• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield Armory Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator - MA Compliant?

awm

NES Member
Hello just wondering with the new SA pistols becoming MA compliant does it include all of their 1911 variants?

Really interested in the Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator in 9mm.

Thanks!

Adam

Hello just wondering with the new SA pistols becoming MA compliant does it include all of their 1911 variants?

Thanks!

Adam

Before Mike gets a chance to reply....

stop worring about a stupid list. Find a FFl that will transfer it and be done.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/10/06/Approved Firearm Roster 9-17.pdf

I know everyone likes to say "Forget about the list" but not everybody spends holidays with an FFL. Maybe some dealers will sell anything to anyone, but the last gun I transferred through an FFL who knows me (at least reasonably well, and I come with references), he was still pretty sketchy because The List didn't have the model number exactly the same as the place I was ordering from.

Last edited:
Love that name. "Range Officer Elite Operator". Who comes up with this crap?

That thing must shoot itself dead nuts on, then choke you when you're not looking all while talking your ear off about his weekend and new black powder deer rifle while dropping donut dust on your gear. SMH.

That thing must shoot itself dead nuts on, then choke you when you're not looking all while talking your ear off about his weekend and new black powder deer rifle while dropping donut dust on your gear. SMH.

I would like to know who myself.
The name screams wannabe poser.

The same folks that name an AR15 "The Saint" [rofl]
i have the stainless RO and love it. If only I had the elite version though..

Thanks!

Adam

Call four seasons (and post back here), looks like they are starting to get SAI stuff in stock.

Hey, man real operators operate with Springfield 1911s! They are the most operationally operative tacticool operatoes in the world, bruh! Op obviously wants to increase his operational capacity in the most operative way possible... By buying a Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator in 9mm! YEAHHHH!

Ya it's just silly. I'm not bashing the OP for wanting whatever it is he wants, probably a real nice weapon, I'd sure take one, just making fun of the idiots that name this stuff. Everything these days is tactical/elite/operator this and that. Tactical sunglasses, tactical camping lantern, tactical cigarette lighter, tactical wallets for **** sake, that gets run over by a 13T tactical vehicle! Does a non-tactical 13T vehicle weigh less?? So gay.

Hey guys I will give Four Seasons a call I just ask because Gun Broker is way cheaper and want to make sure its good before buying it and having it not be compliant.

Will give them a call though. I can look at an approved roster list but with the god forsaken AG requirements (i.e glocks on mass approved but not on AG) and there not being an AG approved list its a crap shoot. It could have "combat sights" and not "target sights" for all I know and its not MA compliant LOL.

Anyways just seeing if anyone had bought one and could confirm but will just call.

Thanks!

Hey guys I will give Four Seasons a call I just ask because Gun Broker is way cheaper and want to make sure its good before buying it and having it not be compliant.

Will give them a call though. I can look at an approved roster list but with the god forsaken AG requirements (i.e glocks on mass approved but not on AG) and there not being an AG approved list its a crap shoot. It could have "combat sights" and not "target sights" for all I know and its not MA compliant LOL.

Anyways just seeing if anyone had bought one and could confirm but will just call.

Thanks!
Let us know.

In response to the blah blah blah 9mm, crazy naming, etc.

1) Have a bunch of toys including a .45acp and 10mm 1911 series. Would be nice to have a 9mm version to plink with as ammo is expensive!
2) They could name it the 1911 elite dildo edition...I dont care as long as its fun to shoot!
3) For the money other than maybe the Ruger which I dont love the looks there are few 9mm 1911 that are mass compliant (yes I am aware of other methods as I have a bunch of brand new glocks)

If there are other 9mm 1911's people would recommend let me know. Im also considering a 929-8 shot smith & wesson performance center JM 9mm revolver but I like the idea of 4 mags coming with the SA 1911.

Thanks!

Adam

If there are other 9mm 1911's people would recommend let me know.

Colt Competition is now MA compliant. 9mm and .45.

bd3ca79cdcb3eba974a6fafd19b8d838.jpg

If there are other 9mm 1911's people would recommend let me know. Im also considering a 929-8 shot smith & wesson performance center JM 9mm revolver but I like the idea of 4 mags coming with the SA 1911.

Thanks!

Adam

Get some moons. And a de-mooner.
Fun to shoot. If I re-loaded 9, I'd own one.

1) Have a bunch of toys including a .45acp and 10mm 1911 series. Would be nice to have a 9mm version to plink with as ammo is expensive!
2) They could name it the 1911 elite dildo edition...I dont care as long as its fun to shoot!
3) For the money other than maybe the Ruger which I dont love the looks there are few 9mm 1911 that are mass compliant (yes I am aware of other methods as I have a bunch of brand new glocks)

Thanks!

Adam

We're not picking on you Adam, just making fun of the idiots that name everything with elite, tactical operator etc etc. So old and over used after 17 yrs of war and them just using it to make
money.

No worries man, enjoy your pistol, if we ever meet first beers on me.

We're not picking on you Adam, just making fun of the idiots that name everything with elite, tactical operator etc etc. So old and over used after 17 yrs of war and them just using it to make
money.

No worries man, enjoy your pistol, if we ever meet first beers on me.

Oh dude seriously me and my buddies are ball busters I have super thick skin lol. I’ve already got the “oh so your getting a 9mm 1911? Does it come in pink? Do you get a coupon for maxi pads? Etc”

Def hear you on the names too. It took me 5 minutes to type the right name for the Springfield model in the title. They just need to name them cool, really cool, fawkin crazy, and don’t tell the wife models.

Pretty simple and you at least know which model should be better as opposed to 1911 vcomp tac Ops Black hawk super target edition vs 1911 elite super competition tactical officer edition.

I think I just talked myself into a 460 xvr s&w revolver ��

Just my two cents but if you want a FFl to bring one in for you, they are much more likely to do so if they are the one selling the gun (and making a reasonable profit.). I don't blame any ffl for being picky about the list if they are making measly $40 on a transfer.

Any input which is the better to get?

The Springfield 9mm range officer or the 9mm Colt Competition? Not worried about the price, more reliability and accuracy...

Thx!

Handled them both tonight and shot the stainless Colt at MFS tonight. The Colt was nice and very accurate.

Both felt good. But I think I’m leaning towards the blued Colt. But the RO was really nice as well. The sights are playing a part in this as I like the colts better.

Wouldn't you think "If any 1911 is compliant, they're ALL compliant, regardless of manufacturer?" A 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911, amirite?

MA sucks. I'll let you guys know when I buy my first free state handgun in NC. Still dealing with owning two houses and moving expenses, but there WILL be a celebration of sorts, and I'll mark the occasion with something spiffy.

And how is it a "Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite Operator" and it doesn't even have rails?

Is there a "Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite Tactical Operator" model forthcoming?

They should etch it onto the slide in italics, just like that, for effect.

Last edited:
Any input which is the better to get?

The Springfield 9mm range officer or the 9mm Colt Competition? Not worried about the price, more reliability and accuracy...

Thx!

If it were me, I'd get the Colt competition stainless over SA's.

Back
Top Bottom