• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spring and follower recommendations for Glock 17 mags?

If I wanted to rebuild some old, pre-ban G17 mags, does anyone have recommendations on springs that will ensure reliability? Also, is it worth replacing the follower? Finally, is a different spring necessary if the mag has a +2 base plate?

THanks.

Call Glock tech supt. They sent springs and followers free to replace all of the ones for my Wife's G17. These were all U-channel mags, now worth about $10,000 each if I go according to the WTS ads I see. [wink] [rofl]

Call Glock tech supt. They sent springs and followers free to replace all of the ones for my Wife's G17. These were all U-channel mags, now worth about $10,000 each if I go according to the WTS ads I see. [wink] [rofl]

Hmm. I like this. What did you tell them? Feeding problems?

Hmm. I like this. What did you tell them? Feeding problems?

Paul,

There was parts breakage in my Wife's G17 and I brought the gun to a well-known Glock armorer who confirmed what was needed and called Glock to order the parts. I had some sort of question (it was a few years ago and I don't recall the details) about the mags and the Glock tech offered to send me all new springs, followers and baseplates for those mags . . . all he wanted to know was "how many mags?" He shipped all the parts to the Glock armorer and I met up with him a week or so later and everything got fixed/swapped out at no cost to me. Said Glock armorer is a very long time friend and refused any payment.

Glock is very good at supporting their hardware and it is well worth a phone call.

If perchance that doesn't work, I'd buy Wolff replacement springs from wherever (Brownells, Midway, First Defense, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom