, 20+ years personal defense and martial arts, 18+ years medicine, and 10+ years security and surveillance. Sorry were not good enough for you. Excuse me while I shut down my whole magazine for 5 forum warriors. **** off.

Last edited:
If its going to be arms length away , And im only going to get 1 shot off.i better buy the cobra derringer in 410 shot shell and have a Gunsmith customize the gun so both barrels go off at the same time, it would be like shooting 8 times:) that might be the closest knock down power your going to find lol

late in response haha but I'd like a derringer for that situation since you only have to use it once. the only issue with that is...... that would deem the derringer a "machine gun" haha because it fires more then one cartridge at a time. lucky if you have a green card. least that's my understanding haha

** and that battery air gun had me [rofl]

i know it's cruel, but knowing that i helped contribute to this gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Haters are always gonna hate. Hey you, Northeast Shooters, if you don't like what i have to say, or my experience isn't good enough for you, why not go do your own shit? The collective experience over here at HCM is 30+ years special operations, 20+ years personal defense and martial arts, 18+ years medicine, and 10+ years security and surveillance. Sorry were not good enough for you. Excuse me while I shut down my whole magazine for 5 forum warriors. **** off.

also this:

WOW. That shit is just to funny.

WOW. That shit is just to funny.

i have 72+ years of special operations experience. "oh-that's-nice-he-can't-read-special" at that. i spin beanies with propellers, wear helmets, and i have mastered the art of the drool-wipe. pants-shitting? i'm all over it like white on rice or brown on freshly-soiled superman onesies.

the internet is an amazing thing and so are the people on it. i hope one day to be able to product my own youtube videos to show all you a**h***s how it's done and how high speed i am. HD, pop-ups, and adobe after effects. you just wait, i will wow you all.

excuse me while i shut down my magazine in favor of youtube. you will all taste my sweet, sweet awesome. i've been told it tastes like cherries.

Anyone know where I can snag dome .22 SnapCaps? Wanna make sure my Ruger Mark II snubby is safe when I'm packin... Thanks in advance...

according to my tactical experience you should only use snap caps and never real ammunition. when you load real ammunition you have to be prepared to kill a man. can you look a man in the eyes and then snuff out the candle that is his existence? i can. in my 83 years of special operations i have done it eleventeen times.

when you have killed him make sure you place pennies on his eyes. this way he can blah blah something something.

according to my tactical experience you should only use snap caps and never real ammunition. when you load real ammunition you have to be prepared to kill a man. can you look a man in the eyes and then snuff out the candle that is his existence? i can. in my 83 years of special operations i have done it eleventeen times.

when you have killed him make sure you place pennies on his eyes. this way he can blah blah something something.

Pennies are for pussies - I use Big Y coins for all my kills...Sends a message and let's the dead mans family shop for savings...

Pennies are for pussies - I use Big Y coins for all my kills...Sends a message and let's the dead mans family shop for savings...

also when you slam your challenge coin down on a dead man's chest everyone else has to try to hit the corpse in the balls with theirs. the first person to miss has to buy the round of drinks at the bar next to the bost house at hereford.

also when you slam your challenge coin down on a dead man's chest everyone else has to try to hit the corpse in the balls with theirs. the first person to miss has to buy the round of drinks at the bar next to the bost house at hereford.

I'll keep that in mind...I find the outdated blue Big Y coins work best in those situations where challenge coin beer is involved. Big Y no longer recognizes them, so I get to keep my gold coins for free pizza... Last guy I cut down - I used CB Caps - angered him to death... If you see this a comin - you're in deep shit...

BigY_GoldCoin3.jpg

I personally have a cache of old MTBA tokens and Chuck E Cheese gaming tokens I use for the purpose. It depends on how urban the BG is.

If you are wondering how to get Chuck E Cheese tokens without paying for them, just find one of these brawls, there usually are a few sprinkled around on the floor after the cops come and take the people away. That is how I get them for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom