Springfirld Armory magazine question

I picked up an MA1 Saturday at Four Seasons.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=14

So as soon as I got home I went to the Springfield website to start looking for accessories. On their site they have a 20rd magazine that says.

Not legal in California or New Jersey. But above this it says "Legal Under Crime Bill".

So my question is, are they legal in Mass, but gut says no, but I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_33&products_id=158

They actually look pre-ban to me. Go ahead and order a few.

If they are USGI that price is a bit high, but not too bad. It's pretty easy to track down pre-ban for M1A they are costly ($30-50 each), but well worth it.

IIRC New Jersey has no exemption for pre-ban mags, hence even pre-bans would be illegal in NJ. California's restrictions are more complicated, but again, (IIRC) hi-capacity magazines cannot be sold in Kali, regardless of the date of Manuf.

It's plausible. The AWB was called "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994". Combine that with what Lupis42 says which is correct... But who knows until you get them.

That's 'stupid' high for their magazines. Checkmate Industries (CMI) makes SAinc M1A magazines as well as supplying the military with M14 (same thing) mags. You can get new CMI mags for half that price along with used USGI for 20-25 bucks.

Last edited:
That's 'stupid' high for their magazines. Checkmate Industries (CMI) makes SAinc M1A magazines as well as supplying the military with M14 (same thing) mags. You can get new CMI mags for half that price along with used USGI for 20-25 bucks.

Getting new mags in Massachusetts, regardless of their source, will earn you a long stretch in the pen and a federal permanently disqualified status; stick to the used ones and make sure that they're pre-'94.

Ken

Getting new mags in Massachusetts, regardless of their source, will earn you a long stretch in the pen and a federal permanently disqualified status; stick to the used ones and make sure that they're pre-'94.

Ken

I didn't suggest that he buy them. I pointed out that SAi's magazines cost twice what they should relative to other sources.

Back
Top Bottom