• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield armory xd line

Are these MA legal? ? I was sure i saw on the four seasons web page they were not. My LTC is due in next week getting ready to go shopping :)

you cannot get them through a MA gun store. However, they are legal to own if you get one through a private transfer. A lot of people don't understand that "the list" only applies to what FFLs can sell, not to what us [STRIKE=citizens]citizens[/STRIKE] subjects can own. However, expect to pay a premium.

Thanks for the info ...all the legal jargon can get confusing sometimes.
I was also looking at the S&W m&p 9c or the ruger sr9c.
But open to suggestions
And it will be carried daily so i definitely want something on the smaller side but still fun to shoot

Thanks for the info ...all the legal jargon can get confusing sometimes.
I was also looking at the S&W m&p 9c or the ruger sr9c.
But open to suggestions
And it will be carried daily so i definitely want something on the smaller side but still fun to shoot

Both are good options, but I have heard a lot of people dislike the M&P trigger enough to install an apex kit or get it worked on by a gunsmith. I've never really heard any criticisms about the sr9c unless you don't like glock-like triggers (and some people think it's fugly).

I have heard lots of good things about the ruger but the s&w does look better:)
Hopefully my license comes on schedule ...but i doubt it.
Been 8 weeks. In brockton

Your not missing anything with the XD. I had one and sold it. Nothing to write home about. You would still have to send it to Powder River Precision or Canyon Creek and have a trigger job done to it!

you cannot get them through a MA gun store. However, they are legal to own if you get one through a private transfer. A lot of people don't understand that "the list" only applies to what FFLs can sell, not to what us [STRIKE=citizens]citizens[/STRIKE] subjects can own. However, expect to pay a premium.

Not entirely accurate. "Legal" is not an accurate word, and it depends if the FFL chooses to honor the AG's "consumer regulations."

If you can find one, the XD is the best of the bunch IMHO. The M&P with a trigger job is second, and the Ruger last.

If you're looking for a plastic gun, you should also check out the Walther P99c and of course the Glock line.

If possible try and shoot some guns before you just buy. Theres alot involved in different firearms.

For instance, I love glocks. I love the brand. The reputation. The reliability, the looks, everything. But I just naturally shoot the MP better. I was hard to sell my glocks, but when it all comes down to whats more comfortable to you.

Im selling a MP9c to buy a full size. I dont carry it so id prefer a larger frame.
If youre interested and want to shoot it first we can meet at Bobs in Salisbury if youre local.

im pretty open to most anything, just gonna go and see how they feel in my hand. i was going to check out the glocks when i went to four seasons. i was at cabelas in ct a while back killing time and loved how the XD felt in my hand. ill have to wait and see i suppose

thanks for the info
open to more suggestions

thanks Derek i appreciate it. im in brockton so not that far.
id love to take you up on your off but am currently traveling for work so maybe if you still have it in a few weeks ill contact you

thanks either way

I found that most people ( on the forums I belong to) shoot the M&P's better than the Glock. Not saying the Glocks are not good, as I own one thats my favorite pistol.

The XD's are always in the classifieds. I believe there is a couple in there right now. Look hard & long enough and you can find anything.

I personally like the XDm's better, but that's just my opinion.

The problem with the XD(m) is, last time I checked, there are no 10 round magazines for it. You can legally own the gun in MA, but not the mags.

The problem with the XD(m) is, last time I checked, there are no 10 round magazines for it. You can legally own the gun in MA, but not the mags.

This is correct for the 9mm. The .45acp version still takes the mags from the XD and they make 10 round mags for the XD .45acp. So it all depends which one you are talking about ;)

Guess it depends on the model. My XDM 40 (yes I said 40 cal) only has 16 round mags, no 10's

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

You could probably have the mags modified to be legally compliant, but talk about a pain in the ass.

-Mike

I have an XD45 - w/ the 10 round mags. Great gun but the trigger is a bit squishy. Been thinking of trying to do something with the trigger but its low on the priority list.

Back
Top Bottom