• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield police arrest Chicopee resident, recover gun stolen from Southwick

Reptile

NES Member
SPRINGFIELD – Police arrested a Chicopee man and recovered a stolen gun after witnessing an apparent drug deal Friday night.

Paul Bousquet, 21, of Montello Road, was charged with carrying a firearm in a public way without a license and receiving stolen property of less than $1,200, said Ryan Walsh, police spokesman.

64P7MHWJ2JDKZPZWO2V6HOIJ3I.jpg

Anyone lose a HK P30?

I'm sure the gun theft victim will be looking forward to getting his gun back.

What do you think the chance of that happening is??
pretty good actually. a family member had some guns stolen about 7 years ago. maybe 2 years ago an ATF agent called him up stating a pistol had been recovered. once the case was concluded, the firearm was returned to the owner. he wishes it was one of his more expensive firearms, but getting back his SW 45 was still nice. stolen out of Springfield, MA, recovered in Maine during a drug case of some sort, and finally returned to him in MA at his new place. the ATF agent met him in the parking lot of a local coffee place. I cleaned that gun up, and shot the hell out of it for him to be sure nothing was tampered with. he is happy to have it back

If that was a Glock 19 with two prebans it would be more than $1200 here

guess I should've sold the g19 and 2 prebans I just traded a fellow member here and just bought the gun I got in trade and had cash leftover! jkjk. He and I are happy with the deal. that alone is worthwhile. always cool meeting a good NESer, though I did find it funny he posted one of the prebans he got with it for sale here!

Is it normal to store your firearms at your business if you don't work out of your house? Legal? What if you don't own the business? Can I leave a firearm locked in my desk at work overnight etc?

"Police arrested a Chicopee man and recovered a stolen gun after witnessing an apparent drug deal Friday night."

But no drug charges.

So phishing expedition?

Probably the guy is a douche criminal and did allegedly have a stolen gun.

But was there "real" probable cause for a stop?

Crestview construction in Southwick had several guns stolen from them 3 weeks ago, including a Barrett 50 cal rifle. I wonder if this is one of the guns...

Five from Chicopee charged with breaking and entering at Crestview Construction in Southwick
" They used cutting tools and grinders from the company’s shop area to cut through the side of a safe that was located in a private office and allegedly emptied the safe. "

I've always said to pay most attention to the side door when shopping for a safe, and to store at least the blades from any tools that could cut the safe open inside the unit.

" According to police, during a six-week investigation, a total of five search warrants were written and executed which lead to the recovery of some items and the arrests of the five people all from the Chicopee area. "

I'd bet the guns, particularly the 50BMG, is what rated this level of investigation for a simple burglary.

Is it normal to store your firearms at your business if you don't work out of your house? Legal? What if you don't own the business? Can I leave a firearm locked in my desk at work overnight etc?

A locked desk is a locked container. So no problem there.

Assuming you don't work in a school or other prohibited place, I don't see any problems.

Back
Top Bottom