1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Spot On Report About The Border

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ochmude, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

This is a really good summary of what's going on down on the U.S./Mexico border right now. People bitch about the refugees that were let in, but that didn't hold a candle to the tidal wave of "asylum" seekers that has been pouring over the border for three straight years now.

Special Report: Border crisis reality check

2. fd1266

fd1266

Three straight years! Once again laughable, its been far longer than that! The Wet-foot-Dry-foot act alone has been around far longer than that. Few if any Cubans have migrated recently from persecution, recently its been simple econmoics. In theory one must say they are seeking political asylum and they must state why. IE in fear of life, persecution from .GOV, ect. Some Countries don't qualify and I don't belive the statistics in that video are accurate at all.

Edit:unless they are talking about 9 out of ten who present themselves at the border as asylum seekers, not talking about of those who illegally cross.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

IIRC, folks seeking asylum from Coooba was the difference between being on the dry beach vs. picked up on the ocean within the 3 or 12 mile limit. Do we want to set limits on asylum?? (Actually, how about processing them like they did for the Coobanz and any other asylum seeker, but I digress.)

And, yes, a wall alone is useless. They'll just get around it. Get some sort of better work visa system and likely a majority of people will stop "streaming across the border." You still need a wall of some sort just to know where the criminals running drugs and such are getting through. But providing a way for these people to work here will effectively stop the majority of "illegal' problems in the US.

Notice, I didn't say CITIZENSHIP. We can deal with that later. Not many of these folks WANT to be US Citizens. They want to make dinero and vamoose back to Mexico.

4. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

You have some evidence to the contrary?

5. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

A) They have no interest in working here. When they're interviewed they literally say they are coming here to get welfare. B) They're not coming from Mexico. They're coming from Central America. They definitely don't want to "vamoose back to Mexico." They have zero intention of ever leaving.

1 person likes this.
  6. fd1266

fd1266

Not any statistics that I have looked up or will. However i deal with Ice and illegal immigrants at work a bit more than the average bear, and the eyeball test says this is far from the reality. Can you find a statistic saying that media report is close.

7. todd c

todd c

i would say ochmude is an expert on the subject. what you deal with on cape cod is probably nothing to what he see's everyday. if he says its accurate thats good enough for me.

8. Duxprep

Duxprep NES Member

If I'm not mistaken Ochmude works the border or at least for an alphabet agency near there. I'm inclined to believe what he says

9. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

Yes, I can. It's actually my job to calculate the statistics. I deal with illegals a bit more than the average bear too. I'm a Border Patrol Agent in Arizona, and I work in the office that has been tasked with processing all the releases for the entirety of the sector, part of which entails doing actual, physical headcounts of the all the bodies that we release each day, then compiling all the statistics for our reports. Prior to that I spent some time on the transport unit that physically drove the illegals up to Phoenix to be released. It's more than 9 out of 10 that get released. Currently our removal (deportation) rate is under 4% of total apprehensions.

1 person likes this.
  10. fd1266

fd1266

I suppose i stand corrected. I would be very interested in seeing a breakdown of what Countries and what reasons for asylum are listed. But from what i have delt with and have discussed with people who are major league players in the interdiction of illegal immigrants nationally/internationally i have learned otherwise, but perhaphs that's estimated illegals V. those who turn themselves in/are caught.

11. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

About 80% Guatemalan, 10% Romanian, 5% Honduran, 5% Salvadoran over the last payperiod. The cred fear claims are completely ambiguous. "It's very dangerous in my country" is the most common phrase, but the reason for the cred fear claim isn't even relevant. Even if they don't claim credible fear, currently we process them for ER, obtain a U.S. address, and put them on a bus to that address. In a couple years, ERO will knock on their door to round them up for a JPATS flight, but they mysteriously won't be living at that address any longer. So they'll be an ICE fugitive and completely amenable to deportation in the extremely unlikely event that they are ever found...except they'll have a gaggle of U.S. Citizen kids by that point and will be granted relief by EOIR.

Actually, the Romanians don't even really bother to claim credible fear anymore. Lately, when you ask them, "Do you have a fear of persecution or torture if returned to your native country?", they just laugh and say "No, because I know you aren't going to send me back. Why would I be afraid?"

12. fd1266

fd1266

that and according to most stats illegal immigrants account for somewhere between 2.5-3.5% of the U.S. population. By definition assulylum seekers cannot be defined as illegal.

Bottom Line is our Statistical System is plain wrong and not near accurate.

13. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

I think I see where our experiences differ. You're talking about individuals that are legitimately released, such as those that are actually granted asylum. I'm talking about people that are released pending an asylum hearing or pending removal proceedings. They are released on their own recognizance, "pre-trial" if you will, then just disappear into the country.

14. fd1266

fd1266

Perhaps, At the end of the Day the DHS, IOM, Alphabet you name it, ECT. They will NEVER add up or even be close to each other. Real world V. stats skewed to the particular agency reporting.

15. 71montess

71montess

In the end, these scum are breaking our immigration laws, entering my house as it were. Then vote DemocRAT when the time comes.

16. jct61765

jct61765 NES Member

That's the whole point Obama's letting them in, right? If they voted republican obama would have built a wall.

1 person likes this.
  17. Glockster30

Glockster30 NES Member

I'm surprised to see the high number of Romanians represented at 10%.

What about Muslims? Are there thousands at the border trying to get in as we read about in the news?