• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spying on forum members thought on fixing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that some sneaky low down people watch this forum and turn down people for permits based of free speach. Has anyone thought about making it so that any txt posted on the forum can not be copy and pasted? Also so it can not be printed or downloaded with the posters permission?

I know there is a way to set that up maybe some computer types can help out with some answers? And maybe some new wording in the statement when you sign up for account that anything on this forum is covered under freedom of speach that if you are a police chief of a local city and town that you will not use this forum as a way to turn down people for permits based off what people say on this forum.

Last edited:
You're kidding, right?

Not only is that horribly inconvenient for everyone, but it doesn't solve anything. If you can read it on the screen, you can retrieve it.

Nor would any disclaimer stop anyone from using information here against you.

Quite frankly, if you don't want it to be read by anyone, then don't post it.

You're kidding, right?

Not only is that horribly inconvenient for everyone, but it doesn't solve anything. If you can read it on the screen, you can retrieve it.

+1000!

You're kidding, right?

What he said. If you let someone read it on the screen, there is always a way to make a copy of it, even if it's as low-tech as a Polaroid of a CRT

You're kidding, right?

I just think there should be a way to keep people from using things on this forum to turn you down for a permit. When it happens to you I am sure you will be on here say we should do something about it. There was just a case of that happening here that a person got turned down for what they said on here. So how about maybe fixing the issue so other people don't have to put out 3K + dollars on a lawyer to clear up a case of a local chief taking personal issue with what was said.

And your statement (Quite frankly, if you don't want it to be read by anyone, then don't post it). makes me laugh what is the 1st amendment for then?

Last edited:
hello screen shot...

I just think there should be a way to keep people from using things on this forum to turn you down for a permit. When it happens to you I am sure you will be on here say we should do something about it. There was just a case of that happening here that a person got turned down for what they said on here. So how about maybe fixing the issue so other people don't have to put out 3K + dollars on a lawyer to clear up a case of a local chief taking personal issue with what was said.

What you dont understand, is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to do. It's a PUBLIC FORUM ON THE INTERNET. if you are afraid of anythign you say being held against you, then don't say it.

Untill the mass laws change, it wont happen.

Last edited:
Nothing on the internet is private.. As long as people remember that, they will be fine..

There are screen-capture programs out there for short money. If you can see/read it, you can print it or save it.

The Ts&Cs of any forum aren't worth the paper they aren't printed on! What are you going to do? Sue the chief for "misuse of the info on a public forum"? Any MA judge will laugh you out of court in less than 10 seconds.

There is a saying "If you wouldn't want to see it printed on the front page of the <insert name of newspaper here> tomorrow morning, then do NOT post it on the Internet!" It's real good advice.

Nothing on the internet is private.. As long as people remember that, they will be fine..

I think some people must forgot there is a 1st amendment from reading some of your post. You would rather do nothing and let people mess with your rights then do something to limit how they abuse the forum.

And your statement (Quite frankly, if you don't want it to be read by anyone, then don't post it). makes me laugh what is the 1st amendment for then?

You just don't get it. [rolleyes]

I think some people must forgot there is a 1st amendment from reading some of your post. You would rather do nothing and let people mess with your rights then do something to limit how they abuse the forum.

You really just don't get it. [rolleyes]

We all know that some sneaky low down people watch this forum and turn down people for permits based of free speach.
If you are smart you won't post anything that could damage you.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Just ask anyone who has posted a nude or other compromisng picture on any forum or social website.

We are not talking about a photo we are talking about a person right to talk about there sport in a harmless way then that being used against him. I don't know about you but there should be some type of limits put in place of people being able to copy or print posts.

Henchmen, I do understand your frustration, however short of making the forum "known/trusted members access only", anything Derek could do would be a mere bandaid on cancer. It just won't work technically.

As for the Constitution, well it gets no respect in MA anyway, so you should know how that goes. [thinking]

Henchmen, I do understand your frustration, however short of making the forum "known/trusted members access only", anything Derek could do would be a mere bandaid on cancer. It just won't work technically.

As for the Constitution, well it gets no respect in MA anyway, so you should know how that goes. [thinking]

Lens thanks you get what I am saying. But from some of the boneheads posting on this it just go's to show why this state is as sad as it is. They would rather let it keep happening as long as it does not happen to them.

The solution to the problem of denials by Chiefs of Police based on postings on a public forum, is NOT to inconvenience every user of the forum and the moderators/administrators.

The solution is to challenge and defeat the inappropriate denials, and ultimately to make MA a 'shall issue' state.

Last edited:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How does any of that apply to the situation(s) at hand. What "right" is being messed with when YOU (general you, not you personally) voluntarily write something on the internet in a public message board, and that statement is used "against" you???

I have a computer program that will encrypt everything you post online. Once this proprietary software is activated, only those who are in your trust group can read your posts.

We all know that some sneaky low down people watch this forum and turn down people for permits based of free speach. Has anyone thought about making it so that any txt posted on the forum can not be copy and pasted? Also so it can not be printed or downloaded with the posters permission?

I know there is a way to set that up maybe some computer types can help out with some answers? And maybe some new wording in the statement when you sign up for account that anything on this forum is covered under freedom of speach that if you are a police chief of a local city and town that you will not use this forum as a way to turn down people for permits based off what people say on this forum.

You can't prevent someone from doing any of those things. If you can see it, it can be printed, copied, etc. You don't know much about computers do you?

We are not talking about a photo we are talking about a person right to talk about there sport in a harmless way then that being used against him. I don't know about you but there should be some type of limits put in place of people being able to copy or print posts.

Lets solve this right here.

ATTENTION ALL LICENSING OFFICERS, JUDGES AND OTHER PERSONS KNOWN TO HAVE INFLUENCE OVER LICENSING DECISIONS IN MASSACHUSETTS.

We ask that you do not attempt to read, copy, distribute or supeona any of our posts and use them against us in the future regarding any decision you make when considering our licensing applications. Please do not purchase any software that will override and negate any protections that this forum may enable to protect our public website form your view.

I think that got their attention. Now we're all set.

No worries anymore! Post anythign you want now and you have no fear of retribution by anybody!

henchmen77.jpg

I'm not sure this is possible...

Lens thanks you get what I am saying. But from some of the boneheads posting on this it just go's to show why this state is as sad as it is. They would rather let it keep happening as long as it does not happen to them.

Actually, LenS is disagreeing with you.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How does any of that apply to the situation(s) at hand. What "right" is being messed with when YOU (general you, not you personally) voluntarily write something on the internet in a public message board, and that statement is used "against" you???

You have the freedom of speach on the Internet just as you would if you sent a email or letter to the chief disagreeing with him on something he said. If he does not like it, it does not give him the right to turn you down for a permit. He is a public official and open to criticism

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom