• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sportsmans Show at Standish club

Its OK, small club and selection is very limited. I had to work it over the last several years but last year was the worst. A dealer selling fishing gear had a short video that had some god awful sound track and it repeated and repeated all day. It was a form of torture. I wrote to the White House and informed
Obama that water boarding is nothing like this..
If your local swing by, its a good show to check out. Some deals walk thru the door too ;)

The show will be ending early on Sunday due to the Super Bowl so if you plan on going Sunday, Do it before lunchtime to have enough time to look around.
From what I hear all tables have been spoken for this year so it should be a good show. There wil be a few raffles going on as well so be sure to check the first table when you get in the door.

I'll be there provided work doesn't have me out of town that weekend. It is just down the street from my house after all.

I bumped into C-pher briefly. I'll probally head back around 4 and see if any one will give me a fair price for one of my 1911's.

Typical Standish show, very small, for those dealers who didn't do their homework they realized the place doesn't have Wi-Fi.

Was a good show for us, sold a good amount of pistols and shot guns. Sold out on our Ruger LC9( brought 9 to the show) and had to buy two from another dealer.

Picked up my Ruger Scout Rifle which is a good thing for me ;)

Food was pretty bad, some customers had that 6 month old smell and yes Mike they were dropping bombs as well :(

I was feeling gross enough from a cold I sure didn't need that.

One funny story, a dealer to remain unnamed came up to me and saw I had an inverter. I told him it was a 850 watt /1500 peak. It has a usb port as well. A cooling fan and we ran it all day Saturday and still has 50% power.
He said he had a 1000 watt one would bring it in Sunday. He came over to me Sunday and said it didn't work. I went over to see if I could help. He didn't buy a battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ya cant make this s%^@ up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom