• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spotting scope

I got a tasco from Walmart that works better than good, and it was maybe $60.00 Having said that, someday, I'll probably buy a nicer one.

At the other end of the spectrum there's Kowa. I am a big fan. Years ago for high power rifle shooting I bought a Kowa TSN-821 with a 27x LER (long eye relief) eyepiece for nearly $1000. It has an 82mm objective lens. You can see .223 bullet holes at 600 yards.

You can get a TSN-601 or 602 for just under $500, and an eyepiece for about $200 if you look around. Yes, it will be around $700, but it's the last scope you'll have to buy. You'll need a stand, too - not cheap for a good one.

+1 for JarheadTop suggestion. I have the Konuspot 20-60x80mm model 7120. The optics are great, the 80mm really grabs extra light versus a 50 to 60mm. The tripod is very basic but OK if u are bench shooting or prone. On that note another nice feature is the 45 degree eyepiece and swivel body that makes viewing easy while in the prone position. I use mine for 100yd service rifle matches at my club with good results. I bought it for around $200 with an Amazon gift card, solid purchase.

There is a thread here from long ago on spotting scopes with very good info. Unsure if it is a sticky or not.

I have this Celestron Ultima 80 and it's great at 100 yds (longest range I have access to). The tripod is nothing special but comes with it until you get a real good one.
Celestron Ultima 80 Angled Spotting Scope Package w/ Tripod - Celestron 52250 & 93606

They now have a Celestron Ultima 100 that would probably be best for real long distance shooting, but still a very moderate price point:
Celestron Ultima 100 Spotting Scope 52252 w / Free S&H 100mm Spoting scopes Celestron

Back
Top Bottom