• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield XDS 9MM Love this firearm!

So I went to the range today and brought a couple of firearms with me... Picked up a Glock 19 recently gen 2 and a Springfield XDS 9mm, Also brought my Kahr p-40 .40 cal Anyways, I havent shot in about 18 months so thought I would be a bit rusty. The Glock I had a hard time keeping it in any grouping at all, It would go up down, right left, just couldnt dial it in. Had this problem all day. So again thought I might be rusty so I loaded up Kahr and had much better results( dont know why I always shoot that .40 cal good) Nice tight group at 25 ft... then onto my new purchase the XDS 9MM. No adjustments, just shot 4 without much thought. Then loaded up two mags and let them fly one right after another. Not complete rapid fire but pretty damn close... The target is pictured below. I LOVE THIS GUN!! It shoots awesome, and this was my first time shooting it and I havent shot in 18 months!! If I can shoot it this well at 25ft without practicing with it, I cant wait to see what it does with more practice!! Highly recommend it if you can get your hands on one.
IMG_1381.jpg

I've been eyeing those for awhile waiting for the right deal. I also like the 45 version too, but the 9mm would be fine for me. Hard to come by in MA though.

I've been eyeing those for awhile waiting for the right deal. I also like the 45 version too, but the 9mm would be fine for me. Hard to come by in MA though.

YEA I was looking for a while and one fell into my lap. To be honest I didnt think I was gonna like it cause the deep knurl on the grip but it felt so good when I shot it, I just fell in love with it. I am leary of the .45 though wonder how much kick it has to it in a 3.3 barrel. The nine is very very nice though....

I fired one at the range and liked. I just wish the range changed out the fiber optic (it was a rental handgun) on the front sight, it did not hold light very well. Clerk at the range even held a flashlight to it and nothing...

It is in my top 3 handguns i want to buy

M&P shield
M&P 9C
XDS 9MM

I love XDs. I carried the 40 when it came out and switched to the 45 when it was released. Been my primary carry gun since

I had a 3.3" XDs in .45 ACP. It was great with the flush fit mag, but the larger magazine would pinch my finger between the bottom of the frame and the base plate when I would shoot it. Also, kinda torque-y recoil impulse, like it was trying to twist out of my hands. The back strap safety would also pinch the web of my hand if I grabbed it just so.

Glad to hear you like it and it works so well for you, though!

Last edited:
I fired one at the range and liked. I just wish the range changed out the fiber optic (it was a rental handgun) on the front sight, it did not hold light very well. Clerk at the range even held a flashlight to it and nothing... It is in my top 3 handguns i want to buy M&P shield M&P 9C XDS 9MM
I think you're confused about sights.
Fiber optic sights don't "hold light" like a glow in the dark sticker, they just gather and direct ambient light down the optical fiber so it looks like its glowing.
Tritium sights glow through a process known as radioluminescence.

I fired one at the range and liked. I just wish the range changed out the fiber optic (it was a rental handgun) on the front sight, it did not hold light very well. Clerk at the range even held a flashlight to it and nothing...

It is in my top 3 handguns i want to buy

M&P shield
M&P 9C
XDS 9MM
It doesn't hold light well inside, LOL.. It must be outside with the sun to really brighten up.
Love mine as well and carry it a lot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 70
I don't like what they did to the new generation xds with the whole 'grip zone' on the frame. Reminds me of the mistake SW made with the billboard lettering on their 1911.

Shoots like a dream and although it may be a bit heavier than your usual subcompact, It is a great trade off when it comes to the way it shoots. I don't find it heavy at all. Its not as light as my p-40 kahr, but with groupings like that at a pretty fast rate of fire, it puts shots on target at the range. In a SHTF situation where stress of the moment come into play, I am very confident the shots at least will hit their mark which to me means everything in the world over anything else.

I love my xds45
If you got bitch mitts the grip will chew you up lol. I work with my hands so I don't notice it. I've shot 200+ rds at one outing. My friend shot one mag and asked me how I can shoot it so much lol.

I have a warthog iwb holster and I made my own pocket holster for it .
60931b44f027868f74532c736f019564.jpg

I notice my glock 21 muzzle flip more then I do my my xds.

Excellent handgun. Very accurate, looks good if you ask me. It works with any 9 mm ammo, even Tula without any problems and as a bonus, I got 5 mags from SA with the purchase. The rails are steel and big, so the gun is heavier than Shield but it is more accurate. I like 8-rd mags the best. Fits my hand very well. And the fiber front sight is a bonus.

I love my xds45
If you got bitch mitts the grip will chew you up lol. I work with my hands so I don't notice it. I've shot 200+ rds at one outing. My friend shot one mag and asked me how I can shoot it so much lol.

I have a warthog iwb holster and I made my own pocket holster for it .
60931b44f027868f74532c736f019564.jpg

I notice my glock 21 muzzle flip more then I do my my xds.

No I had an xdm that pinched my hands too hurt like all hell and I work with my hands too

Are you worried about shooting at someone when you don't have hold of the gun? Like if you wanted to pull the trigger while you were holding it on the ground with your foot?

I have to disable the GS on 1911s because my grip pushes up on it, not down. XD could have the same issue. And who knows if I will be able to get a good grip on the gun when under a lot of stress, or I could be injured. If I pull the trigger, I want the gun to go off, not to be blocked by a grip safety

Are you worried about shooting at someone when you don't have hold of the gun? Like if you wanted to pull the trigger while you were holding it on the ground with your foot?

No, not at all. It's just another mode of potential failure being a mechanically operated "safety". I just prefer simplicity in my firearms, which is why I don't like mag disconnects, or slide safeties either. Just personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom