• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sportsmans Trading Company Amherst NH

No wonder you are saying good things about Al , you are his bookeeper for the
last 17 years for him. Talk about helping the guy out , he pays your salary and
your health insurance. That is why you are talking so nice about Al.

Judy dont you do his books?

No wonder you are saying good things about Al , you are his bookeeper for the
last 17 years for him. Talk about helping the guy out , he pays your salary and
your health insurance. That is why you are talking so nice about Al.

Forgot you posted this? Why do I get the feeling you are nick?

sent from the hand basket.

Avoid at all cost.

My first experience with this shop wasn't too bad to be honest. Bought a benchmade 741 first production for a somewhat expensive but not msrp price. So I come back to this shop because al told me that he knew the CEO of benchmade. Idk wether this is true or not, but at the time I believed him and asked if he could help me get a discontinued model, a 630bk skirmish. Of course he can! So I pay $280 for it and he tells me how benchmade keeps a bunch of discontinued models on hand in some back warehouse. He tells me it'll be about a week until it ships and about 2 to get here. So I go back in three weeks. Nothing. Tells me to check back in a week. Nothing. Tells me to give it a few more days. Nothing. One time when I checked he got pissed off and yelled at me, saying "were doing you a ****ing favor by getting you this. I'm not making much off it anyway so I'll just cancel it if you can't be happy.". Ok cause I have no right to know where my $280 knife is after about a month and a half of waiting? So this game goes on for a few more weeks and then I tell him I want my money back. He goes on to tell me how it's going to be a huge process for him to get refunded first so he can refund me. So he tells me to check my account in about a week. Guess what? Moneys not there! Big surprise right? So I go in and he's like "guess what? They found the knife, they accidentally shipped it to Oregon." so he tries to get me to buy it again lol. Not happening, I still want my money back This goes on for about three weeks and then I go in with my dad and boom, refunds it to my card and the moneys there the next day. Obviously he never ordered it and his whole deal with having his supplier refund him was a load of bullshit. Case in point, stay away from this place and it's scumbag owner. He's a thief and he's only after peoples money, he doesn't give two shits if you get what you want, or in my case and probably many other peoples, anything at all.

Last edited:
My first experience with this shop wasn't too bad to be honest. Bought a benchmade 741 first production for a somewhat expensive but not msrp price. So I come back to this shop because al told me that he knew the CEO of benchmade. Idk wether this is true or not, but at the time I believed him and asked if he could help me get a discontinued model, a 630bk skirmish. Of course he can! So I pay $280 for it and he tells me how benchmade keeps a bunch of discontinued models on hand in some back warehouse. He tells me it'll be about a week until it ships and about 2 to get here. So I go back in three weeks. Nothing. Tells me to check back in a week. Nothing. Tells me to give it a few more days. Nothing. One time when I checked he got pissed off and yelled at me, saying "were doing you a ****ing favor by getting you this. I'm not making much off it anyway so I'll just cancel it if you can't be happy.". Ok cause I have no right to know where my $280 knife is after about a month and a half of waiting? So this game goes on for a few more weeks and then I tell him I want my money back. He goes on to tell me how it's going to be a huge process for him to get refunded first so he can refund me. So he tells me to check my account in about a week. Guess what? Moneys not there! Big surprise right? So I go in and he's like "guess what? They found the knife, they accidentally shipped it to Oregon." so he tries to get me to buy it again lol. Not happening, I still want my money back This goes on for about three weeks and then I go in with my dad and boom, refunds it to my card and the moneys there the next day. Obviously he never ordered it and his whole deal with having his supplier refund him was a load of bullshit. Case in point, stay away from this place and it's scumbag owner. He's a thief and he's only after peoples money, he doesn't give two shits if you get what you want, or in my case and probably many other peoples, anything at all.

WOW,. when i was a Newb i bought a couple things here. I guess I did ok compared to this. stay away!

I have an attitude??

Yup, and you're a dumbass, too. Nothing I have ever heard about that place has been good. I personally don't have a story, because I have never done business there. Seriously, who takes a full deposit for a gun? Nobody I deal with. I have heard that Milford Firearms does, but I don't deal much with him anymore, either. Doesn't have anything in there, and I have heard stories.......

He did the same damn thing with me for a barrel...been waiting for it now for a year and a half. It's always "on it's way"..."UPS has come yet today", etc. etc. etc.

On a slightly related note; Does anyone remember what ever happened to the guy who had a store for a while in the place where Gold's Gym is now? Same side of the street as Sportsmans TC, further east into Nashua, by the Tech school. That guy was also a jerk. I bought one gun off him, which went ok, and then went back with 2 problem guns, that didn't go so well.

Well Judy, perhaps it would be in Al's best interest to insure that the merchandise that a customer has paid a lot of money for is in the store and not in the "warehouse" on the day he told the customer it would be there. And if it is in the warehouse, maybe he should have an employee go retrieve the item for the customer so he or she does not waste their time coming down to the store expecting to pick up their purchase. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Well Judy, perhaps it would be in Al's best interest to insure that the merchandise that a customer has paid a lot of money for is in the store and not in the "warehouse" on the day he told the customer it would be there. And if it is in the warehouse, maybe he should have an employee go retrieve the item for the customer so he or she does not waste their time coming down to the store expecting to pick up their purchase. Makes a lot of sense to me.
I don't think that he has a "warehouse". He orders from distributers like everyone else. Jack.

WOW,. when i was a Newb i bought a couple things here. I guess I did ok compared to this. stay away!

Well, he had a bnib Benchmade 42 balisong there for $295 (he sold it to me for $280 cause of the hassle.) Lets put it this way, al had no idea what these were worth, so I bought it and sold it that night for $525. in the end I made about $250 by checking that place out, so I guess it paid off lol.

Back
Top Bottom