Springfield Armory Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator - MA Compliant?

I picked up the 9MM range officer right when they got on the list. It’s a nice gun that shoots well. The rear sight did shoot loose the first time out. It’s a pretty loose fit in the dovetail (loose enough you can remove it easily by hand). It has 2 set screws that I tightened and it has stayed put since but I’m a bit wary.

Yea im torn on the MA Compliant 9mm Range Officer or spending $100 more and getting the Colt Competition 9mm.

I hear great things about both but it just seems like the Colt has had less issues?

I keep telling myself its just a fun range gun to plink with but then I start looking at Performance Center 1911 9MM, Dan Wesson, etc and really was hoping to stay on a reasonable budget.

I picked up the 9MM range officer right when they got on the list. It’s a nice gun that shoots well. The rear sight did shoot loose the first time out. It’s a pretty loose fit in the dovetail (loose enough you can remove it easily by hand). It has 2 set screws that I tightened and it has stayed put since but I’m a bit wary.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup im blind lol I totally missed the target section! Thanks appreciate the heads up!

Is this your first 1911 in 9mm?

SA has excellent customer service if you ever have an issue. Colt I don't know how fast/good their service is. I have Springers and Colts -- all good guns.

Attachments

• GC_SS_2015.jpg
    GC_SS_2015.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 29
  • springfield_TRP_2.jpg
    springfield_TRP_2.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 35
andrew1220,
Thanks for posting this link. I had no idea it existed.
I always learn something new when I visit this forum.

Is this your first 1911 in 9mm?

SA has excellent customer service if you ever have an issue. Colt I don't know how fast/good their service is. I have Springers and Colts -- all good guns.

It is my 1st 1911 9MM. I have a Sig 1911 Target right now and have a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Love the colt but not sure if the SA offers the same quality as I can get a Range Officer for a couple hundred less than a Colt.

I like SA just again not sure the quality. Beautiful guns btw but again those are in excess of $1000+ so im sure they are flawless. Seeing if the entry levels are a good bargain.

Love that name. "Range Officer Elite Operator". Who comes up with this crap?

That thing must shoot itself dead nuts on, then choke you when you're not looking all while talking your ear off about his weekend and new black powder deer rifle while dropping donut dust on your gear. SMH.
Same reason why I can't buy in. At least then marketing name person probably wasn't involved in the engineering.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I keep telling myself its just a fun range gun to plink with but then I start looking at Performance Center 1911 9MM, Dan Wesson, etc and really was hoping to stay on a reasonable budget.

Can't go wrong with a Dan Wesson. I've got the DW Pointman 9 that I use for competition and it's an AWESOME 9mm 1911. I use to have the Performance Center 9mm 1911 but sold it to buy a DW PM9....That being said, you may be going above and beyond your budget.

I fondled a Colt Competition yesterday at the gun shop that had a really, really mushy safety- not sure Colt’s quality control is amazing if that slipped through. I like the sights on the Colt better and there is an undercut trigger guard which is nice. Colt claims the dual recoil spring reduces recoil and lasts longer. There isn’t much recoil in a 9mm all steel 1911 and single springs last a long time and are cheaply and easily replaced so I’m not sold on this one being a real feature. The blue grips on the Colt are ugly IMO.

Other than the sights they are really similar guns.

Yea im torn on the MA Compliant 9mm Range Officer or spending $100 more and getting the Colt Competition 9mm.

I hear great things about both but it just seems like the Colt has had less issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup im blind lol I totally missed the target section! Thanks appreciate the heads up!

Thanks guys went off the reservation and got a 5" 9mm Desert Eagle 1911!

Should be in next week will post pics and results.

Just got the 1911 desert eagle! Thing is really nice will post range results as soon as I have them!

USTlBk8.jpg

gs2jdYV.jpg

Hy30z0y.jpg

dfBEwNB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom