Spring Turkey 2020

Looks like its going to be a wet opener.
I may go out and give it a shot anyway unless it's pouring.....
If the rain stops late morning they may start moving to the open fields to dry out?
Turkeys go to fields when it is raining. In the woods during a harder rain they can't hear so well and actually go to openings. If I were hunting today I'd check some fields.

Good luck on ma opener folks. I have to wait till Fri Sat Sun.

Post pix if you bag one guys so we all think there's f***ing hope. 😂

I spent 2 hours out today...all I got was WET!
Oh well...there's still plenty of days left in turkey season in Mass! :cool:

Big gobbler with some hens on the hill just up from me this morning. Too bad I was working. Saw them on the way by

I might give it a quick try before work tomorrow. Im a fair weather turkey hunter. Not that thrilled by it.

Can kill huge neighborhood gobblers in CT all the time in the fall with the bow and still dont bother. In an urban setting they are the worlds stupidest bird. People ask me to shoot them because they peck their glass doors. And you can walk so close to them you could hit them with a tack hammer.

Was out for a few hours this am no luck had a Tom in the area the day before but nothing this am few shots in the distance. Then on they way to work I see a flock in a field you can’t hunt with 2 big Toms.
But that’s hunting

lured in another hunter with my hen calls this morning, then nearly ran over a turkey on the drive home

I cant imagine why guys feel the need to stalk up on hens.... I had a guy come up behind me last year with my decoys to my front. I thought he was going to shoot me in back.
I whistled at him - "yo man...get out of here..." I know have an orange hat affixed to the back of my turkey vest.....And always sit against a tree.

Last edited:
That is so dangerous.That is how hunters get shot.

Bob
Yes. This is why I really dont like turkey hunting around my house. Lots of Turkey. But too many idiots.

Ive had this happen alot. I wear an orange hat now because of morons.
If im going to hunt it will be middle of the week when people are less. But this year with the rona it’s probably a shit show.

Last edited:
I was out today also. Not a single gobble to be heard anywhere. Drove by a bunch of fields when going home - nothing.

Maybe the stinkin turkeys are in coronavirus lockdown or something.

But we'll get them; the turkeys have to be lucky every day, while the hunter only has to be lucky one day.

Nice morning!....Heard two gobbling way off; probably in a neighborhood.
Walked up on one in a lane but he saw me and scooted away...Pretty sure it was a Tom.
Will be out again on Friday unless its pouring rain.

Had one (or more, only saw one) in my backyard (MA) this morning. Nearby our NH home there are a whole bunch of them seen oftentimes ~1/2 mile from me. Lots of wooded area . . . owned by a corporation that has it posted.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading out for the first time in NH. Using a blind so will be somewhat dry. Bringing a thermos of coffee for sure!

Already done for today. The portable blind kept us dry......until it was time to pack up and walk to the truck damn what a deluge.

Didn't see or hear a single turkey. It is a good spot seen plenty on camera in the mornings and folks in the area say they are around. Tomorrow and Sunday we'll hunt the same spot and see if we can't get em located.

Now I have two soaked shotguns to wipe down before a late breakfast.

Heading out tomorrow morning... Hope I harvest one - wife is pretty much at her wits end with my mouth call practice.
I can see that! I have to use a box call for the simplicity and no real practice necessary. We have 2 mini schnauzers and a treeing walker coonhound in the house.....jeeeezes Christmas I tried practicing with a mouth call in the house once and it started a friggin rave with the 3 mutts. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom