Spotting Scope Stand...What you got?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I have a very old spotting scope stand that I've been using for years and is on its last legs so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm using a Kowa TSN-661 so I'm looking for a stable and dependable replacement stand that will have the "Zoom" mount as the Kowa has a rotating head.

I've looked at Champion, Creedmore, Freeland and others and they all look like decent choices. Wondering what you are using and how you like it. I use my current stand when prone, using a bench and when standing, so it needs to be flexible and easily adjustable.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have the 3/4” Champion stand and mount. Stand works fine, good quality, holding up well. . Legs are a little stiff to fold but I could loosen them. Sway is not terrible for offhand but wish I would have bought a 1” for better stiffness.

I’m not a fan of Champ’s mount and will probably replace it with a Creedmoor Polecat.

I have the Creedmoor polecat head on a 3/4 rod which supports a Kowa TSN-1. I use it for CMP/NRA highpower and games matches. If I had to buy again, I would get the 1" rod model.

I’m gonna get this: Ray-Vin Scout Compact Spotting Scope Tripod

scout.jpg

I use a Ewing. The ones weber you have to rotate the legs around to get them set are a pain in the ass.

I'm looking for one too and will likely go with the 1" Polecat from Creedmoor based on the favorable reviews.

It'll be paired with a Kowa 82SV and Creedmoor told me the leg leveling feature on the 1" model is an upgrade of sorts that is not included with the smaller diameter pole models, though I am not certain of this is true or even a particularly useful thing to have for range shooting.

The Creedmoor padded bag is a nice touch too.

I have the creedmoor pole cat . After the first day of using it I wondered why the F I have been using a tripod all these years.
they take up to much room and the adjustments are lacking.

Holy thread drift Batman!!! [laugh]

I'm still a little shell shocked at the $400 price tag for a quality 1" scope stand. I'll have to keep an eye on ebay.......

What material is the 1" post made out of? Is it solid or hollow? I have about (10), 1" OD 6 foot prop shafts from sailboats that I keep cause I have a mental disease (what she claims) and my wife is always yelling at me to get rid of it but when we need some of the stuff I've horded through out the years I'm a hero.

Back on track; pole material, what is it?

What material is the 1" post made out of? Is it solid or hollow? I have about (10), 1" OD 6 foot prop shafts from sailboats that I keep cause I have a mental disease (what she claims) and my wife is always yelling at me to get rid of it but when we need some of the stuff I've horded through out the years I'm a hero.

Back on track; pole material, what is it?
I have a hollow chromed set.

Back
Top Bottom