• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sporting Clays Courses/questions

Me and a few friends want to shoot a Sporting Clays course this Saturday. I know there's one in Scarborough, ME. Here are some questions I have if anyone can help.

Are there any others located on the North Shore of Mass?

I assume reservations are needed?

I assume foursomes?

Are carts available to rent?

Any other tips on what to bring or do to make it more enjoyable would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help.

I've shot at Westford. They kind of split the shooters up, not a foursome like golf. I've never seen a golf cart there, when I've shot. I think they still start at 9:00 am on Saturdays, until October.

I've shot sporting clays many times and went to Addeiville East farm (where Matt Light's celebrity shootout was) for the first time 2 weeks ago. They have a world class operation and we enjoyed it very much. This is the only clays course I have seen where carts can/are used. Most of them are just walking paths in the woods. Hopkinton spotsmen's club www.hsasports.com has a sporting clays course that we shoot on Sundays if we have a group of 4 or more shooters.
Bring lots of ammo. #8 or 9 works well for most targets you will see. Have fun.

Michael.

Comway sportsmans club has three {100 round} shoots a year. The shoots require pre registration due to the high volume of shooters. I can get you the info to you if your intrested for next year. Great course that draws shooters from all over New England.

One other thing to mention is the course is open to shoot on your own after the first shoot of the year, you just need to bring your own clays and a battery booster box for power.

Back
Top Bottom