1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Spring! It's here! How do I know? The bike, it RUNS!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Radtekk, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

IDGAF what the calendar says or when "Spring" officially starts. Lady Radtekk and I were moving a couple of things in the garage, needed to get the Shop-Vac out, the snowblower was in the way of the bike that was blocking the Vac... Stuff is moved, vac is out, snowblower is behind the house under the deck now, and MOST importantly, bike is in "Launch Position" at the garage door!

Took about 3-4 minutes of coaxing but she pretty much started right up and MAN do of those pipes sound sweet! Dropped the phone, grabbed the lid, told M'Lady "Back in 5" and down the road I went. Woke up ALL the neighbors and their babies, it was NOON fer God's sake and they NEED to be awake! Quick run, maybe 2 miles, came home, put her away, and went to bed for a nap before work. GODDAMN I feel good!!!!

Who else got theirs out today?

2. Mr.E

Mr.E

That was the plan, but didn’t happen:oops:

3. babygorilla

babygorilla NES Member

Gotta ride mine through the grass and up a slight incline to get to the street. Also, too much salt still.

4. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

I rode a bike for many years till my old back said "no more". I miss it. Jack.

MSant likes this.
  5. MAGG

MAGG NES Member

I got mine out of the garage and started....along with my 67 firebird...but neither of them have current inspection stickers so I won't be getting that done til May when I get back from my work trip end of April..

6. Maddawg1952

Maddawg1952 NES Member

Put the sticker on the plate , but the snowthrower an all the winter shit is still in the garage, Too muddy to get out to the shed yet.

7. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

Got mine out today too, which meant chipping 3" of ice from in front of the shed but it was all worth it. Jumped it to life and road through the snow into the garage. Ordered a new battery and I have the oil change kit ready to go.

8. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Get yerself a Can-Am. Strap the grease gun over your shoulder and nobody will mess with you!

Sticker? Meh, if I got pulled over it would NOT have been for want of a sticker...

A little mud never hurt nobody...

View: https://youtu.be/h_eyvTPgnM4

Trickle charger dude... The Harley one (probably others too) has a QD plug. Hook one end to the battery, leave the pigtail hanging, zip tie it somewhere, mine stays juiced up all winter:)

9. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

It was on one, original battery in a 2013. it was time.

10. Lennypeters

Lennypeters NES Member

Hopefully today I will get the front fender installed and be ready to go. I recently got it back from being painted after last years "encounter" with a deer.

11. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell

Picking mine up out of storage this Saturday.

12. allen-1

allen-1 NES Member

[rofl]

Living in Georgia means never putting the bike away...

Shot a match last weekend about an hour away. Called my wife to tell her I was on the way home and to ask if she needed anything. Yeah, she needed me to come home, so I could take our son to the local HD dealership.

Took him there and he picked up a Roadster. Which is a modern version of what the Roadster used to be. A Sportster with a slightly larger tank. He was grinning from ear to ear.

Heard him pull into the driveway the next day, and he asked me to come outside and look at the bike again. Somehow it changed color overnight. And model. He'd decided after riding it 70 miles that a Sportster wasn't a good highway bike.

So, now he has a 114" Softtail (not sure of exact model). And an even larger grin if that's possible.

So my wife grabbed her helmet and the three of us went for a ride, and then dinner down by the river.

Fck snow.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    dontpanic, Radtekk, Danor and 2 others like this.
  13. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Dude! Good kid, good wife, good life! Good for you!

14. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

Get your motor runnin'
    Head out on the highway
    Lookin' for adventure
    And whatever comes our way

xchinese-motor-scooter-owner.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xIPi765ulu.jpg

15. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

This thread makes me want to get a HD again... Really can't have it where I live now since I don't have a place to properly keep it. Next place will have the garage space for it so that won't be an issue. So, hopefully, in a few years I'll have one again. Just hope I can find one that has the features I want, and none of the crap I don't.