Spring 2006 John Farnam Course at Riverside

Which John Farnam Course would you want to attend?

• Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting for Women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advanced Defensive Handgun

• Defensive Shotgun

• Defensive Urban Rifle

• Total voters

USMA-82

NES Member
Hi Guys:

Just trying to check interest in a course to be held at Riverside Gun Club next year. John has expressed interest in coming to Massachusetts for a class, but I need to come up with tentative dates and which course(s) we'd like to see.

Right now I'm hoping to schedule a spring course so we can have the opportunity to use what we learn throughout the rest of the season. I attended his Advanced Defensive Handgun course a couple of years ago in Nashua, and I can tell you it was well worth the price of admission.

For those of you not familiar with John and Defense Training International, here is the website:

http://www.defense-training.com/courses/index.html

Thanks in Advance!

Ken Kennedy
Chair, Rifle & Pistol Cmte
Riverside Gun Club
Hudson, MA

I'm always interested in defensive handgun classes...just haven't had the $$'s to do it. Hopefully that will be changing in the near future. :D

sdavid said:
I wouldn't mind taking a shotgun or rifle course, as long as no one laughs at my Mossberg 500

Make you a deal: you don't laugh at MY Mossberg 500, and I won't laugh at yours!

What's to laugh at, anyway? It always goes bang and shoots where I point it. What more can you ask?

dwarven1 said:
sdavid said:
I wouldn't mind taking a shotgun or rifle course, as long as no one laughs at my Mossberg 500

Make you a deal: you don't laugh at MY Mossberg 500, and I won't laugh at yours!

What's to laugh at, anyway? It always goes bang and shoots where I point it. What more can you ask?

I wonder if anyone would laugh at my J.C. Higgins 16GA bolt action?

Rifle, pistol or shotgun, I would like a class in any/all.

I too, have a mossberg 500, although slightly modified. I added a 18" barrel,with a rifle sight, a ghost ring rear sight, and a speedfeeed stock. All I need now is a sling.

MTS_4.jpg

Ken,

I'm in for sure. Saves me a trip and tracking him down somewhere else.

I voted for the Advanced Handgun Class. But only because I just took the PSI (with you) and LFI-1, so maybe it is time for "Advanced."

But, I know enough of John Farnam that you can count me in for almost anything he comes here to teach. (if you help me build a duplicate of your AK toy, then I'd have a rifle for the rifle class. :D :D :D ) He is another one of those believable instructors that you really, really want to listen to.

Do you think it will be another 2 1/2 day course, or will you consider a 3 or 4 full day course? His 2006 schedule is already packed up through June, so I hope you can get him.

Maybe two different courses, back to back, so everybody is happy??? :D

Dan

Dan:

That's what I was hoping to schedule - two courses back to back. There might be some overlap, so that would make it tough to attend both.

I realize John's schedule is filling up quickly, which is why I'm running this poll. I'd like to give him some tentative dates and which courses we'd like to see by December 1st.

Also, everyone should be aware that Personal Security Institute may be making a return visit in 2006, and possibly another guest instructor or two. If you miss one class because of scheduling conflicts (or it was not the one you voted for), you may see it in a slightly different form later in the year.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

KK

Back
Top Bottom