Springfield Hellcat

Looks awesome, like those sights. Hope they make 10 rounders for us non free states.

I agree. Looks pretty good. Seems to check all the boxes off and even smugly 1-ups Sig with 11+1 flush (although us MA folk will never know).

intro-pistol.png

capacity.png

optics-ready.png

magazines.png

Really digging this subcompact the more I read about it. Has all the little touches people typically do after market. Gas pedal stippling, flat trigger, front slide serrations, etc. Regular size accessory rail (looking at you, Sig, with your proprietary rail). Sights are kind of funky, but I bet they would work just fine. Can't wait to hear reviews.

I believe the Grip Zone(TM) is that tiny stub protruding from the bottom plus a couple of inches of air beneath that.

Stopped by a local Springfield dealer this morning, and they told me they have “no idea” when they might be getting any. Has anyone seen release details?

huh...youtube is already flooded with "first take" videos posted within the last few hours. People must have been sitting on these videos for the OK to release them.

From Springfield Armory...

Thank you for reaching out. From what I am hearing The Hellcat will be in stores October 7th. When it comes down to which store has what, unfortunately, I do not have a way of answering that question. We sell to distributors, who then fill orders from retailers. We do offer a retailers tab on our website however, simply put in your zip code and it will bring up all authorize Springfield Armory dealers in your area. It requires a little calling around but is much better than driving from store to store. I have posted a link below for the retailers tab.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/retailers/

Thank you,

Donte

As much as I loathe SA, it is pretty neat.

I've been carrying a XDs 45 for 7 years now because if it ain't broke...

At least they ditched the grip safety, although the XDs one doesn't bother me.

GRIP ZONE FTW

I'll just never understand the micro gun craze. Why not just carry a real gun? What is everybody a deep cover spy all of a sudden?
It's just like the latest iPhone getting smaller, thinner, and lighter.

IMO, I think we reached the CC pinnacle with the single-stack 9s a few years ago: Shield, PPS, LC9S, G43, PM9, etc. After that, it's just a race for getting a slighter edge.
Like Colion Noir said, the new gun owners are spoiled with selection nowadays. A Hellcat or P365 would be the ultimate first gun because it covers so many areas, including ammo capacity even in mag restriction states.

I'll just never understand the micro gun craze. Why not just carry a real gun? What is everybody a deep cover spy all of a sudden?

Not all of us have the body frame size to hide larger guns in the summer, and given that some of us are burdened with living in MA, we have to hide them. I'm short and skinny. I have issues concealing even a G19 (although this time of year it is no problem). Can't change my height and my weight is stable, so subcompact or nothing in the summer. Wouldn't you want to carry at least something?

That being said, if a G19 disappeared on me in just jeans and t shirt, then I don't think I'd carry a subcompact. I like the full grip (at least for me) a G19 affords.

Pocket carry is the only way I can carry most of the time (need to wear tucked in shirt). Thus compact guns are a necessity. Different story for home defense, of course.

Not all of us have the body frame size to hide larger guns in the summer, and given that some of us are burdened with living in MA, we have to hide them. I'm short and skinny. I have issues concealing even a G19 (although this time of year it is no problem). Can't change my height and my weight is stable, so subcompact or nothing in the summer. Wouldn't you want to carry at least something?

That being said, if a G19 disappeared on me in just jeans and t shirt, then I don't think I'd carry a subcompact. I like the full grip (at least for me) a G19 affords.
I carry pretty much everyday and everywhere and I've never been the least concerned if my gun inadvertently shows. Evidently no one else cares either because I'm thirty something years of carrying no one has ever said a word to me.
I don't necessarily open carry other than when I'm hiking, but my holster definitely hangs below my shirt in the summer. So far it hasn't been an issue.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that there's far more people concealed carrying in hot environments than cold. The states with the most carry permits are FL, PA, TX, GA, IN, UT (probably fluffed with the non-res permits), TN, MI, OH, NC, WA, AL, VA, and then Mass (fluffed because license required to own). This does not include people carrying in hot weather constitutional carry states like AZ, AR, MS, MO, KY, WV, NM, KS, and OK.

Concealed Carry Statistics: Quick Facts by State (2017)

Three out of the top five concealed carry permit-holding states are hot. Seven out of the top thirteen are also hot. While there probably are people who insist on concealing big guns in hot weather, most people want to dress down. Meaning smaller guns.

You don't need "size" to carry a big pistol. Actually, slimmer guys with V-shaped bodies have an easier time concealing a big gun. Its about dressing around the gun. I'm 5'8" and around 150, 160 and I'm very comfortable concealing a full-sized, double-stack pistol.

This thing is gayer then snacks going 3 for 3 on his old man with a turkey baster full of CBD oil.

This isn't even "ghey." Its just... bland. Its a Croatian-rebranded copy of a SIG. SA's ideal market share here is new people to concealed carry. They'll carve a slice out of SIG's market share. This gun isn't going to dominate the market.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that there's far more people concealed carrying in hot environments than cold. The states with the most carry permits are FL, PA, TX, GA, IN, UT (probably fluffed with the non-res permits), TN, MI, OH, NC, WA, AL, VA, and then Mass (fluffed because license required to own). This does not include people carrying in hot weather constitutional carry states like AZ, AR, MS, MO, KY, WV, NM, KS, and OK.

Concealed Carry Statistics: Quick Facts by State (2017)

Three out of the top five concealed carry permit-holding states are hot. Seven out of the top thirteen are also hot. While there probably are people who insist on concealing big guns in hot weather, most people want to dress down. Meaning smaller guns.

You don't need "size" to carry a big pistol. Actually, slimmer guys with V-shaped bodies have an easier time concealing a big gun. Its about dressing around the gun. I'm 5'8" and around 150, 160 and I'm very comfortable concealing a full-sized, double-stack pistol.

This isn't even "ghey." Its just... bland. Its a Croatian-rebranded copy of a SIG. SA's ideal market share here is new people to concealed carry. They'll carve a slice out of SIG's market share. This gun isn't going to dominate the market.
I guess my point is, who cares if your gun is perfectly concealed? Just carry what you want. If it shows, it shows. It's not against the law. Unless you're an undercover operative none of us normal people don't really need to ensure that our guns are completely concealed.
In the summer I carry a G19 in a Fobus belt holster. Sometimes I wear an untucked shirt, sometimes I don't. Nobody cares.

I guess my point is, who cares if your gun is perfectly concealed? Just carry what you want. If it shows, it shows. It's not against the law. Unless you're an undercover operative none of us normal people don't really need to ensure that our guns are completely concealed.
In the summer I carry a G19 in a Fobus belt holster. Sometimes I wear an untucked shirt, sometimes I don't. Nobody cares.

I personally care because my town (Cambridge) is full of people who would act like it was an active shooter incident if they figured out I was carrying (And yes...I want to move somewhere else. Wasn't exactly my first choice to live here). I get that in most parts of the state, people are just too busy to care, but here, people are nosy and fragile. It was tough enough to get an unrestricted LTC here, so while I'm enduring the surroundings, I don't want to have any encounters where I would have to explain myself to a less than sympathetic officer who would rather take away my license than deal with some crazed moonbat who thinks I'm threatening. And before someone mentions that its my right as a lawfully licensed person in this city/state, I'd just put it out there that while that's true, that right comes with a lot of headache and potential legal expenses here that I'd sooner just avoid by not being conspicuous.

Back
Top Bottom