Springfield PD

thorin

NES Member
Somebody went to the Springfield police dept and accused this guy of shooting at him. PD revokes LTC & issues a warrant, never informs the guy and then arrests him for possession of firearms and ammo days later in a traffic stop. This is some Soviet secret police type BS right here. I guess if you've got a gripe with somebody with an LTC, all you have to do is make an accusation and they are screwed, after all "the process is the punishment" as they say. I hope for this guys sake that the accusation is false, and if so the accuser is punished.

"The suspension came in response to a man's claim that Collazo fired five shots at him last week following an argument, Goodreau said. The man filed a complaint with police, and criminal charges were issued by a clerk magistrate, the lawyer said. Collazo received no notice that charges had been filed, according to Goodreau, who said his client denied shooting at anyone. Collazo has no criminal record, works full time as a janitor at Smith & Wesson and also holds a part-time job, the lawyer said."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/smith_wesson_employee_arrested.html

Seems fishy, whenever I've seen these types of exchanges someone goes right to the place of work and/or residence and collects them on the spot. I'm not buying routine traffic stop. Maybe they were concerned because he might be packing a 30mm broom at work. If anyone sees the 1-1 form and gets the address I'd be interested to see how close to work or home this "traffic stop" was.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I was just listening to a podcast about a trucker who stopped an attempted assault on his trainee by telling the prep that he had a gun and to back off. The trucker, legally licensed and having not displayed the firearm spent a week in jail before posting bail and is out $20k in lawyers fees after the accuser disappeared after making the original 9-1-1 call never to be seen again.

Ducking sucks that this guy is going to shell out like a year's pay for this crap, and even if he tries to recover damages it's going to cost him a pretty penny.

There was a Framingham cop accused to threatening the resident/owner of a self-storage place with a gun, and he was not in good enough graces to get the usual immunity, though he was acquitted at a bench trial. Naturally, he was on suspension with full pay while the process played out. Not surer if the union paid for his attorney though.

It may be the way that the article was written, but there is one thing that really struck me:

Before pulling Collazo's car over, police had run his license plate and found he was wanted on warrants for discharging a firearm, assault by means of a handgun and carrying a firearm without a license, Szafranski said.

That paragraph suggests that they are alleging that Collazo lacked an LTC not only when at the point in time when he was confronted by police (i.e. when the traffic stop occurred) but also at some earlier point (implied to be when the shooting happened). I'm wondering what the situation is with that- if in fact they had knowledge previously that he was carrying without a VALID license, if they are trying to allege that he had been carrying outside of a restriction at some point in time, if errors were made in the course of researching/ writing the article, or some combination/ etc....)

And of course all his stuff is on the way to the bonded warehouse. And all of the stuff of the people who live with him is of its way to the bonded warehouse.

Back
Top Bottom