• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spoke with Federal about HST today

wheelgun

NES Member
For those HST fans out there, you've probably heard that Federal is trying to take it off the open market and make it available to LEO's only. I've read that in many forums and even heard it from the guys at Four Seasons.

The other day I decided to send a rant to Federal about it. I received a reply today and was a bit surprised by it. They say they have no intent on barring the public from access to HST. However, due to huge demand and limited production bandwidth, they're giving LEO's first priority. As soon as most of the LEO backlog has been filled they say we'll start seeing HST readily available on the market again.

Believe it...... or not.

Last edited:
+1 to you for taking me down a notch. I had been stressing about this a little. Thanks.

Did they give you any idea of when?

+1 to you for taking me down a notch. I had been stressing about this a little. Thanks.

Did they give you any idea of when?

No. But I've been quoted as long as two months lead time from a major LEO distributor. So I figure we're talking 3-6 months at least for all us regular guys.

+1 Thanks for letting us know. I recently started carrying HST. I purchase 250 rounds to do some reliability testing and start a supply. When I went to get more I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm glad to hear this may/will eventually change.

Thanks for checking up on this.

I had a suspicion it had something to do with channel diversion of the
product, rather than simply an internal "ban" by Federal.

The "Obama Runs" on ammo is probably taking its toll heavily on things
like defense ammo.

-Mike

shortage

you have no idea the amount of ammo being stock piled.I just saw a pic of pallets,20 cases of 1000 rds each.the loading tool companies are backed up.
maufact of AR15 and other are backed 6 months.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom